JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be getting a swine flu shot

• yes

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • no

Votes: 52 85.2%

• Total voters
I plan on getting both the regular seasonal flu shot and the H1N1 vaccination.

There's a lot of hokum conspiracy theory stuff out there right now about the H1N1 vaccine, but I'm not really concerned. I think you've got a better chance of being hit by a beer truck walking across the street than having any negative effects from the flu vaccine.

It's a personal choice based in large part on your philosophy. I don't believe that I need to be inoculated against any potential harm out there. Yes, I'm as much for preparedness as the next guy, but I don't care if I get a flu. It's part of life. H1N1 seems to be a bunch of scare tactics; I know people who have gotten it and said it was very mild compared to other flus. I do know it sells lots of vaccine though -- someone is making money on it.

Alternately, you may believe they're safe, beneficial, & effective, and don't have time (or capability to withstand) the flu.

Either way, make the choice based upon your own research, not the media scare going on, or other community pressures.

I plan on getting both the regular seasonal flu shot and the H1N1 vaccination.

There's a lot of hokum conspiracy theory stuff out there right now about the H1N1 vaccine, but I'm not really concerned. I think you've got a better chance of being hit by a beer truck walking across the street than having any negative effects from the flu vaccine.

I agree with this.

I haven't decided on H1N1 yet, but am for sure getting the regular flu shot. If I do get the H1N1, it'll be because they're offering it here at work like they're doing the regular flu shot (our company brings in people on their dime to deliver.)

When I would get the flu in the past (which wasn't often) it would really kick my butt. If I get the flu while innoculated, it takes far less of a toll on me.

Personally I don't trust our Gov't and what they are telling us. Wasn't it back in the 20-30's that they tested the Polio vaccine on unsuspecting civilian, but the truth didn't come out until the 70-80's? God knows what they may be testing now.

My wife gets regular CDC notifications...I won't go into what they say...I'll just say its not that big of a deal thus far, and its been around for what now a year or two?

I just don't feel comfortable having our Gov't or states telling us we have to put something into our bodies....why....what are you really testing???? I saw just this last week New York is requiring all medical professionals to get the H1N1 shot...MANDATORY!!! if you don't you can get fired.

I use to get a regular flu shot years ago....10-12 yrs, and EVERY year I'd get the flu. Then I stopped getting them....hey guess what....I didn't get the flu.

My wife and I both agreed not to get either seasonal or H1N1 shots...but we do take precautionary steps....keep away from individuals coughing, wash our hands reguarly, wipe down my desk and phone, take our vitamins everyday...and IF I start to feel ill...stay home and take care or myself.

Sorry....just my .02 worth

i and my family will be getting both. my oldest goes to public school and brings home flu's all the time . and i belive it is safe it will be worse this yr for sure.

I saw just this last week New York is requiring all medical professionals to get the H1N1 shot...MANDATORY!!! if you don't you can get fired.

There's a reason for that. If your health support infrastructure gets infected, it becomes paralyzed because it's too busy quaranteeing itself vs. being effective treating others.

My wife is a nurse and she's glad to have the availability of vaccination. She sees the results of people not innoculated first-hand, and down to every doc she works with believes that they work for prevention.

Totally support your right to do whatever you want, but I would urge you to consider that not every government action is insidious.

For those of you who plan to get the vaccines...
When you go to get your shot, demand the insert sheet that comes with the product. Read the list of ingredients very carefully. The seasonal flu virus may well contain H1N1 virus. Viruses in vaccines are supposed to be dead, but there is talk of the H1N1 being live which would not be good news.

Personally, I won't be getting it...
see attachment

My wife is a nurse and she's glad to have the availability of vaccination. She sees the results of people not innoculated first-hand, and down to every doc she works with believes that they work for prevention.

Interesting, I have a friend who is an RN in Portland who told me that she wont be taking one. She said that she felt the new vacciine has been hurried through production too fast and she doesn't trust it.

I have also been told that if you were born before 1965 you probably have a certain amount of resistance to the current strain as a similar strain was out there in the early sixties.

It is also interesting to note that at the time of this posting, the poll was 82% against taking the vaccine. I wish we could seen the rational from that whopping majority. ie think your immune, dont trust the government, dont trust the quality of the vaccine or ?

I know there are a couple of types of flu vaccines. Read an article on the Flumist, nasal vaccine. Supposedly in the instructions is says due to the use of live cultures "do not come in contact with anyone with immunocompromised conditions" as you are potentially infectious for 21 days. Side effects seem to be the exact same symptoms as the flu itself. YMMV
rhtwist

Interesting, I have a friend who is an RN in Portland who told me that she wont be taking one. She said that she felt the new vacciine has been hurried through production too fast and she doesn't trust it.

I have also been told that if you were born before 1965 you probably have a certain amount of resistance to the current strain as a similar strain was out there in the early sixties.

It is also interesting to note that at the time of this posting, the poll was 82% against taking the vaccine. I wish we could seen the rational from that whopping majority. ie think your immune, dont trust the government, dont trust the quality of the vaccine or ?

I'm really quite surprised your friend has that opinion. The company I work for is not medical but very healthcare focused on a global scale with the majority (85%) of non-IT staff made up of M.D.'s and PhD's and of the ones I've talked to (about 15 - only about 5% of the population to be fair) every single one has taken the same stance as the docs that my wife works with.

I guess it boils down to individual comfort level. And since they're not going to make this mandatory (no matter what some of the tinfoil hatters think) and what that dummy Sebulius says, it's really kind of moot.

As far as the poll results, I'd be interested as well but only as a mild curiousity. If there were too many, "it's Government control!" or similar I'd lose a little more faith in humanity's ability to be rational.

Our government isn't insidious. It's just a big dumb child that doesn't really understand it's own strength sometimes.

My wife and I (and I hope our children ) will NOT get a flu shot. There is already so much filth in our water, air and food that our bodies have to work overtime to clean out, that I am not going to willingly add to it. These innoculations contain such toxic waste products as Thermiresol (Mercury, as in 'don't eat fish!'), Aluminum, Formaldehyde and who knows what else? And they may also contain live virus! I don't want it or need it. My question is, when during the time of human existence did our bodies develop a need for toxic waste? This is a gold mine for the big chemical companies who have to dispose of this filth some way! (And, make billions of dollars to boot! Win, win for them and lose, lose for us!) I have seen polls where 40 to 50% of health care profesionals (doctors and nurses) say that they WILL NOT take this shot! Hooray for them! They are not going to perpetrate the lie of "The neccesary flu shot!" just to keep their jobs.

I voted "no" not because I'm afraid of the shot, but because I'm low risk, don't get out in crowds much and therefor the risk of feeling funky due to the shot itself outweighs the resistance. Besides, it seems like the mortality rate really isn't any different than our standard every year-type flu. I could be mistaken though.

I am sometimes asked what I think is better for fighting contagious dieases. Well, prior to the invention of pennicilin (Which is a drug that could be patented and sold for big dollars) garlic was a very popular disinfectant ( cannot be patented and therefore no money to Big Pharma).
I use a lot of garlic. I also take quality vitamins and minerals and some herbal supplements (the big drug companies hate these products because there is no money in it for them and they have fought for years to get the government to "regulate" them - effectively banning them so that people will have to turn to expensive drugs.) If Big Pharma succeeds in banning vitamins, minerals and herbal supplements, I believe that you will see a massive increase in the number of sick people (big money for the drug companies, of course).
I don't wan't anybody to tell me what I can or cannot do for my own health. I am 70 years old and work 40 hours each week. My job requires me to be on my feet 8 hours per day. My health is good. I take no prescription or non-prescription drugs. I haven't seen a doctor in more that 10 years. I had a floater in my eye and he told me I was getting old! The big drug companies call me a "deadbeat" because they make no money off of me and I intend to keep it that way! I will never take ANY inoculation!

My wife has gotten hers a week ago (nasal) she works at the hospital, but I will not and I have asthma, I never get one but if I hear/see that its getting bad I'll wear a form fitting mask, as for our 5yr. old no.

Our government isn't insidious. It's just a big dumb child that doesn't really understand it's own strength sometimes.

I agree that our government is not insidious. However, I cannot extend that statement to many who gain power within it, and then exploit and manipulate that power to augment their own personal agendas.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top