JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In 1986, DW and I went on vacation in El Salvador during the civil war (cheap tickets). Anyway, we were at a reastaurant and saw a fellow American. He briefly glanced at me then went about his business. Probably from the US consulate and wore a bulgy shirt in the right kidney area. Americans did not speak to one another in those days, due to suspicion that you might be on the wrong side. The high point? Getting stopped by Salvadoran soldiers armed with G3s and checked for I.D. They asked where my gun was. Since I am still here, I guess I didn't have one.

In 1986, DW and I went on vacation in El Salvador during the civil war (cheap tickets). Anyway, we were at a reastaurant and saw a fellow American. He briefly glanced at me then went about his business. Probably from the US consulate and wore a bulgy shirt in the right kidney area. Americans did not speak to one another in those days, due to suspicion that you might be on the wrong side. The high point? Getting stopped by Salvadoran soldiers armed with G3s and checked for I.D. They asked where my gun was. Since I am still here, I guess I didn't have one.
Never mind the actual country involved. But, does this scene somehow replay in your mind?

No firearm necessary.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....Yeah, I could also imagine.......that "some people" might just do it. Because maybe, just on principle.....they don't like journalists (or Lawyers, or Politicians, or Govt Officials, etc..... etc.....). And for the record, I'm NOT condoning MURDER.

Last Edited:
Never mind the actual country involved. But, does this scene somehow replay in your mind?

No firearm necessary.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....Yeah, I could also imagine.......that "some people" might just do it. Because maybe, just on principle.....they don't like journalists (or Lawyers, or Politicians, or Govt Officials, etc..... etc.....). And for the record, I'm NOT condoning MURDER.
Well, it may have crossed our minds once or three hundred times. Little did we know that the dead rebel leader would go on to be the 46th president of the US.

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 10.29.52 PM.png

At a family get-together, the young husband of our niece is big hugger. I'm not. As I was trying to quietly leave he grabbed me for a hug. I tried to go low, but he was too fast and placed his arm directly onto my S&W 1911.

As we parted he had a quizzical look on his face.

I said nothing. Didn't really care. It was amusing.

View attachment 1287272
So you can look at it while shooting your pistol, or keep the bad guys from seeing a light reflection from the face, etc. Mostly because high speed low drag doods wear it that way and other HSLD doods wanna look cool, too.

I'll agree that it's a more convenient and natural location for the face and probably better, however it just kinda makes people look like a douche because of the supposed cool factor
[/QUOTE]

All halfway reasonable explanations aside, The "real" reason is to be able to photograph a fancy watch while holding a handgun or other tactical item and post it on instagram.

At a family get-together, the young husband of our niece is big hugger. I'm not. As I was trying to quietly leave he grabbed me for a hug. I tried to go low, but he was too fast and placed his arm directly onto my S&W 1911.

As we parted he had a quizzical look on his face.

I said nothing. Didn't really care. It was amusing.
I don't remember where I was, or whose kid it was, but they were running around and slammed their head into the butt of my gun. Poor kid pistol whipped itself.

Went for my CDL physical quite a few years back. Little did I know they don't make you strip and grab your balls anymore. I was waiting for her (medical examiner) to tell me to change into a gown, then she didn't. I asked her what was up and she said "we don't do that anymore, have a seat so I can check your breathing". A bit of panic set in. She proceeded to run her stethoscope up and down my back until she came face to face with my pistol......The second she put her hand on it there was a bit of pause. Then the exam was over....I passed no questions asked

Went for my CDL physical quite a few years back. Little did I know they don't make you strip and grab your balls anymore. I was waiting for her (medical examiner) to tell me to change into a gown, then she didn't. I asked her what was up and she said "we don't do that anymore, have a seat so I can check your breathing". A bit of panic set in. She proceeded to run her stethoscope up and down my back until she came face to face with my pistol......The second she put her hand on it there was a bit of pause. Then the exam was over....I passed no questions asked
I was at the doctor's office for a bee sting. They decided to give me a cortisone shot in the keister. She said I only needed to expose the cheek. Man was it tough not dropping my Glock 17.

Hahaha. Same here I always carry behind. It's far more comfortable to carry apendix but In the extremely unlikely event the weapon somehow fired I'd rather have a disfigured butt than a disfigured pecker.
I don't understand how it's more comfortable with a gun in your crotch while sitting then it is on my hip. But what do I know, I'm not pointing a gun at my pecker.

"That's a pistol in your pocket and that's poop in my pants".

Lool

If you've ever been in a crowded area and have had your pistol and a strangers pistol make contact….

Nice clank sound.

Look at eachother, nod, and be on your way. Haha

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews