JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I always though the universal "Hand out" firearm for an non-gun owning relative was a 38 special revolver. Easy to understand and see how to operate, but not too easy to accidentally pull the trigger.

-Armscor_M200_38_Spl_Pistol_Black_Parkerized-51261.jpg

Oh look, they are on sale https://palmettostatearmory.com/armscor-m200-38-spl-pistol-black-parkerized-51261.html

It's interesting to see all the different opinions on what each person's thought for this is.

One of my thoughts is that I don't have any relatives or friends that aren't already proficient in the basic use of an AR15, so that makes it relatively easy to consider, but in order to achieve that I had to basically drag some of them to proficiency because they weren't interested. Even so, now I know and they know that if I handed them an AR they could manipulate the safety, magazine and put accurate fire on target.

I always though the universal "Hand out" firearm for an non-gun owning relative was a 38 special revolver. Easy to understand and see how to operate, but not too easy to accidentally pull the trigger.

View attachment 1019372

Oh look, they are on sale https://palmettostatearmory.com/armscor-m200-38-spl-pistol-black-parkerized-51261.html
Yes and no.

Dao revolvers (absolutely no exposed hammer).
I've seen way too many people on tv "make ready " by cocking the hammer.
You know, then go through a door at high ready, or start searching a dark building.

Yes and no.

Dao revolvers (absolutely no exposed hammer).
I've seen way too many people on tv "make ready " by cocking the hammer.
You know, then go through a door at high ready, or start searching a dark building.
I see your point but if I can't trust them with a da/sa revolver, I probably can't count on them to keep it pointed away from me either.

I am probably coming off like a conceited jerk, but I have to regularly lock and even just plain CLOSE windows and doors on the vehicles and house before I go to bed. If my current nuclear unit makes it past day 3 of armageddon it's pure dumb luck.
I had a girlfriend who would deliberately leave the back door unlocked in case she lost her keys again, which she in fact did. I couldn't talk her out of it.

That ain't no excuse.....

I did not say my family had a problem shooting from the motorcycle, its when you park and go into the post office that folks get a bit upset.

My Scorpion will fit into the trunk of my bike with its side folding brace but my AR will not because of the buffer tube.

But I am working on it...LOL

OK fine you have convinced me. I picked up an assembled 16" upper with an M-Lok handguard on sale, and a $139 PSA complete lower. Now I am trying to decide between MBUS sights or a cheap red dot or both.

OK fine you have convinced me. I picked up an assembled 16" upper with an M-Lok handguard on sale, and a $139 PSA complete lower. Now I am trying to decide between MBUS sights or a cheap red dot or both.
That's more of a personal financial situation because you know if you are setting it up for best use, it would have both.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top