JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Tell me you're carrying, without telling me you're carrying

I once dropped a live 9mm cartridge into the beer of an obviously printing, showing loudmouth sitting next to me when he wasn't looking. When he saw it, I whispered, "You're not the only one".

He left.

So, I guess I told him I was carrying without telling him I was carrying.
My curiosity has once again gotten the better of me...
  • Since you speak of drinking and sitting next to a loudmouth, I'm assuming that you were both in a bar or other drinking establishment... Isn't being armed in an establishment that serves alcoholic beverages considered a no-no in your state (I assume it's WA, given the Kent location - granted, you could have been living elsewhere at the time of this incident)?
  • How did you retrieve a 9mm round from your handgun's magazine without attracting undue attention to yourself (again, I'm assuming you were in a bar)?
  • Or do you routinely carry a live 9mm round in your pocket for just these sorts of occasions?
o_O

• How did you retrieve a 9mm from your handgun's magazine (I'm assuming you were in a bar) without attracting attention to yourself?
  • Or do you routinely carry a live 9mm round in your pocket for just these sorts of occasions?
o_O
Maybe a spare mag in the pocket? That's how I'll do it next time I get the chance. Haha

• How did you retrieve a 9mm from your handgun's magazine (I'm assuming you were in a bar) without attracting attention to yourself?
Strippers
o_O
Being in Washington, were you carrying in a location that is off limits to concealed carry?

Why in the beer? What did the beer do to you?

Being in Washington, were you carrying in a location that is off limits to concealed carry?
I already asked that question, during the edit while you were formulating your post... :s0121:

You were editing, I was formulating. You missed it, I snagged it. Tough.

Besides, I was busy masticating.
As was I. Late lunch today... And editing and formulating are two distinctly different things.
Flag on the play... Loss of yardage, repeat down!

NFL16.jpg

Last Edited:
The real question is why was he carrying a gun and consuming alcohol……

That's just stupid. One of the perks of being sober - I can carry anywhere at any time. Haha.

• Since you speak of drinking and sitting next to a loudmouth, I'm assuming that you were both in a bar or other drinking establishment... Isn't being armed in an establishment that serves alcoholic beverages considered a no-no in your state (I assume it's WA, given the Kent location - granted, you could have been living elsewhere at the time of this incident)?
  • How did you retrieve a 9mm round from your handgun's magazine without attracting undue attention to yourself (again, I'm assuming you were in a bar)?
o_O
Bar, yes. Me carrying concealed in a bar, no.
Spare magazine on person. It was easy to retrieve a round.
I knew the owners well and If I hadn't noticed and the ownership had it wouldn't have gone well. I did both a favor. And yes, I did tell the owner after the fact. Since they had his CC info it became 86'd forever and no confrontation.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews