JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So in my youth I picked up a TCP for a fair price at the time, had fun with it, learned to shoot a mouse gun pretty well, as it was more accurate than I was and is still pretty dang accurate. Part of the trigger transfer bushing broke so I ordered a new part and replaced it. Now the hammer spring is tired after a couple thousand rounds. I just spent 30 minutes on hold and still no one picks up. The sear has always been a bit weird on it; sometimes it'll let go only after pulling the trigger all the was to the frame and wiggling it, but I'll put that down to the weak hammer spring. Still can't get anyone on the phone to order a new one.
Anybody want a TCP for cheap? I'm done with ****** service and a wonky but fun little gun. I'll saw it in pieces and send it to their HQ.
TL; DR Gave Taurus the benefit of the doubt, should have listened to the wise NWFA folks.

I have no dog in this fight, but I will state that the TCP or pistols like them, think Ruger LCP, were not exactly designed to be shot as range guns with thousands of rounds through them.

I had a Taurus once, ...........I don't have a Taurus any more.
I put this along the same lines as another topic at NWFA over tools.
Taurus may serve a point somewhere, but unless its a revolver Taurus in my opinion
is the low end right about Jennings when it come to semi-autos.

Their revolvers feel nice, never owned or shot one. The .38 my Gpa has had for 20 years seems to work just fine, but mostly sits around collecting pocket lint.

I wouldn't buy one of their semiauto pistols tho.

The revolvers are usually fine.

That has been my, albeit limited, experience. I see a lot of unhappy campers with Taurus' online, though I have noticed most are owners of their automatics. However, the Taurus 605 and Rossi 972 (snubbie and full-sized, respectively) wheelguns I have owned and shot for years have been great. I have no plans to right now, but I wouldn't hesitate buying another revolver from Taurus/Rossi.

Its a light weight pocket pistol. Smaller parts, smaller tolerances.. Id say a couple thousand rounds is quite decent for $179

The larger the firearm the more expectation Id have. But a pocket pistol isnt meant for sustained range use. Id assume even a TCP2 would fail with high volume fire.

While I just purchased my TCP, Ive got about 5 other Taurus pistols that have seen some serious use and have yet to break. (2-1911s, 2 revolvers and a 709) I guess Im lucky.

We have a Taurus 24/7 first gen. Hubby likes it. We also had a TCP 738. Sold it 3 or 4 months after I got it. Hated it, but I got what I paid for it and sold it before 594 so no extra fees.

Did anyone read the article about a year ago that pitted the Taurus G2 against 3 other pocket type guns (not the Gunworld article), one was a Ruger and I believe one was a Walther? I don't remember a whole lot about it other than the G2 won pretty handily going w/out failure for the most rounds.

I've shot a couple Taurus's but I've always been willing to put up a little more cash to get the real thing. Some people have great luck w/them but I'm one of those guys that always seems to get a lemon. I've heard too many unkind stories about them to believe I would get a good one, so I never tried :)

TCP's should be carried much and shot little...

Over 25 years of Taurus revolver ownership and shooting, no complaints...
Any gun carried should be shot at all possible opportunities. I'm not carrying anything that can't hit the black circle at 10 yards with all 7 rounds. That means practice. Glad to hear you've gotten lucky, but I'm out. I'm on almost 50 minutes on hold currently and counting.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews