JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't consider my knives as work knives, they are sharp to use on things I will eat. My work tool is a small hatchet for the camp chores. I like to keep my knives sharp for when I need them and won't dull them doing camp work.

My latest favorite knife I got from a gent here and its made by Spyderco. Great knife from a good fellow.

I thought this would be a fun thread to do. Lets see your fixed blade camp/survival/bushcraft knives. Remember, fixed blade so, no folders and such. I'll start:

1. Custom made hand forged camp chopper
2. Puma SGB 6396 Bowie
3. Ka-bar/Becker/Esee BK14
4. Esee PR4 Camp Lore (New to me today and will be my primary)
5. Cold Steel SRK SK5

If you have photos of your knives in action around camp, field use etc. etc. Please post 'em up! :DView attachment 887645
I have two knives that I carry in the field. A Buck 119 Special in brass and rosewood:
buck119specialknife.jpeg

And an exchangeable blade Kershaw Alaskan kit:
kershawknife.jpeg

I don't know if we'd consider the Kershaw a fixed blade, but the saw blade and skinning blades come in pretty handy.

I also have a Buck 110 folder that has been in my pocket daily for 40 years.

Sheathed and unsheathed. I have a few more stored in the camping bin in the garage. The Benchmade stays in the car. It's skinned many squirrels out in the woods. Great knife. Bought a case of the paracord ones maybe 10 years ago for cheap. I keep them in BOBs and give them away often.

C90F78F9-01BD-4B51-A7DC-46BFAE92C96F.jpeg 19EEE3A3-4A69-4F0E-BF9F-43E8ED04C048.jpeg

I don't consider my knives as work knives, they are sharp to use on things I will eat. My work tool is a small hatchet for the camp chores. I like to keep my knives sharp for when I need them and won't dull them doing camp work.

My latest favorite knife I got from a gent here and its made by Spyderco. Great knife from a good fellow.
So you won't cut some twine with a knife?

Sounds like a hassle, anal and boring.
Decades ago, I put 1000 sintered iron 9mm slugs into a 10" bull pine and then chopped it down, directly through the swarm, with my Trailmaster. It was and still is shaving sharp.

Here are a few mere mortal cheapies I pulled out of 4 go bags. I didn't show the duplicates. Note, the shovel is a Cold Steel version and sharpened on 4 edges. There are more 20210521_163925.jpg in vehicles and other places too.

I was just in BiMart and they had a Gerber Ultimate for $39 so I grabbed the one they had. Next week I will go into a different BiMart for my vaccine shot so I will pick up one there too if they have it. Then I will give those to the kids for their birthdays.

Here are a few mere mortal cheapies I pulled out of 4 go bags. I didn't show the duplicates. Note, the shovel is a Cold Steel version and sharpened on 4 edges. There are moreView attachment 889162 in vehicles and other places too.
No joke that little hatchet at the bottom, I have the same one, is the best TP stand! I wish they made it without the tiny worthless blade and put a tiny shovel on it. I still use the blade to dig, then whack the pick side into a tree to hold my TP roll!

My go-to is an Essee 3.
I also have a 4 which l like a lot, but the smaller 3 is a handier size for most things.

Larger chopping duties (up until an axe is needed) are handled by an Ontario Golock... a great, Gurkha-sized machete.
Those Gerbers are pretty sweet. There are 4 Katanas too lol. They actually work really good!

Sounds like a hassle, anal and boring.
Decades ago, I put 1000 sintered iron 9mm slugs into a 10" bull pine and then chopped it down, directly through the swarm, with my Trailmaster. It was and still is shaving sharp.
I can't take a good picture or I would post one of my favorite knives, I am addicted to knife collecting. They are tools though and while they can chop wood I don't choose to waste time with a knife when a hatchet does a better job.

Boring is hacking away with a knife at what should be done with a hatchet. It isnt just me that thinks that way..

My go-to is an Essee 3.
I also have a 4 which l like a lot, but the smaller 3 is a handier size for most things.

Larger chopping duties (up until an axe is needed) are handled by a Condor 11" pack Golok... a great, Gurkha-sized machete.
View attachment 889178
I like and own a Condor tool, them South Americans make good machetes. Oregons west side heavy brush a tool like that works well. Imho

Edited to add, this is my Condor

Last Edited:
I can't take a good picture or I would post one of my favorite knives, I am addicted to knife collecting. They are tools though and while they can chop wood I don't choose to waste time with a knife when a hatchet does a better job.

Boring is hacking away with a knife at what should be done with a hatchet. It isnt just me that thinks that way..

Cutting some twine isn't hacking away and I'd never click on a jeep wrangler star salesman video.
But anyway.

Sheathed and unsheathed. I have a few more stored in the camping bin in the garage. The Benchmade stays in the car. It's skinned many squirrels out in the woods. Great knife. Bought a case of the paracord ones maybe 10 years ago for cheap. I keep them in BOBs and give them away often.

View attachment 888881 View attachment 888882
I bought one of those (paracord) wrapped knives on eBay probably 10 years ago for ¢.99 and $1.00 in shipping. Literally a $1.99 and it came dull as a butter knife but after I put an edge on it, it's held up surprisingly well. I keep it a battle box for quick access. Cheapest knife I ever bought!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top