JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_20210416_212016407.jpg

I love the canvas micarta stuff. It's good with or without gloves on.
Most all of my knives are rubber overmold of one sort or another. As long as it is grippy when wet, then I like it. Metal is cold and is a heat sink, so not good in the cold or after sitting in the sun. I have a few all metal long guns (except for a plastic hand grip) that are not comfortable to shoot when very cold or after sitting in the sun in the summer - wish I could have them coated in rubber in certain strategic places, especially where I have a cheek weld.

For knives I always look for rubber/TPE/et. al. - it doesn't have to beet spongy or thick like many Cold Steel knives, just enough to get a good grip when wet and not freeze to my wet hands or gloves when sub-zero temps hit.

Camp/survival/bushcraft... my favorite genre of knives. Pretty much whittled my selection down to a few that just tickle my fancy. ESEE 6, Ka-Bar (of course), Navy Mk 3 (not the one I was issued way back when, but same company's model), the Glock field knife (for you Glock fanboys), a Mark Hazen Legion (more of a tactical knife, but it's cool), Snake Blocker Apache Falcon (tough as hell) and the SP-2 (the improved AFSK, got a few of them, but meh).
favorite fixed blades.jpg

Chris at Iron Ridge made the blacksmith knife for me. There's a NOS Colt bayonet in there, the Browning bowie is Chinese crap, but it's stamped Browning so...
The Rat 4, the Esee Junglas and the Ontario TAK have TKC custom scales.
Only a few have been used, most are pretty minty.
I live in the woods and no longer camp, so I may trade or sell some since they just sit in a drawer. It's a waste of good knives.

IMG_20210525_100049.jpg

Liked it enough to order one.

I would have wished that it added some jimping and a bit to the thumb on the bolster, but I do love the carbon steel.

Personally; a Kukri, next a KaBar and then maybe for a third a high carbon steel GP 4" knife

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top