JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The head of the guide rod on my TCP broke. And rather than send it in for a simple part, I bought a solid stainless steel one from Galloway Precision. They also make hammer springs for them.

Here is the link:

TCP Performance Parts :: Taurus® Performance :: Galloway Precision

Since you have shot thousands of rounds through yours, why not just buy a new spring from Galloway and upgrade your gun for less than shipping to Taurus?? You will get a higher quality part than what Taurus would give/sell you.

Just my thoughts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

I've only owned one Taurus and 40 Years of owning guns, it was a PT 940 and I I have never had a problem with that gun. I concealed carried it for a long time and a friend of mine was looking for a gun to conceal carry so I sold it to him. During the seven years that he's on it he's never had a problem with it.
I know that there are models out there that are a total POS in every manufacturer's arsenal.:D

The head of the guide rod on my TCP broke. And rather than send it in for a simple part, I bought a solid stainless steel one from Galloway Precision. They also make hammer springs for them.

Here is the link:

TCP Performance Parts :: Taurus® Performance :: Galloway Precision

Since you have shot thousands of rounds through yours, why not just buy a new spring from Galloway and upgrade your gun for less than shipping to Taurus?? You will get a higher quality part than what Taurus would give/sell you.

Just my thoughts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

Those are great suggestions; I already have the upgraded guide rod and recoil spring set (diameter of both are just different enough you have to use/buy both as a set ). I have a problem with the sear failing to pull off the disconnect, so the reduced power Galloway hammer spring wasn't what I needed. It really is a fun little blaster and I'd feel bad selling it so I'm stuck fixing it.

I've only owned one Taurus and 40 Years of owning guns, it was a PT 940 and I I have never had a problem with that gun. I concealed carried it for a long time and a friend of mine was looking for a gun to conceal carry so I sold it to him. During the seven years that he's on it he's never had a problem with it.
I know that there are models out there that are a total POS in every manufacturer's arsenal.:D

I'm not sure I'd call it a pos per se as it does have a couple thousand rounds down the pipe and is accurate enough for my satisfaction, as I'm a bit of a stickler for that. Just not very durable in hindsight.

So in my youth I picked up a TCP for a fair price at the time, had fun with it, learned to shoot a mouse gun pretty well, as it was more accurate than I was and is still pretty dang accurate. Part of the trigger transfer bushing broke so I ordered a new part and replaced it. Now the hammer spring is tired after a couple thousand rounds. I just spent 30 minutes on hold and still no one picks up. The sear has always been a bit weird on it; sometimes it'll let go only after pulling the trigger all the was to the frame and wiggling it, but I'll put that down to the weak hammer spring. Still can't get anyone on the phone to order a new one.
Anybody want a TCP for cheap? I'm done with ****** service and a wonky but fun little gun. I'll saw it in pieces and send it to their HQ.
TL; DR Gave Taurus the benefit of the doubt, should have listened to the wise NWFA folks.
I have a Taurus 92 that was produced within the first year after Taurus took the factory over. You can drag it behind your pick-up to the range, stick it in a bucket of water for an hour, load up the magazine so each round is from a different vendor or hand loader and cut loose. It has never failed. It's the only Taurus I own, but, I would buy another based on this.

As I see it....

Taurus Firearms and so will any other firearm maufacturer, will have it's ups and downs. Failures and successes. Remember that saying?

"S@#^ happens."

As for warranty work. Well, if I'm paying for shipping, it's a problem. If they are paying....why not.

Then, as with most written warranties..... OK, I shoot reloads. That's me.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I have a Taurus 92 that was produced within the first year after Taurus took the factory over. You can drag it behind your pick-up to the range, stick it in a bucket of water for an hour, load up the magazine so each round is from a different vendor or hand loader and cut loose. It has never failed. It's the only Taurus I own, but, I would buy another based on this.
I've heard really good things about the 92 clones. On the other foot I had a model 85 snubbie that had a crooked cylinder. Gap would change as the cylinder turned. Sold it for a 642 (online through Cabela's) with a huge gap (.012), so they all have a junker or 2 in their lineup sometimes.

As I see it....

Taurus Firearms and so will any other firearm maufacturer, will have it's ups and downs. Failures and successes. Remember that saying?

"S@#^ happens."

As for warranty work. Well, if I'm paying for shipping, it's a problem. If they are paying....why not.

Then, as with most written warranties..... OK, I shoot reloads. That's me.

Aloha, Mark
Why not is I'd rather be shooting it than waiting for it in transit, finding a box, mailing it, waiting some more. And while I do reload for other calibers it's all been factory ammo through it, no +P. Just parts wearing out faster than I feel is acceptable is all really. That and a 53-minute wait for someone on Mars to pick up the phone.

LOL...YES, I hear you asbtg.:)

But, my post wasn't about the OP's experience. It's more like......a comment/post about how a warranty is sort of useless for me.

BTW, I own a Taurus Slim 709. IMHO, it's been a good gun. And of course, I shoot reloads out of it.

As with most everything......"your mileage will vary."

Aloha, Mark

This has been my experience as well on the PT92. I have a PT1911 and while I can see a few rough edges in a couple spots in the checkering, it too has been flawless.

I did have to send in a millennium.45 for a faulty mag release. They paid shipping both ways and I had it back in less than a month. I thought that was ok.

Hope your experience improves once someone picks up the phone.

I have had to send 3 different Taurus revolvers back to the factory for serious flaws. Yes, they fixed them for free with the lifetime warranty but there comes a point where it just isnt worth the time and aggravation any longer and that is why I dont own Taurus guns any more.

My Dad's .38 snub nose shoots low and to the left regardless of who shoots it. If you were aiming at center mass, you might hit the right thigh. Needless to say, he doesn't carry it as he intended to do so.

I would never buy one.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads