JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This will be the future once we all have a social credit score (mine will be -0-) and every transaction is via CBDC. Complete financial slavery incoming.

Do you agree with this article?
Misquoted @Burt Gummer - my bad.

The article is kind of messy, jumps around and repeats itself.
Quick details from the article, 70% of the >6K people polled have lost faith in the government, but only ~6% of the US population is preparing for SHTF. The gender ratio of preppers is 2:1 men to women.
The conclusion of the article is that we are nearing the point of no return for the future of this nation, and that society is going to hell in a handbasket.

Can't disagree with the Biden verdict.
The irrecoverable condition of the USA will likely go through a civil upheaval that won't be as deadly as the Civil War, but it'll be ugly. More than likely, a military coup will take place and we will see some top brass be summarily executed.

Prepping is always a good idea. The duration of your prepper materials depends on how dark your expectations are.

I'd add -- meanwhile, >50% of the world's population is just trying to survive with 10-12% of global population at malnutrition levels.

Last Edited:
Haven't seen any images of Angus lately, but his brother Malcolm and Bon Scott are downright cold.
I knew the latter two have been pushing up daisies for a while (especially Bon Scott), but all three of them got equal songwriting credit for Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, which is why I named all of them...

These frauds know people are primed and ready to follow any scam designed to enslave them. Get ready for the 2030 global reset. They are openly telling you their plans now. From CBDC to the end of the 2A it is coming. You will be allotted square footage, have a forced passport to leave "your" home, and own nothing - all because the majority of people are lambs.

Just what I read but there is a fellow in the know that says America won't last until the 2024 election.

So if they shut the banks down then all payrolls stop, plus you can't spend your own money.

The violence will be so bad that government locks us down.

If you believe this is going to happen then no doubt your survival skills are going to come in handy.

Just what I read but there is a fellow in the know that says America won't last until the 2024 election.

So if they shut the banks down then all payrolls stop, plus you can't spend your own money.

The violence will be so bad that government locks us down.

If you believe this is going to happen then no doubt your survival skills are going to come in handy.
Wouldn't survival skills come in handy in any survival situation? Regardless of what one believes.

I can easily go for some months without pulling $ from my checking account - but I have other $ sources I can tap besides my checking account.

If the banks shut down, then nobody can pay their mortgage and the lenders will have to wait for their payments too. That is just one of the ripple effects that would happen. The gov would not let it happen - not willingly.

I can easily go for some months without pulling $ from my checking account - but I have other $ sources I can tap besides my checking account.

If the banks shut down, then nobody can pay their mortgage and the lenders will have to wait for their payments too. That is just one of the ripple effects that would happen. The gov would not let it happen - not willingly.
If they close down the banks for 3 weeks.....to flatten the curve :confused:, it will be to steal the election I suspect.

Guess we will see.:s0142:

The more I read I can see survival is going to greatly depend on where a man lives. If you have been watching France blow up, I think we will see that before long.

Just looks to me, or it's my opinion that it won't be long before survival skills will be required. Of course it's because I am cynical and read too much crap. :confused: Col McGregor I believe.
Sure.

However scenario preparedness is not the best option, IMO.

Just read your post as that's what (economic collapse) is the only concern is all…

There are infinite possibles which could devolve society as we currently know it, along with many which could devolve personal/family normalcy.

Sure.

However scenario preparedness is not the best option, IMO.

Just read your post as that's what (economic collapse) is the only concern is all…

There are infinite possibles which could devolve society as we currently know it, along with many which could devolve personal/family normalcy.
I read a lot and always think that those I talk to read just as much. I think we all read the same propaganda but get different take aways on what we read.

Some things old guys like me have lived through, the spotted owl was a controlled economic collapse of the NW timber industry. Living through it gives a perspective on the news others may not have.

My fear is that the entire USA is going to go through an economic collapse and there are a lot of events taking place that say its happening.

The big difference I believe, is the collapse is going to turn violent for political reasons.

How to survive it is a big question that I don't have all the answers for.

Thread started in May of 2022, this is June of 2023, 1 year and one month.

For most the economy has been crashing the entire year. Yet like the weather, some of us keep a rain coat ready for the big storm or the short shower.

Thread started in May of 2022, this is June of 2023, 1 year and one month.

For most the economy has been crashing the entire year. Yet like the weather, some of us keep a rain coat ready for the big storm or the short shower.
My IRAs have not earned a penny since 2020 if you look at their averages. They go up and down, but right now they are still below their peak in 2021. Three years and no real appreciation. Fortunately I haven't needed to touch them - yet. But I need to now to pay some unexpected bills and my checking account is at its lowest that it has been for a decade.

My fixed bills, mortgage, utilities, etc., I can pay on my income, but the "Stuff happens" incidents have depleted my checking account, and stuff will keep on happening. As long as what happens isn't severe, I can cover it, but those events will deplete my IRAs eventually if the stock market doesn't start coming back to an earnings level.

My IRAs have not earned a penny since 2020 if you look at their averages. They go up and down, but right now they are still below their peak in 2021. Three years and no real appreciation. Fortunately I haven't needed to touch them - yet. But I need to now to pay some unexpected bills and my checking account is at its lowest that it has been for a decade.

My fixed bills, mortgage, utilities, etc., I can pay on my income, but the "Stuff happens" incidents have depleted my checking account, and stuff will keep on happening. As long as what happens isn't severe, I can cover it, but those events will deplete my IRAs eventually if the stock market doesn't start coming back to an earnings level.
I have a year left before they force me to take a percentage out of my retirement. The taxes are 25% so it will reduce my income some. I have my bills down to a bare minimum but did buy a gun recently so that's one of my stuff happens moments.

I think I know how this plays out but would be called a fear monger if I post my theory. I read constantly yet know most of the news is manipulated propaganda to make us live in fear constantly.

Started reading a lot in high-school but didn't really understand events until the great gas shortage in the 70s. Now I watch events closely because I got hit very hard when the government shut down the economy with the spotted owl.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads