JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trying my first box pressed 5Vegas Serie A

little different flavor then the round ones for sure but not bad. Little more pepper but it could be I ate recently and normally eat after a cigar and not before

7BA8D557-B440-443E-BF80-39FA479C4BA8.jpeg 6A7E6EEF-59AB-49E8-A1AE-7801C9D801A1.jpeg

Tried an alec Bradley 90+ seconds robusto today.
Score 7.7/10 great med-full everyday smoke cigar. No real negatives at all. Nothing super exciting flavor wise. Good construction. On par with the Ramon bueso genesis project but I like just a hair less than those.

Body: 5, 6-7, 8 (10 = fullest body)

Strength: 1 (10 = highest nicotine)

Bitterness: 1, 3-4, 5 (10 = most bitter)

Sour: 1, 1, 3 (10 = most sour)

Pepper: 2-3 (10 = most pepper)

Flavors: 3-4 woody (10 = best possible in quantity and quality).

Aroma: 3-4 (10 = highest amount and best possible)

Tongue bite/harshness: 3 (10 = lots of tongue bite and/or harshness)

Smoke: low to normal

Firm: normal

Draw: good

Presence: 3, 5, 5 (10 = most mouth presence, beyond 5 becomes detrimental for me)

Burn: good, 1 minor touch up, slight wonky in last 3rd But minor - kinda expected for seconds, no re-lights

Price: $1.70 shipped

Tobacco: habano wrapper, Honduran Binder?, Honduran, Nicaraguan? Filler

FYI here is a database I found from trying to find what this cigar is, might have other cigar 2nds such as rocky Patel, did not check yet Cigar Geeks - The Cigar Database
472AC415-A6DC-42FF-A012-273D5F3A0209.jpeg

Last Edited:
Tried a macanudo inspirado white today.

Score 8.2/10 (subject to change as I get down further) great mild cigar. Creamy. Mellow. I prefer Macanudo gold to this one. Reminds me a lot of cohiba Connecticut in 1st third (but with more nutty flavor and also more aroma). becomes heavier and more complex in 2nd third vs cohiba stays the same throughout.

Body: 1, 4, 4-5 (10 = fullest body -note that a Comma Is used to separate 1st, 2nd, 3rd thirds)
Strength: 1, 2, 2 (10 = highest nicotine)
Bitterness: 0, 3, 2-3 (10 = most bitter)
Sour: 0, 1, (10 = most sour)
Pepper: 0 tiny hint of spice, 3-4 both pepper and spice, (10 = most pepper)
Flavors: 2 Typical macanudo toasted nut -creamy is overall word I would use -additional flavors r there but very subtle imo, 2nd third 3-4 pepper and spice especially increasing, 5-6 in last third (10 = best possible in quantity and quality).
Aroma: 2 airy somewhat floral, 4-5 nutty earthy, (10 = highest amount and best possible)
Tongue bite/harshness: 0, 3, 4 (10 = lots of tongue bite and/or harshness)
Smoke: normal
Firm: normal
Draw: easy
Presence: 1, 3-4, 5 (10 = most mouth presence, beyond 5 becomes detrimental for me)
Burn: perfect, razor sharp, tight stacked white ash, no re-lights or touch ups.

Price: $2.20 ea in a 10 pack

Great 4 person panel review of it here. Those guys palettes are way more developed than mine.
1160178E-B11B-4391-82FF-1E16BB8014E1.jpeg

Last Edited:
Obsidian after a couple 5Vegas series A's this morning.

only had 6 left of these little 4.5x60's and love them so I've been saving them but found some Belicasos So I was able to buy 40 of them for cheap:D

These things put out copious amounts of smoke and burn slow. Definitely not for the faint of heart or tolerance but fantastic if you want a powerhouse. No pepper at all too so very smooth. Highly recommend them if you can find them.;)

AF8C48E3-AF69-4EE7-8224-D7C388273418.jpeg

Won this from an online auction, 24 bucks. Brand new. I thought had two cigar tubes but it turned out that one is actually a flask. Lol, perfect! I little fancier than what I usually go for but I can always rattle can the whole thing FDE.

IMG_20200325_150309.jpg

You can legally bring them through customs now.

Awesome. About 10 years ago i sailed from jacksonville to stockton. Grabbed a couple boxes of cigars in panama. Flew home from california to washington. Somebody at the airport went through my bags and helped themselves to 2 cigars. Dicks.

Won this from an online auction, 24 bucks. Brand new. I thought had two cigar tubes but it turned out that one is actually a flask. Lol, perfect! I little fancier than what I usually go for but I can always rattle can the whole thing FDE.

View attachment 674328
That's awesome! If u wanted to u could add another tube to replace the flask (they sell single tubes like that on amazon pretty inexpensively as I recall) or could use an aluminum tube from a tubo cigar too.

I like that it's soft sided but still holds everything needed. I've noticed a few hard sided ones with zippers and they seem too thick and bulky to carry around easily. That one looks like it could go into a jacket pocket or whatever. Great design!

Tried a sancho panza glorioso today

Score 5.5/10 harsh in throat, almost no aroma, not much flavor other than pepper to me. If u like peppery cigars this might be one to try but I'd skip it personally. Good construction. Ended it before half way point.

Body: 5-6, (10 = fullest body)

Strength: 1, (10 = highest nicotine)

Bitterness: 4, (10 = most bitter)

Sour: 2 (10 = most sour)

Pepper: 7-8, (10 = most pepper).

Flavor: 1 pepper (10= best quantity and quality)

Aroma: 1, wet hay maybe (10 = highest amount and best possible)

Tongue bite/harshness: 8-9 (10 = lots of tongue bite and/or harshness)

Firm: very firm

Draw: tight

Presence: 3-4 (10 = most mouth presence, beyond 5 becomes detrimental for me)

Burn: good, slow burner, nice tight stacked white ash

Price: unknown, came in sampler
8533063F-7E2C-487B-B401-F0012E3FDE8A.jpeg

Last Edited:
Good to know!

I've only had one 'Sancho Panza Triple Añejo' and it was quite good. Unfortunately it was also from a sampler so I have only had the one.

Ive just not quite been in the mood to experiment this week so I'm back to a Black Ops Maduro. Good nicotine hit without being harsh and then back to my basement reorganizing;)

I hear u on experimenting. Love it when pleasant surprise especially if it's a hidden gem. Disappointing when u get one not to ur taste. But always educational.

I wish cigar reviewers online would start with all the possible negatives first like high pepper, harsh, whatever. That would make it easy to identify possible good fits. Some reviews however it's hard to tell much of anything other than flavors.

Maybe they don't because they don't want to PO manufacturers or maybe because negatives to one person might be a positive to the next I don't know. I know the words I listen for are harsh pepper etc and if I hear those much I generally take it off my list to try.

I was thinking about adding "finish" to the list of things to evaluate but I'm not sure really what to put for that. I know when there is a really long finish like most of those Cameroons, and very short finish is easy enough, but in between I don't have a developed enough pallete yet to evaluate. But that probably goes under the "who gives a crap anyway" category ha ha.

I like a long oily finish as long as it's not pepper ;)
If u haven't tried that H upman vintage Cameroon from the holts 10 for $15 sampler yet, that thing has an unbelievably long finish. A really interesting cigar. That sampler is almost worth it imo for that cigar and the montechristo platinum alone. Haven't tried many of the others in the sampler yet (although they r almost all high quality known brand names fwiw).

If u haven't tried that H upman vintage Cameroon from the holts 10 for $15 sampler yet, that thing has an unbelievably long finish. A really interesting cigar. That sampler is almost worth it imo for that cigar and the montechristo platinum alone. Haven't tried many of the others in the sampler yet (although they r almost all high quality known brand names fwiw).

Ive tried the Oliva G and I know I like the Macanudo cafe. The punch wasnt bad either. I'll have to get on trying the rest but I'll probably start with ones I have multiples of so I know if I want to keep them or out then up for trade.

Good to know on those other two though

Tried a rocky Patel renaissance today.

Score 6.7/10 Nothing exciting about this cigar for me. Peppery seems to be dominant, medium bodied. Low aroma. Nothing really offensive about it.

I'm Surprised by construction and burn issues with RP cigars. 4 of the 5 I've tried so far had burn issues of one sort or another. I'm not used to that.

Bitterness: 3, (10 = most bitter)

Pepper: 6 white and red to me, (10 = most pepper).

Tongue bite/harshness: 4-5 t bite due to pepper but not harsh at all (10 = lots of tongue bite and/or harshness)

Sour: 1, (10 = most sour)

Body: 5, (10 = fullest body)

Flavor: 1 dry -bit of toasted nut, (10= best quantity and quality)

Aroma: 1, slightly stinging -no earthy or musty notes -very different than many of the Honduran tobacco RPs I've tried (which isn't that many actually), (10 = highest amount and best possible)

Firm: firm

Draw: tight to very tight

Presence: 3, (10 = most mouth presence, beyond 5 becomes detrimental for me)

Burn and construction: fair, needed touch ups and wrapper starting to unroll on burn end

Price: came in sampler but currently 1.99 on sale at holts I noticed

Tobacco: wrapper Ecuadorian sumatra, binder Nicaraguan, filler nicaraguan/Honduran F434C79B-4A54-448E-A2A9-214892AE86F3.jpeg
683EC1A8-612E-4EC6-885E-00FC053546BD.jpeg

Tried a rocky Patel renaissance today.

Score 6.7/10 Nothing exciting about this cigar for me. Peppery seems to be dominant, medium bodied. Low aroma. Nothing really offensive about it.

I'm Surprised by construction and burn issues with RP cigars. 4 of the 5 I've tried so far had burn issues of one sort or another. I'm not used to that.

Bitterness: 3, (10 = most bitter)

Pepper: 6 white and red to me, (10 = most pepper).

Tongue bite/harshness: 4-5 t bite due to pepper but not harsh at all (10 = lots of tongue bite and/or harshness)

Sour: 1, (10 = most sour)

Body: 5, (10 = fullest body)

Flavor: 1 dry -bit of toasted nut, (10= best quantity and quality)

Aroma: 1, slightly stinging -no earthy or musty notes -very different than many of the Honduran tobacco RPs I've tried (which isn't that many actually), (10 = highest amount and best possible)

Firm: firm

Draw: tight to very tight

Presence: 3, (10 = most mouth presence, beyond 5 becomes detrimental for me)

Burn and construction: fair, needed touch ups and wrapper starting to unroll on burn end

Price: came in sampler but currently 1.99 on sale at holts I noticed

Tobacco: wrapper Ecuadorian sumatra, binder Nicaraguan, filler nicaraguan/HonduranView attachment 675449
View attachment 675451

Very similar to the RP Renaissance Maduro's I have it sounds like But more nicotine in them. Although it's all subjective.

The Maduro's burn pretty good though- maybe needing one touch up on some. They are the Corona size though so maybe that's part of it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top