JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Xikar hc series habano colorado robusto

Summary: I recommend very highly for full bodied cigar preference poeple. It's a powerhouse. Closest I've had to the last Cuban cohiba I had many years ago. Wonderful aroma. Too Bold/full bodied for my taste but excellent construction, burn, aroma, and flavors.

Score 7.6/10. if I liked really potent cigars this would probably be like a 9.4-9.5 score.

Body: 9 (10 = fullest body)

Strength: 2-3 (10 = highest nicotine)

Bitterness: 4-5, 5, 5.5 (10 = most bitter)

Pepper: 5 red (10 = most pepper)

Flavors: 7 closest to last Conan cohiba I had. Very deep and rich aged tobacco type flavors. (10 = best possible in quantity and quality).

Aroma: 8.5-9 aged tobacco, deep earthy mossy (10 = highest amount and best possible)

Tongue bite/harshness: 5, 4, (10 = lots of tongue bite and/or harshness)

Smoke: normal to high

Firm: very firm

Draw: tight

Presence: 8 (10 = most mouth presence, beyond 5 becomes detrimental for me)

Burn: perfect, very long burning cigar, probably 2 hours
BC602147-68ED-4F70-A283-56076EDCE4B4.jpeg

Last Edited:
Tried a couple new to me cigars today. Will list sperately.

Vegas "A"

Summary: only couple days in humidor so need to retry later. No real negatives other than wrapper and somewhat sour taste . No real positives either, other than I like the aroma. Fine for an inexpensive cigar. Not really a fair review cuz too soon after delivery I think.

Score 5/10

Body: 3 (10 = fullest body)

Strength: 1 (10 = highest nicotine)

Bitterness: 1 1st third, 4-5 more sour than bitter but bitter too second third, N/A in last third (10 = most bitter)

Pepper: 1 (10 = most pepper, black = type, if only one score -no commas- that means same throughout)

Flavors: 0-1, (10 = best possible in quantity and quality). Wet leaves, dry, sour

Aroma: 2, (10 = highest amount and best possible type) low aroma but nice earthy

Tongue bite/harshness: 1, (10 = lots of tongue bite and/or harshness)

Smoke: normal

Firm: soft, easily cracked

Draw: good

Presence: 2 (10 = most mouth presence, beyond 5 becomes detrimental for me)

Burn: Good , fair construction wrapper cracked in two diff. places
View attachment 672662

Sounds like it might not be at the right humidity like you mentioned.

If you keep trying them and don't like them I will trade you for something;)

Xikar hc series habano robusto

Summary: I recommend very highly for full bodied cigar preference poeple. It's a powerhouse. Closest I've had to the last Cuban cohiba I had many years ago. Wonderful aroma. Too Bold/full bodied for my taste but excellent construction, burn, aroma, and flavors.

Score 7.6/10. if I liked really potent cigars this would probably be like a 9.4-9.5 score.

Body: 9 (10 = fullest body)

Strength: 2-3 (10 = highest nicotine)

Bitterness: 4-5, 5, 5.5 (10 = most bitter)

Pepper: 5 red (10 = most pepper)

Flavors: 7 closest to last Conan cohiba I had. Very deep and rich aged tobacco type flavors. (10 = best possible in quantity and quality).

Aroma: 8.5-9 aged tobacco, deep earthy mossy (10 = highest amount and best possible)

Tongue bite/harshness: 5, 4, (10 = lots of tongue bite and/or harshness)

Smoke: normal to high

Firm: very firm

Draw: tight

Presence: 8 (10 = most mouth presence, beyond 5 becomes detrimental for me)

Burn: perfect, very long burning cigar, probably 2 hours
View attachment 672665

I have a lot of the Maduro's, you might like it better - not much pepper and more sweetness.

We will have to get together someday when the world has lessened in the crazy department :D

Had to shave a bit off the back of one drawer to clear the top light.

disassembled a shelf to make separators for the single stack inserts for the 2 I ordered so they weren't just laying on a layers of cigars.

Turned out just the way I wanted it too.

although I guess I have too many cigars cus I have a few extra boxes I just couldn't manage to get in there.

84111839-6F6E-4024-ABDB-A4A6045D253D.jpeg 00AADE1E-240D-4E14-8514-CABB0AA51143.jpeg

Had to shave a bit off the back of one drawer to clear the top light.

disassembled a shelf to make separators for the single stack inserts for the 2 I ordered so they weren't just laying on a layers of cigars.

Turned out just the way I wanted it too.

although I guess I have too many cigars cus I have a few extra boxes I just couldn't manage to get in there.

View attachment 672711View attachment 672712
Your out of TP but you got 1200 cigars. :D:D:D

I have been lurking this thread off and on for a while. I need a bit of advice. I finally bought a house. First time. Not quite retirement age, but it has been something a long time coming.

I will be moving in at the beginning of May. It is just me, no one else. The first night, I want to grill a good steak, lounge in the hot tub, have a mighty fine whiskey and a worthy smoke. I already have the meat for the steak covered, but would like suggestions for a drink/smoke for my kicking back on the porch "finally made it" moment. Kind of an I love it when a plan comes together thing.

Any suggestions?
The world is your oyster. Enjoy your new home. Whiskey is always a good choice when partaking. A mild scotch like Monkey Shoulder is not only affordable, but goes with a variety of fine, hand made premium cigars. Regarding the smoke, a nice Arturo Fuente Hemingway or Ashton would mark the occasion nicely. Congrats on the new home!

Up for partaking this evening is a Macanudo Inspirado Red, 6x60 ring Guage. I'm a bit too lazy to crack open a bottle of wine so I grabbed a juice pack from my kids stash. Technically, it's just very young wine.
For fire, my Burns-o-Matic and sweet lady propane.
So far, the Big Red has been a pretty sweet smoke. Cool on the pallet and gentle in the flavor. The ash is also coming along nicely. Cheers to all fighting the good fight against these troubled times.

IMG_20200321_211351.jpg IMG_20200321_204425.jpg IMG_20200321_204134.jpg

Sounds like it might not be at the right humidity like you mentioned.

If you keep trying them and don't like them I will trade you for something;)
Yea I think there is either an issue at cigarbid with storage or maybe dried out in shipping. I was really surprised that the 5 pack shown below (Torano brand) looks likenthat. I've never seen plastic wrap like this. Looks like it got hot or wet or something. Makes me suspicious of cigarbid now.

The other thing that makes me think it's shipping/previous storage humidity is that macanudo gold I tried (posted above many pages ago) literally right after delivered seemed very flat. The same cigar after being in humidor for a while was one of the best I ever had.

Re trade yea definitely up for that when virus thing settles down or before via package. I've been going for variety and ended up with a lot of full bodied ones I'm sure. Not sure what a lot of them r until I try.
469F47A9-8F9B-47A5-8E17-4CE4821D5761.jpeg
1F41C804-8383-4CB4-98BC-D03820DA447F.jpeg

Tried a la perla habana morado (black pearl) today.

So my first ever Cameroon wrapper was the h upmann vintage Cameroon a few days/week ago. That one intrigued me so much and was so different than anything I've had before that I wanted to explore all the Cameroon wrapper ones I had.

What I've found out (I think) is that some (maybe most?) cameroons have an acrid odor that burns my mouth, throat, and nose and leaves a long lasting sour taste (not bitter in the case of the black pearl).

This black pearl is very similar to both olivas That way and looks like they r definitely not a fit for me. And that sucks cuz I have 20 rocky Patel 2003 Cameroon fumas coming this Tuesday! Probably will be saying OOPS! on that later I'm guessing. But I bought with Thompson cash when they had that too good to be true sale so that might take some of the sting out.

Well that is part of the fun I guess. Learning what tobacco makes what taste. So I would encourage anyone who hasn't tried a Cameroon to try just one (like an oliva or this black pearl) and see if u like that taste or not.

i did learn that both that John Poole (sp?) reviewer guy and the cigar obsession guy both love Cameroon wrappers. Also oliva serie g and this black pearl were both rated 92 by cigar afficianado. So i think I'm convinced, Cameroon is a love it or hate it cigar. That h upmann one though I like a lot but don't love.

So briefly on this cigar (forgetting about the cameroon aspect) it is smooth (not bitter and not harsh) and has a lot more aroma than the oliva ones. Burn, construction, and draw are excellent. Very nice slow burn no touch ups or relights (same with the hc series posted above I forgot to mention that). This one has a unique and strong aroma. Gonna try to power through this one the aroma is really nice. Hell who knows, if I try enough Cameroon's maybe I'll start to like them (not likely ha ha!). These can be found found for $2 or less (I think) on cigar bid. Cheers! F07FA4DC-D27C-4C65-8B65-C601B9CF4DF7.jpeg

Last Edited:
With the stay at home due to virus stuff, is anyone else thinking of making a nice backyard smoking spot? Maybe combine that with a suppressor only, subsonic .22 shooting range (short range)? That would be cool. Maybe a smoking room like this one (from Jim Carrey 60 minutes episode, he used as meditation shelter, I like the design). carrey meditation shelter.JPG
carrey meditation shelter2.JPG

Last Edited:
With the stay at home due to virus stuff, is anyone else thinking of making a nice backyard smoking spot? Maybe combine that with a suppressor only, subsonic .22 shooting range (short range)? That would be cool.

I'm bundled up on the back deck. At least it's covered and enclosed on one of the three sides. Thought about bringing out a heater a few times this winter but just stuck with smaller cigars. I think it's past 30 degree days so I probably won't do much till the late summer or fall if even then.

Plans are already in place to rebuild the deck in a couple years so I may make sliding panels so I can open it up when it's nice or mostly close it in when it's cold.

Till then when it's really cold I'll most likely deal with it or make the effort to set up my one of my propane heaters.

Stuck in the suburbs so no shooting here for me:oops:.

Tried a rocky Patel 2003 Cameroon fumas today. Arrived a day early and given my recent discoveries concerning Cameroon's I wanted to try one right off the truck to get it over with ha ha. I will have to update in future after proper humidification time.

Rocky Patel 2003 Cameroon fumas

Score 7/10 much milder than other Cameroons I've had. Very obvious flowery taste and aroma which I've never run into before. Smooth

Body: 1 (10 = fullest body)

Strength: 1 (10 = highest nicotine)

Bitterness: 1 (10 = most bitter)

Pepper: 0 (10 = most pepper)

Flavors: 2-3 Dry sourness. Flowery, 2nd third starting to change, a little more woody notes now (10 = best possible in quantity and quality).

Aroma: 3 very distinct flowery aroma, like dried flowers or if u r standing outside near a clothes dryer vent, damn near mild lilac smell (10 = highest amount and best possible)

Tongue bite/harshness: 5 smooth not harsh, but has lingering "mouth bite" stinging and sour dryness typical to other Cameroon's I've tried (10 = lots of tongue bite and/or harshness)

Smoke: normal to med-high

Firm: average/normal

Draw: good

Presence: 6, slightly sour lingering "Cameroon effect" but nowhere near as bad as oliva and black pearl which literally hung around for an hour or more after done with cigar for me and we're very sour/dry. Becoming better in 2nd third now but still there (10 = most mouth presence, beyond 5 becomes detrimental for me)

Burn: ok, had canoeing but not horrible, no re-lights, a bit fast burning

3E4205DC-57B5-4340-A83D-0BF8DC49CCE1.jpeg

I'm bundled up on the back deck. At least it's covered and enclosed on one of the three sides. Thought about bringing out a heater a few times this winter but just stuck with smaller cigars. I think it's past 30 degree days so I probably won't do much till the late summer or fall if even then.

Plans are already in place to rebuild the deck in a couple years so I may make sliding panels so I can open it up when it's nice or mostly close it in when it's cold.

Till then when it's really cold I'll most likely deal with it or make the effort to set up my one of my propane heaters.

Stuck in the suburbs so no shooting here for me:oops:.
I've been using an "outdoor room" which is not fancy mostly out of the way in corner of yard. Also I have an older bmw 7 series that is sort of my designated spot when cold. Put little ceramic heater in it. Some of these cars have multi level reclining rear seats, tray tables like on airplanes, and extra long wheel base for 7" extra rear legroom. Mine isn't that fancy though but is still nice luxo-barge/place to be when too cold to be outside. Fortunately these older beamers have darn near zero blue book value now so works good for that ha ha.

I've been using an "outdoor room" which is not fancy mostly out of the way in corner of yard. Also I have an older bmw 7 series that is sort of my designated spot when cold. Put little ceramic heater in it. Some of these cars have multi level reclining rear seats, tray tables like on airplanes, and extra long wheel base for 7" extra rear legroom. Mine isn't that fancy though but is still nice luxo-barge/place to be when too cold to be outside. Fortunately these older beamers have darn near zero blue book value now so works good for that ha ha.

I have found myself in the car out front a few times lol.;)

If I only crack one window as turn the deforest on high it blows 99% of the smoke out the window.

just an old Hyundai but excellent in the mechanical area, the interior went thru my kid growing up and with 230k on it I plan to keep doing little fixes to it till it expires. I'm not planning to get anything other then a couple hundred when it's time.

Hoping it lasts a few more years so I can either buy a truck or take my wife's explorer and get her something newer (it's still in great shape) and make it my hunting rig.

I have considered building a small room in the basement with an exterior exhaust fan for the winter but other then that smoking inside is a no go for me.

3/4 of the year it's actually nice enough outside and I enjoy being outdoors for a bit.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top