JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Modern Day Musket

Posted on July 23, 2012 by dowebadmin

The AR-15 is the most popular gun in the U.S. today. It is commonly referred to as “the modern musket” which is a very accurate description. The AR-15 platform is also referred to as a utility gun. I can be adapted to many uses, hunting, competitive shooting, police and yes, military use.

When the 2nd Amendment was written, the state of the art in firearms was the musket and every citizen had one. It was used daily for hunting, varmint control, and even personal protection. Without muskets, the American revolution would never have happened. The fact that the “American rebels” had the same state of the art weaponry as the British troops leveled the battlefield. The founding fathers knew when they wrote the 2nd Amendment that they had to protect an individual’s right to keep and bear arms so that no enemy (foreign or domestic) would have the luxury of superior firepower.

Gun Restriction advocates would have you believe these “assault weapons” were not what the founders envisioned when they wrote the 2nd Amendment, or that these guns are “only good for mass murder and killing people” The reality is that they have a place, just like any good tool, in modern society. Just like the musket did back when our country was founded.

- ANY QUESTIONS??? - simon99

I loathe plastic guns and or tactical guns. Im a Fudd. But ahead of that I support the right to keep and bear arms. Any arms you choose and Im behind you, even if its something I dont personally care for. I do own some " musketry " its just a little older than yours. Ill hold my own in a skirmish line. :)

You are all wrong, except for Logic, and he is only half right. It is the 30 caliber clip magazines in half a second, and it is black.

I do have a half serious question though.
If the AR15 is the modern musket, does that make the AR10 the modern Kentucky longrifle?

pm vs CR.jpg

pm vs CR.jpg

Modern Musket? I have never heard that term. Neither did Wikipedia
"Search results
The page ""modern musket"" does not exist. You can ask for it to be created, but consider checking the search results below to see whether the topic is already covered."

MSR or Modern Sporting Rifle
- an AR 10 derivative in medium rifle caliber, with no select (full auto) fire.
- most frequently called AR 15

I also frequently hear Assault Rifle
- but that has to have the select fire position and use medium rifle caliber ammunition.

There is a also a PCC - Pistol Caliber Carbine.
- Looks the same, except takes a pistol caliber and typically does not have select fire (but that is not a defining characteristic)

As for comments #3 and #4 - You are both wrong.
It is undoubtedly the Bayonet Mount that makes a modern musket so terrible.
Because unlike a pistol grip or barrel shroud, muskets had bayonets. "The bayonet has become a symbol of military power."
Bayonet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's on the internet, so you know it's true.

The Modern Day Musket

Posted on July 23, 2012 by dowebadmin

The AR-15 is the most popular gun in the U.S. today. It is commonly referred to as "the modern musket" which is a very accurate description. The AR-15 platform is also referred to as a utility gun. I can be adapted to many uses, hunting, competitive shooting, police and yes, military use.

When the 2nd Amendment was written, the state of the art in firearms was the musket and every citizen had one. It was used daily for hunting, varmint control, and even personal protection. Without muskets, the American revolution would never have happened. The fact that the "American rebels" had the same state of the art weaponry as the British troops leveled the battlefield. The founding fathers knew when they wrote the 2nd Amendment that they had to protect an individual's right to keep and bear arms so that no enemy (foreign or domestic) would have the luxury of superior firepower.

Gun Restriction advocates would have you believe these "assault weapons" were not what the founders envisioned when they wrote the 2nd Amendment, or that these guns are "only good for mass murder and killing people" The reality is that they have a place, just like any good tool, in modern society. Just like the musket did back when our country was founded.

- ANY QUESTIONS??? - simon99

Yeah, why did you misspell MuskeK? :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews