JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now I don't want to come off as bashing the 17. I absolutely LOVE the platform! It could be one of the best general purpose combat rifles ever built but I think I want more out of a 7.62 rifle than what the 17 offers. Had the accuracy been as good as the M14 or the trigger system been a little better I would still own one. The trigger can be upgraded and so can the barrel with a few simple tools. But then again between a heavier barrel and trigger you can get over $1k real fast in upgrades.

What sort of accuracy were you getting out of the scar?

I seem to recall a video on the military arms channel comparing the scar 17 and the repr, with the scar shooting 1moa from 100yrds.

While maybe not accurate enough for some, I doubt the rifle will be holding me back.

how much more accurate is an m-14?

I have yet to shoot mine. what you have to remember, this is a battle rifle, not a precision rifle. I have seen people shooting the SCAR out to over 800 yards, but really, if your looking for a tack driver, spend more money and buy a OBR, or get a precision built rifle.

What sort of accuracy were you getting out of the scar?

I seem to recall a video on the military arms channel comparing the scar 17 and the repr, with the scar shooting 1moa from 100yrds.

While maybe not accurate enough for some, I doubt the rifle will be holding me back.

how much more accurate is an m-14?

At 200 yards my groups were about 4" with the 17. (From a bench using a Harris Bipod).
I ran about 500 rounds through it before I finally moved along to something else.
I've heard of people achieving much better groups, but those were my results.
I don't have any numbers to report for shooting 100 yards. I do remember one time though trying to hit a 1/2 lb. canister of tannerite once and was thoroughly embarrassed when it took 5 or more shots to hit it using a 9x Leupold.

My M14 was just about twice as accurate as the 17. 2" groups were not uncommon with that rifle.

At 200 yards my groups were about 4" with the 17. (From a bench using a Harris Bipod).
I ran about 500 rounds through it before I finally moved along to something else.
I've heard of people achieving much better groups, but those were my results.
I don't have any numbers to report for shooting 100 yards. I do remember one time though trying to hit a 1/2 lb. canister of tannerite once and was thoroughly embarrassed when it took 5 or more shots to hit it using a 9x Leupold.

My M14 was just about twice as accurate as the 17. 2" groups were not uncommon with that rifle.

thanks for sharing your experience, I guess I will have to wait and see what I can achieve accuracy wise once I can take it to the range. what sort of ammo were you using most often with the scar you owned?

I picked it up from my ffl today, this thing is awesome!

Will post pictures soon.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top