JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
taurus has a life time warrenty on their crap
send it in if they can't fix it they will send you a new one

that's what my son thought until he tried to send in his PT911 about 10 years ago.

Bought new, rusted completely up in a few weeks in his closet (the spiffy stainless finish model) it went downhill from there. Now T***** is in the short list of stuff we'll never buy again.

I have voiced the problems with Taurus here before that we had when they first came to the US. We ordered something like a dozen of there M36 clones (at a gunshop I worked at) and every one of them came back after very little use, cylinders jammed, timing so far off that it would damage the crane while shaving 1/3 of the bullet off. They were as bad as the worst Rohm revolvers ever made. My buddy bought a new pocket Kimber last year.......he could never get it to feed with any ammo and it was very inaccurate. He sent it to the factory 3 times to no avail and finnaly the third time they admitted they couldn't fix it......they refused to give him a refund but offered him a replacement. He refused so finally agreed to accept a different model that he could sell. I am a traditionalist, when Kimber first came out (with there 1911's) , I could see no advantage over a factory Colt and time has proven my opinion.

The frame cracked on my TCP after one outing to test fire it and less than 100 rounds fired. Will not be buying a Taurus in the future.
It is simply poor quality control. Your frame was over hardened and brittle, some might give good service but you will never know what you are getting so anyone is better off to spend a few more dollars and buy a better quality gun like a Smith or better known brand.

Been 4 months after sending in 2 guns on the recall,called numerous times with no luck,gave up after 45 minutes on hold,finally got someone to answer the chat line and they told me too bad so sad but there is no time frame on the recall guns.Ask me if I would ever buy anything with Taurus on it again!

My TCP blew up in my hand at the range. I called Taurus and they never called me back. I emailed them, but they never responded. I Facebook'd them and they blocked my account.

I have a Taurus revolver and a Rossi lever gun that I enjoy, but I'll never buy another new product from them again after that. I'll go second hand so that I know they don't profit from it and I'll talk crap about their handguns till I die.

I finally got through to them on the chat line yesterday.After 20 minutes of going back and forth they said they were going to replace both my guns instead of repair them,which according to the recall they were supposed to do anyway.She told me what they would send me which was what they were offering for the replacements only.One of my guns was the duo tone model and I asked her if I could get one like that for one of the replacements and she said no they would only replace it with what they were offering.I said just send me the damn guns and get this over.At the end she said she would put me in line to send the replacements out but there was no time frame on this!So I am still waiting but a little progress has been made.At least the replacements have some good reviews online for them.

I own several Taurus handguns and haven't had any issues with any of them.

1) Model 44 with 4" ported barrel
1) TCP
2) PT-809
2) PT_111 G2
1) 357 Tracker with 4" barrel
1) 85
Maybe I'm just lucky...

I hear that they make "good ones" and "bad ones" but the revolver I got is a Model 66 (stainless 6" .357, a 'seven shooter') and it's been a great gun. Trigger is very acceptable for out of the box, timing seems good, shoots as good as I do. Nice gun, fun to shoot. With .38 special in it, I've introduced noobs to shooting 'full size' guns with this several times. Never had a complaint, never a problem. Was I lucky..?? Maybe, but the sample I have is a very good gun and I'd buy another, based on what this one is like. JMHO, YMMV, etc.....

The revolvers were not the problem but a lot of the PT series got the recall,kinda sucks that I sent back a 45 and can only get a 9 instead.

I hear that they make "good ones" and "bad ones" but the revolver I got is a Model 66 (stainless 6" .357, a 'seven shooter') and it's been a great gun. Trigger is very acceptable for out of the box, timing seems good, shoots as good as I do. Nice gun, fun to shoot. With .38 special in it, I've introduced noobs to shooting 'full size' guns with this several times. Never had a complaint, never a problem. Was I lucky..?? Maybe, but the sample I have is a very good gun and I'd buy another, based on what this one is like. JMHO, YMMV, etc.....
Easier to get a working revolver... Now a working revolver that is a thing of beauty is not as easy as a semiauto like a 1911.

Got them on the chat line again with the same results,will replace both guns but they are in line with everyone else in the order they came in,saying they are about 5 months behind,I said its been 7 months already,no reply on that one.At this point in time I would buy a High Point over any Taurus.

I love this thread! Request to redirect some of your anger/frustration to a good cause in helping me filter out brands from my site that don't provide value. Having read these three pages I am axing Taurus based on the poor customer service alone. Looking to toss as many out as needed to ensure I have a low chance of selling regrets.

What brand comes to mind when you think of a firearm with quality issues?

Jeremy

I had an early 90's 85 in 38 spcl that shaved lead because the cylinder was out of alignment and loose.
Traded that POS for a Ruger Mk 1 target pistol.

I've been running a 2" Taurus 85 since about '88, great S&W clone, accurate as the day is long, great trigger, wouldn't hesitate to carry it as my EDC, it's that reliable.

I did have a S&W K-22 that spit lead between the cylinder and forcing cone, finally sold it after several trips back to Springfield and continued spitting lead. Replaced it with a Ruger 22/45, no lead spitting there...

Update: got the TCP back from Miami or wherever it goes for fixing, hit the range for a box of PPU, took it down for cleaning and the metal ridge that retains the guide rod against the frame broke away, locking it up completely. I'm finished with this piece of bubblegum and frankly I want my money back. 1,050 rounds of standard-pressure ammo is just getting most guns broken in. This one's just broke. I'm not even bothering with the second trip to the Taurus dimension. I should have listened to the wisdom espoused by those here every day; I'll add my little bit: Taurus is trash.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top