JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the good ol' stab and twist

MT105-7TI-2T.jpg

7" blade tanto for $30. Could be a budget option?

26CC4DCF-88E6-41F2-986A-85FBFB356854.png

Goofy video but if you turn sound off and skip around you can see how it responds to various abuse (not that u will probably have to drive it through a car's hood ha ha).

I use the Amtac Minuteman, works in both the pocket and in the appendix area when mounted diagonal/horizontal so the left hand can deploy it.

I carry it on left side, opposite of the pistol.

Bill Rapier is legit. I really enjoy listening to him talk and his outlook on life.

I use the Amtac Minuteman, works in both the pocket and in the appendix area when mounted diagonal/horizontal so the left hand can deploy it.

I carry it on left side, opposite of the pistol.

Sgian_dubh_Sheffield_noBG.jpg

That's rad. It goes in your sock though.

He was in town this last week for 2 two day courses...had dinner with him and some Texas Rangers...was a hoot.

He'll be out next year doing a 2 day pistol combative course that includes knife techniques.
I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I'd love to take a course from him.

Gerber Strongarm. Mounts either to a plate carrier or belt. I love mine and my friend loved mine so much, I bought him one. Has very many uses including being a tactical knife. Look up the reviews, for the money, it's an outstanding option for a great price.
This fine gentleman beat me to it. I rock a strong arm on my plate carrier, it fits perfectly, has yet to disappoint me in any way, and is a fraction of the cost of most of not all knives in its class with the same quality (if not better IMO).

My EDC if the battle is unexpected, which would likely be either a CS Kobun or CS Master hunter.. My CS Laredo for more "planned" situations (not that we ever plan for a knife fight, a pistol being far more effective). The Laredo is designed for killing and nothing else, really. Otherwise I might be on scene with a 12-13" kukri, I have one in particular that has served well in "life or death" the past, and useful for other yard/barnyard/estancia tasks. Actually, like many knife nuts I have a selection among a realm of possibilities. One thing I've learned, avoid a "knife fight" like I would the Plague.

Last Edited:
I am partial to my Randall SP #1 (Model 16).

View attachment 1191780
The only criticism I would have after just looking at it and not actually USING one- is the over-sized looking grip as opposed to the smallish blade. Doesnt quite look symmetrical to me... YMMV, of course. Randall has a great reputation and guys stand in line for years to get a Randall. Otherwise it's a beauty!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top