JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fist or elbow bump instead of handshake.

We use a spray must of rubbing alcohol instead of Purel, inexpensive& easier.

Use the sanitize wipes for carts at the grocery.

Exact change.

Do not touch doorknobs.

Wash hands often, & well.

Etc.

Pretty standard.

I never had a flu shot and I have not really had the flu often.

Last time I had a shot before last year, was 40+ years ago.

I've had what might be a flu almost every year for the past decade or more. Usually around December to February.

It starts similar to a cold (URI) then goes down into my chest after a few days and hangs on for weeks, making me very weak. I can't do much physically for a month or more. Coughing lasts longer and longer every year. Last two-three years I had to go get antibiotics for acute bronchitis and that seems to finally get rid of it. I am 64 this year and I don't want a stay in the hospital for pneumonia. If SHTF right now and I was sick, I would be in a real pickle.

So late fall I got a flu shot.

So far, no flu or cold - knock on wood.

If I can make it thru February then I will think the shot was effective enough for me.

Take a gander at the chart here:

Cold or flu? Here's how to tell, plus your flu vaccine questions answered

My great grandfather and one of his kids died in the 1919 pandemic. I get flu shots religiously and havent had the flu in years ( Actual influenza. Not a cold like everyone calls the flu ) . Got one this year and watched my wife and son laid to waste for 2 weeks. I breezed right through.

The other benefit of being old, but not elderly is that you have been exposed to many strains in your lifetime, and they do come back around. If you are older than dirt, protect yourself.

@Colts4me
What is with Vit D and Flu?
How much is "lots"

Vitamin D - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects

( I take 6000 with breakfast and 4 with dinner = 10,000 / day )
Research suggests that the true safe upper limit is 10,000IU/day.
If there's only one supplement you're taking for your health and your diet is decent, it should probably be Vitamin D. I highly recommend taking Vitamin D instead of a multivitamin most of the time.
Herman Gill

I am not a health professional so what advice I give should be looked into on your own. I take 4000 units a day of vitamin D but I am a good size human being. The effects have really done me good in health and mood since we have long periods of overcast days. Without D the flu sympoms will be worse in my opinion, indoor living robs you of good health.

Remember there is Tamiflu, A treatment for influenza that can reduce the duration and severity of the flu a bit. But it is only beneficial if started within the first 2 days.

We also have rapid flu tests that only take about 5 minutes to run and can diagnose influenza with 96% accuracy.

So if you think you have the flu, get tested right away so the treatment can be started (if your pharmacy isnt out of it). I see a lot of people 7 days into their 14 day flu and cant do anything at that point.

Flu symptoms are similar to many viral infections but typically non-specific with high fevers, body aching and cold like symptoms. Cough and chest congestion as well.

I have received the flu shot every year and have yet to been diagnosed with autism. Though I dont like going to my doctor so it is possible :)

Many years ago I knew I had the flu and called my doctor and asked if I could have him phone me in a prescription for Tamiflu. He said no way he would have to see me first. Would next Wednesday work? Thanks a lot douche.

Many years ago I knew I had the flu and called my doctor and asked if I could have him phone me in a prescription for Tamiflu. He said no way he would have to see me first. Would next Wednesday work? Thanks a lot douche.

Get a new reduced-douche level doc. I have called in tamiflu before because of the 2 day rule. It is also a pretty low risk medication to start without the flu test.

Though I also have patient's who want antibiotics the same way and I like to see them to confirm they will actually work.

I'm going to knock on wood here so I don't jinx myself. I'm a teacher, shake each student's hand every day and have had the flu once in the past 10+ years. Had it 3 years ago, and can't remember when I had it previously, though I'm sure I must have at some point. I've never had a flu shot and don't plan to any time soon, however, I don't begrudge those who do, just my personal choice. I take 5000 mg a day of Vit C (per doctor's recommendation, which is a different story), essential oils regularly, along with multi-vitamins and Calcium Citrate with Vit D and magnesium. I make sure to get 8 hours of sleep. This means going to bed at 8pm because we wake at 4:30. I eat a LOT of vegetables. I wash my hands over a dozen times a day and use hand sanitizer at work. Lately, we have been taking the antibacterial/protective oils to keep the bug at bay. Almost everyone at my husband's work is sick with it. Hopefully, we can keep it away.

I was as sick as I have ever been over Christmas. High fever and sick as a dog. I was dreaming all kinds of weird stuff and had the common sense some how to take a cold shower. Took my temp after the shower and was still 102.

Take it seriously.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads