JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Back in the 60s to the 80s, there was a bladesmith that made hunting knives with a laminated blade (I think the steel came from Sweden) and leather sheaths with a copper liner. IIRC the bladesmith died about 20-30 years ago? I think he was from Oregon, maybe the Eugene area? The knives became collectors items.

I am trying to remember his name. I googled but didn't find anything helpful.

TIA for any help.

Sounds like Morseth. I have only seen one with the copper liner. Most have kind of a kydex liner. My dad knew Harry and was a friend of his son. I cant remember his name.
I met Steve while doing gun shows in the 80's and early 90's. Bought my hunting knife from him in the early 90's. Got a deal $125 and a fifth of whiskey.
He had a employee that made knives from left over parts after Steve died in 95. I can't remember the employees name but he was from western Oregon. He was a good knife maker.
I tried to find him a few years ago to get a sheath repaired. I heard that he has also passed.

I guess mine was made in 1987.

20240329_120655.jpg

L to R
Harry Morseth was my dads knife 1950's cost $15.
Steve Morseth My knife 1987 model 4 cost $125 and $8 whiskey.
Steve Morseth 1987 model 1 only one made with this type of wood.
I have a card somewhere with type of wood. Was a gift from Steve.
Last one is my hunting partners, RIP. Was bought at gun show in Reno.
Appears to be one from parts. Steve's blade, Harry's stamp on blade,
poorly made sheath. Cost $250

20240329_120628.jpg

Last Edited:
The only knife I've seen that you could do this.
I have seen my dad bend it 90 degrees.
I am too chicken.

20240329_120449.jpg 20240329_120358.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR