JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New age chastity belt?
How I learned of the tattoo.
While at a gathering this, very much a looker of a lady whom I went to school with in earlier times, sat across the table on the other side. We were talking, and she dropped an ear ring under the table.
She asked me if I could get it for her. I said, sure, pushed out my chair, and bent under the table to get it. She had an, above the knee dress on, and the runway was open. I turned every shade of red while trying to pull thoughts together to sat back down. As I sat down, she was grinning. I was choking!!

I have a couple:(
Ive lived with a few tattoo artists back in my crazy days,and have a friend who has a shop now.
I certainly don't think it makes me tough (my grandpa did THAT for me)
I don't care what anyone thinks of tattoos,I forget I even have them actually. Its funny walking into a store and having people stare,and wondering why..OH YEAH,I LOOK LIKE A FREAK!
For most people it's a fad,and will get in the way of their future. My line of work and social environment arent affected by the way I look,but most of these kids doing it now will never do anything other than computer work.

It took me a long time to decide to even post here about the subject,because I think it's kind of a blase' topic.
Guess I'm bored..

My tats are for me and I regularly wear long sleeve shirts to hide them - partly because having them gives everyone with one an in to talk to me which I'm not fond of.

Other then that, tattooes are becoming more and more accepted.

I waited till my 30's to start on mine though to make sure I got what I wanted for a long time and have zero regrets.

If anything I want a lot more:p

Funny story about tats today. Went for my first cortisone shot due to shoulder problems. I hate needles and shot was painful and I almost passed out. The Dr came back in to check on me and told me I did fine. She then told me "the funny thing is the guys with all the tattoos scream like a little girl when the get a cortisone shot". We got a good laugh out of it. Thought I would share.

Needles with ink are not the same as needles going in my body:eek:.

I still have to avoid looking at what they are about to stick in my veins or arm:oops:.

A flabotamist told me a separate thing in the brain.

I agree with what dunehopper said a few pages back. I like tattoos, I have a couple, my wife is practically covered shoulders to toes in ink, and I view them as another form of artistic expression using your body.
What bugs me though, is when I see people with tattoos that have meaning or significance that they are not aware of, and got because they are trendy. Hipsters with sailor tattoos. Jocks with Maori warrior tattoos. In the olden days, you didn't get that sparrow tattooed on your forearm until you had crossed the equator for the first time, or you didn't get that tribal rosette until after you came back alive from your first battle.
To me, ink like this is an example of people feeling entitled to knowledge/things that they haven't earned.
That being said, my first tattoos were Maori warrior inspired designs (not actual rosette but my own interpretation of the idea, using symbology that is personal to myself) that I got after winning my battle with addiction years ago. I got them as a reminder of the hell I went through and as a reminder to always be strong and vigilant. Every morning when I see them in the mirror I thank god for where I am today, and the path that brought me here.
I also appreciate how tattoos are more socially acceptable these days, my grandparents used to think that tattoos were only for criminals, sailors, and soldiers. Now even Starbucks has relaxed its policy on showing ink in the workplace!

My tats are for me and I regularly wear long sleeve shirts to hide them - partly because having them gives everyone with one an in to talk to me which I'm not fond of.

Other then that, tattooes are becoming more and more accepted.

I waited till my 30's to start on mine though to make sure I got what I wanted for a long time and have zero regrets.

If anything I want a lot more:p

When all my buddies were getting their tribal tats just out of high school I convinced myself to wait, specifically until I was 30+, and I can't tell you how happy I am I did. Like everyone else, I'm a completely different person now at 34. I still consider getting sleeves at times, and I still might, but if I do they'll be comprised of things, ideas, and concepts that matter most to me in this world.

Nothing against tattoos. I'm surrounded by folks with acres of them.

And someday, when I decide what is perfect and appropriate, I'll have one or more too.

I do have a little "issue", however. My wife worked as a teacher for many years. The majority of the kids in all the schools she worked had free lunches, as the parents were below poverty level. Seems all too often, these same parents were sporting new tattoos. They can't afford to feed their kids, but they can afford tattoos.

Even my own daughter and her husband that can't find a meaningful job. They don't know how they're gonna pay the next rent bill, but they continually have new tattoos.

This is so commonplace, it seems to be acceptable in the tattoo culture.

WAYNO.

Nothing against tattoos. I'm surrounded by folks with acres of them.

And someday, when I decide what is perfect and appropriate, I'll have one or more too.

I do have a little "issue", however. My wife worked as a teacher for many years. The majority of the kids in all the schools she worked had free lunches, as the parents were below poverty level. Seems all too often, these same parents were sporting new tattoos. They can't afford to feed their kids, but they can afford tattoos.

Even my own daughter and her husband that can't find a meaningful job. They don't know how they're gonna pay the next rent bill, but they continually have new tattoos.

This is so commonplace, it seems to be acceptable in the tattoo culture.

WAYNO.

Likely those same folks are also smoking ($$$) and sporting one or more smart phones ($$$$) as well o_O

I did consider getting a little Tattoo once, but I decided he would be too much to carry around:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4NOX3y2MvVM1YEU8j7RYdrYlLSf5fTiVX_132FURyflRyIUiN.jpg

Yeah, that just happened! Bam! :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews