JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now I don't want to come off as bashing the 17. I absolutely LOVE the platform! It could be one of the best general purpose combat rifles ever built but I think I want more out of a 7.62 rifle than what the 17 offers. Had the accuracy been as good as the M14 or the trigger system been a little better I would still own one. The trigger can be upgraded and so can the barrel with a few simple tools. But then again between a heavier barrel and trigger you can get over $1k real fast in upgrades.

What sort of accuracy were you getting out of the scar?

I seem to recall a video on the military arms channel comparing the scar 17 and the repr, with the scar shooting 1moa from 100yrds.

While maybe not accurate enough for some, I doubt the rifle will be holding me back.

how much more accurate is an m-14?

I have yet to shoot mine. what you have to remember, this is a battle rifle, not a precision rifle. I have seen people shooting the SCAR out to over 800 yards, but really, if your looking for a tack driver, spend more money and buy a OBR, or get a precision built rifle.

What sort of accuracy were you getting out of the scar?

I seem to recall a video on the military arms channel comparing the scar 17 and the repr, with the scar shooting 1moa from 100yrds.

While maybe not accurate enough for some, I doubt the rifle will be holding me back.

how much more accurate is an m-14?

At 200 yards my groups were about 4" with the 17. (From a bench using a Harris Bipod).
I ran about 500 rounds through it before I finally moved along to something else.
I've heard of people achieving much better groups, but those were my results.
I don't have any numbers to report for shooting 100 yards. I do remember one time though trying to hit a 1/2 lb. canister of tannerite once and was thoroughly embarrassed when it took 5 or more shots to hit it using a 9x Leupold.

My M14 was just about twice as accurate as the 17. 2" groups were not uncommon with that rifle.

At 200 yards my groups were about 4" with the 17. (From a bench using a Harris Bipod).
I ran about 500 rounds through it before I finally moved along to something else.
I've heard of people achieving much better groups, but those were my results.
I don't have any numbers to report for shooting 100 yards. I do remember one time though trying to hit a 1/2 lb. canister of tannerite once and was thoroughly embarrassed when it took 5 or more shots to hit it using a 9x Leupold.

My M14 was just about twice as accurate as the 17. 2" groups were not uncommon with that rifle.

thanks for sharing your experience, I guess I will have to wait and see what I can achieve accuracy wise once I can take it to the range. what sort of ammo were you using most often with the scar you owned?

I picked it up from my ffl today, this thing is awesome!

Will post pictures soon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads