JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
That could be but trying to iron out the learning curves after it's necessary doesn't seem like a recipe for smooth transactions.
This is a long read. But the bottom line conclusion is that once the USD currency is cancelled (and presumably replaced by CBDC), the best medium of exchange for barter will be easily recognizable coins (think "junk silver" coins):

I suspect as this plays out that folks think they will just order on line. The thieves will follow the delivery vehicles to our houses. I am not sure how this ends.

Last Edited:
If the Fed is going to tamp down inflation, rates are going to have to go up. We can't have it both ways?
If the government keeps spending more than it takes in, and prints money to cover the difference, the Fed will be hard-pressed to raise rates enough to slow inflation.

"Drunken Sailor" spending by government was pretty easy when it could sell bonds at almost zero interest rate. Now it is paying 5% on short term debt, and almost 4% on long term debt. That is a big jump in interest cost. Something has to give. Either spend less, or print more money. If printing more, it just supercharges inflation, which spirals into a crash.

I feel like there is a third option that you missed there ;)
I was offering possibilities, not dreams.

Neither party will increase taxes on the rich, since both parties are beholden to the rich to get reelected. Taxing the poor is a dead end, since there isn't enough money there. Taxing the Middle Class went away when the rich sent their jobs overseas.

Neither party seems to realize that the Middle Class is no longer a viable target for taxes, so they keep promising to "tax the rich" and instead let the tax increases hit the upper part of the Middle Class. That group has slipped down below the income level targeted, so revenue is falling short.

I was offering possibilities, not dreams.

Neither party will increase taxes on the rich, since both parties are beholden to the rich to get reelected. Taxing the poor is a dead end, since there isn't enough money there. Taxing the Middle Class went away when the rich sent their jobs overseas.

Neither party seems to realize that the Middle Class is no longer a viable target for taxes, so they keep promising to "tax the rich" and instead let the tax increases hit the upper part of the Middle Class. That group has slipped down below the income level targeted, so revenue is falling short.
Or we could just roll back misguided tax cuts from 2017 ;)

That is raising taxes. Despite the clever phraseology, all the parties involved see it clearly as raising taxes, and will act accordingly. Nice try.

See my post #1,253.
I was suggesting it as a more politically palatable way to raise taxes without actually(sic) raising them. Kind of along the lines of "everyone loves to buy things buty no one likes to be sold things"

Yeah, that's what makes it politically palatable :s0112:

R-16367385-1607308473-4272_grande.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR