JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not yet. The contractions seems to have stopped for a while. They might actually be Braxton Higgs contractions. However we are still keeping track and since she is 37 weeks and 5 days along; it's considered full term. With the eldest child, she didn't feel any contractions until the day before delivery, but that child was a late arrival, 8 days past due.

Sit on her belly and bounce a few times.
Baby Camo will come squirtin right out. Just make sure you got somebody to catch Baby Camo.

200.gif

Bleugh..... painful contractions, closer intervals but the opening that must dilate to ensure passage.. is still the same diameter as it was 2 weeks ago. In 25 minutes the nurses will check and see if we should just go back home, or if it's starting to dilate enough or some such. We'll see. Wife is cranky because of the pain

Back to waiting game. She is not yet at the threshold needed, and nurses legally cannot do anything until Thurs so she's being released to go home. Unless her pain rating gets to 8-10; or her water breaks, or there's a significant change in pressure.. then we go right back to the birth center

I wish you and yours well during this. When my wife began her contractions at 8am I was at work. Baby was fine but having trouble. At 4pm, which happened to be the nursing shift change, decisions had to be made. There must have been 15+ people in the room! I ended up standing in the corner as they all checked on her. Decision was made and whoosh! the room emptied and I was thinking "what just happened?" Off to the OR!

All ended well but I cannot say enough about nurses and the level of care that they give to their patients. Doctors are always in a hurry, but nurses will take the time. Good luck to you and your wife.

Back to waiting game. She is not yet at the threshold needed, and nurses legally cannot do anything until Thurs so she's being released to go home. Unless her pain rating gets to 8-10; or her water breaks, or there's a significant change in pressure.. then we go right back to the birth center

Well damn.

Next trick is a shop vac. Gotta find one with good suction but not to strong. Otherwise Baby Camo will end up with a cone head....

1664808125220.png

So. Today, she pushed out some bloody mucus. May be TMI for most here. She is officially in labor but doctor wants her to track contractions,.if spaced around 5 minutes for at least a hour or so, we will be going to the hospital. Right now it's not yet that frequent. Our eldest isn't really caring about anything but she's 2 anyhow :rolleyes: so. We would like prayers and good thoughts for this joyful and stressful period . I am likely to be away from the forums for a few days due to family things :)

View attachment 1284764View attachment 1284765
My wife says you are talking about a "bloody show." Women get that before their water breaks. Have your bags ready. Will pray.

8:29pm PST; Slade has joined the world! He is a healthy boy, and the mom is doing good! They haven't weighed/cleaned/checked his vitals yet, it's that period of time of skin to skin contact with the mom so we'll find out more. He came and opened his eyes early, just like his big sister! Big difference, labor much shorter this time around and he is supposedly 15 days early

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top