JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When all my buddies were getting their tribal tats just out of high school I convinced myself to wait, specifically until I was 30+, and I can't tell you how happy I am I did. Like everyone else, I'm a completely different person now at 34. I still consider getting sleeves at times, and I still might, but if I do they'll be comprised of things, ideas, and concepts that matter most to me in this world.

A very good friend of mine and has done all my work. He is very talented and has a way of drawing exactly what I tell him I want.

Even if I didn't know him personally I would still recommend him - although everyone these days knows someone it seems like...

IMG_0074.JPG IMG_0073.JPG

WAYNO said:
Nothing against tattoos. I'm surrounded by folks with acres of them.

And someday, when I decide what is perfect and appropriate, I'll have one or more too.

I do have a little "issue", however. My wife worked as a teacher for many years. The majority of the kids in all the schools she worked had free lunches, as the parents were below poverty level. Seems all too often, these same parents were sporting new tattoos. They can't afford to feed their kids, but they can afford tattoos.

Even my own daughter and her husband that can't find a meaningful job. They don't know how they're gonna pay the next rent bill, but they continually have new tattoos.

This is so commonplace, it seems to be acceptable in the tattoo culture.

WAYNO.

its not the tattoo culture...... its todays cupcakes IN GENERAL they dont want to be responsible for the money they borrowed either, when they turn 16 they want to know where there BMW is?...they live at home with mommy & daddy into their late 20's now

tattoos for some, and if the circus would be in town the non tattoo crowd will blow their cash entertaining themselves at the circus instead of paying the rent...same, same
I am an artist, tattooist, retired ;)

WAYNO said:
Nothing against tattoos. I'm surrounded by folks with acres of them.

And someday, when I decide what is perfect and appropriate, I'll have one or more too.

I do have a little "issue", however. My wife worked as a teacher for many years. The majority of the kids in all the schools she worked had free lunches, as the parents were below poverty level. Seems all too often, these same parents were sporting new tattoos. They can't afford to feed their kids, but they can afford tattoos.

Even my own daughter and her husband that can't find a meaningful job. They don't know how they're gonna pay the next rent bill, but they continually have new tattoos.

This is so commonplace, it seems to be acceptable in the tattoo culture.

WAYNO.

its not the tattoo culture...... its todays cupcakes IN GENERAL they dont want to be responsible for the money they borrowed either, when they turn 16 they want to know where there BMW is?...they live at home with mommy & daddy into their late 20's now

tattoos for some, and if the circus would be in town the non tattoo crowd will blow their cash entertaining themselves at the circus instead of paying the rent...same, same
I am an artist, tattooist, retired ;)

There is good and bad in every generation - we just tend to notice the worst ones.

Today's work ethic and responiblness does seem to be on the decline though.

Here is a photo of my tat! Eighth grade, India Ink, a needle w/ thread wrapped up to the point!

IMG_0618.JPG

I leave it there to remind me of what a moron I was in the eighth grade!:D
I always wanted to get a 2nd Infantry Division, Indian Head. But, in country, Korea, I didn't trust the sanitation, when I returned to the states I couldn't afford one! And, now I'm old! No one wants to see my hide, no matter how decorated! :(

IMG_0621.JPG

This one!

Last Edited:
I used to work at Starbucks and every morning this old, grizzled vet would come in and order coffee. In the summer, when he was in shirt sleeves, I could see his forearms were covered in military tattoos. I always thought that the combination of wrinkly old man skin and fading, old fashioned sailor jerry type tattoos looked pretty bad@ss. It's never too late, @Sgt Nambu!

I used to work at Starbucks and every morning this old, grizzled vet would come in and order coffee. In the summer, when he was in shirt sleeves, I could see his forearms were covered in military tattoos. I always thought that the combination of wrinkly old man skin and fading, old fashioned sailor jerry type tattoos looked pretty bad@ss. It's never too late, @Sgt Nambu!

Yeah? Was he fat?

Hahaha ^^love that one.

Way I see it...wait for it..."tattoos don't do stupid. People with tattoos [have the opportunity, means, occasional motive, and mental acuity from time to time to] do stupid, just like everyone else."

I have tattoos. Some mean stuff. Some don't. They'll be on my skin forever, unless i get them removed. Ok. Been a good while already and they're still there and they're not causing me too much grief. Now, sometimes silly folks with silly ideas about my apparent lack of intelligence - ideas based in their own assumptions and lack of personal information - sometimes that causes me some grief. ;-) but the tattoos? Naw...never had one jump off my arm and give me dirty looks.
...though...if it did, i would quite possibly have a heart attack, and not care much after that...

Moving on... ;-)
I wear long sleeves. Sometimes. I wear short sleeves. Sometimes. Heck, I even enjoy a good three piece suit and tie, if and when I feel the urge. And i do my best to behave like a gentleman, with politeness, respect and courtesy. If i fail in this, amd i'm a jacknut - it's not the fault of my tattoos, i'll tell ya that much.

Your tougher then I am friend.

No joke, I made the doctors take blood from me with those finger poker metal thingies until I was 16, 6' and 160lbs. They had to prick 4-5 fingers to get enough for a blood sample.

To this day I avoid making eye contact with any needles about to go into me like a red headed step child in an abusive family...

I had a lab tech tell me it is very common for people to be ok with tattooing but not ok with needle insertion, she had some fancy names but basically said it was two different fears.
Yes I know this is an old post. But same, I HATE needles. I passed out once after a shot. My muscles are so dense (not trying to brag) that the needle hurts even when I am relaxed.

When I first started my career I worked at the Merchant Marine hospital in the area.
We of course got a lot of merchant marines as patients. Must have just been a coincidence......;)
Along with those folks came a lot of tattoos. A LOT of tattoos. Some full bodied.
On the older patients we used to make a game out of guessing what they were suppose to have been
when they were first done. We had some interesting examples to work with.
Either way it was enough to convince me to never have one.
"Hey, how do you like my eagle tattoo?"
"Well, it looks like a turkey to me. A very old turkey."
"A very tall skinny wrinkled turkey."

Hahahaha. And the fact that they provided you with such an amusement - I would be happy to provide youngsters who come after me with the same amusement ;-)

If a fella thinks wrinkled skin is ugly, wrinkled skin with added pigment may also be ugly, or not. If a fella thinks pigmented skin is ugly, wrinkled skin may be also, or not. It's all in the perspective of those observing. Heck, I don't even see my own tattoos how most people do. *deep thoughts*...maybe I get funny looks on occasion because my tattoos really look better upside down so I'm the only one who appreciates them!

Yes I know this is an old post. But same, I HATE needles. I passed out once after a shot. My muscles are so dense (not trying to brag) that the needle hurts even when I am relaxed.

THIS, though...yeah. have to say, I hate needles that go in with the express purpose of taking things out of my body or putting things in. Gives me the heebie-jeebies.

When I first started my career I worked at the Merchant Marine hospital in the area.
We of course got a lot of merchant marines as patients. Must have just been a coincidence......;)
Along with those folks came a lot of tattoos. A LOT of tattoos. Some full bodied.
On the older patients we used to make a game out of guessing what they were suppose to have been
when they were first done. We had some interesting examples to work with.
Either way it was enough to convince me to never have one.
"Hey, how do you like my eagle tattoo?"
"Well, it looks like a turkey to me. A very old turkey."
"A very tall skinny wrinkled turkey."

I can see that lol:D.

Tattoos are sort of like riding a motorcycle in traffic - you can't really, truly understand what it's like till you've done it;).

I'm with my wife for life, been with her 23 years and married 21 of those so she is the only one I'm in the game to impress.

My tats all have meaning to me personally and a couple that include her so 40 years from now we will both know what they are, regardless of how they turn out looking.:rolleyes:

They turned from something on me to being just what I look like now so I rarely notice them and sometimes stop and take a look at them and remember the process of getting it and enjoying the artistry that went into it.

Besides, when I'm old I'll care even less of what people think of me:p.

I'm sure it'll be something like the way I feel about gauged ears:D.

Anyone ever had a tattoo removed or covered up?
Not to hijack the thread but Im on the fence between removal or a cover up.
Been on the fence for some time but am pulling the trigger this summer.

Anyone ever had a tattoo removed or covered up?
Not to hijack the thread but Im on the fence between removal or a cover up.
Been on the fence for some time but am pulling the trigger this summer.

I'd cover it over removing it. I hear it's way painful to remove and costs many times over what a good cover up costs.

I try not to pimp my guy out too people who already have ink but he happens to be amazing at coverups - I don't say this lightly as it's a permenant decision.

If you are interested send me a PM and I'll get you his info and you can look at his previous work online.

He is one of the best but doesn't charge like it.

That's my shpiel...

I've had one removed...attempted. then had it covered, instead. Only offensive tattoo i had, from when i was a stupid(er) kid. Was about 4 inches by one inch in size. Was supposed to take 10 visits, at $100 per visit. I went to 3 visits, and realized my stupid was being compounded, so i paid $45 to cover it, instead.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top