JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Update: got the TCP back from Miami or wherever it goes for fixing, hit the range for a box of PPU, took it down for cleaning and the metal ridge that retains the guide rod against the frame broke away, locking it up completely. I'm finished with this piece of bubblegum and frankly I want my money back. 1,050 rounds of standard-pressure ammo is just getting most guns broken in. This one's just broke. I'm not even bothering with the second trip to the Taurus dimension. I should have listened to the wisdom espoused by those here every day; I'll add my little bit: Taurus is trash.

This has been going for a year and a half, WTF? Their lifetime warranty must mean you spend a lifetime dealing with it. Screw Taurus, there's a reason I don't buy them.

So in my youth I picked up a TCP for a fair price at the time, had fun with it, learned to shoot a mouse gun pretty well, as it was more accurate than I was and is still pretty dang accurate. Part of the trigger transfer bushing broke so I ordered a new part and replaced it. Now the hammer spring is tired after a couple thousand rounds. I just spent 30 minutes on hold and still no one picks up. The sear has always been a bit weird on it; sometimes it'll let go only after pulling the trigger all the was to the frame and wiggling it, but I'll put that down to the weak hammer spring. Still can't get anyone on the phone to order a new one.
Anybody want a TCP for cheap? I'm done with ****** service and a wonky but fun little gun. I'll saw it in pieces and send it to their HQ.
TL; DR Gave Taurus the benefit of the doubt, should have listened to the wise NWFA folks.
I dunno. Buy a Kimber. They will answer the phone but their actual service isn't any better. At least you didn't spend over a grand to get shafted.

Agree with OP. Never another Taurus for me unless excellent inspection and low disposible price.

I've had a lot of Taurus experience, and mostly negative.

I was furious over the recent recall, and would have lost a lot of value but legaled my way into 1911s as replacements. It took a lot of work, and constant followups with Taurus. But I managed to turn some junk Taurus into good trade fodder.

I traded those off brand new for favorable trades. Was ticked but ultimately pleased.

Most people got screwed on recalls, and their warranty is a fraud.

Other issues are rapid product discontinuation, lack of parts, slow repairs, and devious warranty fine print.

And atrocious customer service.

Last Edited:
I got a Rossi lever action that had a oversized chamber and slightly over bore barrel. I got a shipping label emailed to me in about 10 minutes on the phone, and a call saying they're shipping me a new rifle the day after they received it. Who knows if the new rifle will be in spec, but the service was top notch.

As the part that just let go is all that was restraining the barrel, recoil spring and the slide, I could have been badly injured lighting off a round. I'm really really glad I decided to clean it rather than just hit the range again. Inexpensive I can understand but this is downright hazardous. I'm not sending it in for repair-- I'd never trust it again even as a range toy. Shame as it was stupid accurate with cheap ammo.

I bought a Taurus revolver years ago, 357 mag if memory serves. I noticed right away the cylinder spun freely in either direction when closed which I thought was a bit odd ;). I called Taurus, the rep said "please don't shoot it, we'll send FedEx to pick it up". This was a 9:00'ish call on a Friday. I went to lunch, the FedEx truck was at the curb when I returned home. The pistol was returned to me the following Tuesday in perfect working condition.

I guess getting it right the second time around is close to getting it right the first time around.

I had the exact same experience with Charter Arms; excellent customer service covering for less than ideal quality control.

I expect more when I'm buying a gun for any number of reasons, I don't want to be the field test guy.

TCP's are not meant to be range guns, most likely designed for light use, as one would expect with a mouse gun. So there is that. I have a TCP that I've shot a bit, but it's pretty low mileage, because it's a gun of last resort.

I've owned several Taurus revolvers, two returned for warranty work, one I broke the cylinder stop while adjusting/polishing, replaced at no cost. Another revolver I incorrectly stored in a polishing cloth, not a silicone cloth, resulting in a highly rusted gun, replaced with a brand new unit at no cost. So. Y experience has been different. Never had any performance issues with Taurus revolvers, still have a few in the collection. Wouldn't hesitate to depend on them to protect myself or my loved ones...

As for semi-autos, I'd be shopping elsewhere, just because there's been so many documented issues over the years... I think there are better alternatives as a slightly higher price point.

Just one ole farts opinion and worth every penny paid for it...

Ford makes great rucks and many great cars but ....

dam it this pinto just is trash has so many things wrong with it

ford sucks and I am done with them,.,,,, see what I did there.......... name a gun manufacture that has not come out with a lemon or two.,,,,,
but yes lets call the whole of the company trash because of one line......
pt 92 thousands of rounds not one issue
two PT1911's thousands of rounds not one issue

Interesting enough, I was at one of the LGS recently, and the employees were talking about how the newer Taurus products were, across the board, what they would call a good deal for the money. The th9, specifically, was mentioned as surprisingly good quality. The revolvers were mentioned as being better than previous models as well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top