JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
go zorb or go home

zorb-ball-crush.gif

You mean like the government building where @CountryGent and a few other rented office space from, where the only ones that worked full time (or more) were the office renters not the government people? :p

LOL! You mean the ESD office building in Eastern Oregon? Yah ... the private sector folks were there all the time. Everyone else was, well, whenever. ;)

I hate to say it but one of the reasons the school kids are all getting sick is budget cuts. Now, I'm not saying higher taxes, I'm saying spend wisely, but hear me out.

When I was hired 12 years ago, my school had two full time custodians. All rooms were cleaned daily. First round of budget cuts, down to one full time custodian and rooms cleaned every other day, common areas daily. Second round of budget cuts, down to one 3/4 time custodian and rooms cleaned twice a week, common areas every other day. Unfortunately, she retired last year. She was good about get us disinfectant wipes, cleaning supplies, and wiping things down as she walked down the hall. We now have two people sharing that position and it is difficult to catch one of them in the few hours they are there.

One of the science teachers today took his class around to "swab" different items (like keyboard, doorknobs, water fountains, ect) to see what bacteria they could grow. :eek: It will be interesting to see if the 7th graders start washing their hands more.

I have lived in Oregon all my life, I can't recall the schools ever saying they have enough money. My property taxes have gone up every year to support schools so if they don't have enough money to run them the way they need to then they are not running them right. Try telling your higher ups that you need more janitors and fewer higher ups. Tell them "it's for the children" and it will save lives to have clean schools. I wonder how many old people die because the schools choose more administration positions than janitorial?o_O

Statistically looks like peak should be now thru the next 4 weeks. Hope so!

That is what they say, that end of January into February is the peak and then the fall off.

The thing I was trying to convey is how many more people are getting sick and how much sicker they are getting.

I am glad I decided to get my flu shot last year, and I am hoping that at the very least, that if I do get sick, I won't get as sick as I have been every year for the last ten years (each year getting worse) - better yet, I hope I don't get sick at all. I saw a headline that said that the flu shot has helped those over fifty.

I have lived in Oregon all my life, I can't recall the schools ever saying they have enough money. My property taxes have gone up every year to support schools so if they don't have enough money to run them the way they need to then they are not running them right. Try telling your higher ups that you need more janitors and fewer higher ups. Tell them "it's for the children" and it will save lives to have clean schools. I wonder how many old people die because the schools choose more administration positions than janitorial?o_O

As I said, I am not saying raise taxes because they are way too high already. I am saying it would be nice if the state actually sent to money to the rural school districts that they are supposed to send. o_O

I actually work for a good school district. With those cuts, they did administration positions first.

As I said, I am not saying raise taxes because they are way too high already. I am saying it would be nice if the state actually sent to money to the rural school districts that they are supposed to send. o_O

I actually work for a good school district. With those cuts, they did administration positions first.

It just got to me when you said the school system got rid of janitors, sorry if I came off as an a hole.:confused:

Usually what people get that they describe as "the flu" is a norovirus. Nasty but not the flu. Norovirus infection - Symptoms and causes

I had a case of the flu in '95 and near died from it. Started out as a sore throat and chest cold so I hit the bed thinking I'd get over it. Girlfriend was out of town due to the holidays. Three days later I was extremely feverish and couldn't swallow without intense coughing. I'd sleep 14-16 hrs, get up and sit down in the living room and would be back to sleep within minutes. Work called on the 3rd day and said I couldn't come back without a doctors excuse. Ok, cleaned up somewhat and and headed for the clinic. I walked in and sat down and everybody moved to the other side of the room. Later I realized I was yellow, including my eyes due to my liver shutting down. Someone got a nurse (wearing a mask) to come get me and they ran blood tests etc. The doctor was pretty excited as I was the 1st case of the "real flu" in Polk county that year. I didn't share his excitement. :(

To make a long story shorter, I had the actual flu, liver & kidneys were shutting down. They told me that I would have kept sleeping longer and longer until I went comatose and died as thats how you die from the flu. The only thing they could do was give me massive doses of antibiotics and hope it worked which was a 50/50 chance. In ICU for a few days and thankfully the antibiotics kicked in and cleared it up. I had to go back in weekly for 2 months for blood workups to make sure that my organ functions were returning and it took a few months before I felt right again.

tl/dr I had the flu. I get flu shots now. Its not anything to screw around with.

Clean technique. Aseptic technique. Sterile technique. We modern Americans have strayed quite a ways from understanding how it is the little things that can kill you so dead and in such a horrible fashion. Diseases.

Somewhat fun and easy to learn up on the aforementioned understandings and practice of cleanliness. I suspect but do not know that my constant training as a Registered Nurse let me kinda understand how to stay safe.

This was from a medical patient care point of view. Different than many other sterile procedure situations like pure research in the secret buried deep laboratories. I think we are lucky something very bad has not happened.

Good old Movies? "The Andromeda Strain". "The Satan Bug". "The Omega Man". Many more recent scary disease "end of the world" movies. All interesting. All entertaining. SHTF? How about THE big pandemic?

Yikes!

So here I am re-reading The Stand and I see a thread about the flu....Achoo..:eek::p:D
Andy

I read it in high school when I had the most horrible case of nasal infection ever. Green snot for days. I'd wake up and have to wipe the phlegm from the roof of my mouth. I remember it because I was scared to death reading it! I was a huge Stephen King fan at the time. I'd just finished Pet Sematary and picked up The Stand. I'm still traumatized, LOL.

Small world...I read it first in high school as well...and it seemed like everyone had a cold at the time...not good if you have a active imagination...:eek::D
Andy
I read it in high school when I had the most horrible case of nasal infection ever. Green snot for days. I'd wake up and have to wipe the phlegm from the roof of my mouth. I remember it because I was scared to death reading it! I was a huge Stephen King fan at the time. I'd just finished Pet Sematary and picked up The Stand. I'm still traumatized, LOL.

Speaking for myself @ this time in my life; flu shots are bull pucky!

How is the human body going to defend itself unless we allow it to?

The human body is "smarter" than big pharma; it needs to experience viruses to adapt to them.

If we keep sponsoring and substituting the natural occurrences with our versions of the flu, our bodies may not be able, trained, or prepared to handle a big leap; the year flu shots aren't available or the year the flu shots cannot beat the virus.

I retired from the army 2003; my last flu shot was FT Campbell @2000. I haven't had the flu since that last shot.

I got the flu every year from 79-2000 when I was getting the shots.

Let your body build it's own defenses.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads