JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
"Looming price hikes on food"? Looming? Frickin' food prices have already been too high the past three months. When a lousy four-pound bag of potatoes runs $6.99 it's time to get yer dander up...
We couldn't give potatoes away last year. There were literally thousands of pounds ready to glean and only two families came over. Mrs308 and I picked up approx 200lbs and used them all winter. Some gleaned after the equipment left were the largest potatoes I've ever seen.

1080 homes for sale in Clark County
100 had open houses last Sunday
200 have had at least one price reduction

Builders have started placing arrow signs directing traffic to their subdivisions.

The writing is on the wall.

1080 homes for sale in Clark County
100 had open houses last Sunday
200 have had at least one price reduction

Builders have started placing arrow signs directing traffic to their subdivisions.

The writing is on the wall.
Interest rates went up, sellers still want top (read stupid high) dollar, buyers can't qualify for as much with the higher rates so homes sit on the market a bit longer, this is a standard market correction

You know the old saying "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail"? Well, it's also true that if you believe with all your heart that there will be some unavoidable event, everything that happens starts looking like a sign of that event happening.

Interest rates went up, sellers still want top (read stupid high) dollar, buyers can't qualify for as much with the higher rates so homes sit on the market a bit longer, this is a standard market correction

You know the old saying "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail"? Well, it's also true that if you believe with all your heart that there will be some unavoidable event, everything that happens starts looking like a sign of that event happening.
The only tool I have is a grain of salt.

from a free, daily email from https://forwardobserver.com this morning

INFLATION IN EUROPE HITS RECORD HIGHS, U.S. GOV OFFICIALS WARN OF IMPENDING RECESSION: Inflation in Europe hit its highest level since the adoption of the euro. Annual inflation across the euro currency reached 8.1% in May. Increases in energy and food prices were the driving factors in record inflation. Europe's largest economies recorded big jumps in consumer prices with Germany rising 8.7%, France 5.8%, Spain 8.5% and Italy 7.3%. Smaller economies such as Estonia posted an annual inflation rate of 20.1% with Lithuania at 18.5%. This week in the U.S., multiple economists and government officials began warning of a major global recession.

You know things are bad when CNN criticizes senile joe on inflation.

The way I read it they were not criticising him on inflation, they were pointing out that admitting that ANY president has little authority to wave a magic wand and fix things is a bad move going into an election cycle. Kind of a hot take that 'Merican's! would rather be lied to and would vote believing that the Prez has such powers despite 246 years of history proving otherwise, but I can't say that they are wrong.

The way I read it they were not criticising him on inflation, they were pointing out that admitting that ANY president has little authority to wave a magic wand and fix things is a bad move going into an election cycle. Kind of a hot take that 'Merican's! would rather be lied to and would vote believing that the Prez has such powers despite 246 years of history proving otherwise, but I can't say that they are wrong.
I agree with both of you, sort of. I didn't read it as CNN criticizing Joe, but would go so far as to say that's about as close to criticism as CNN is likely to throw his way.

planet-of-the-apes.jpg

And, you start taking actions which make the event happen. Self fulfilling prophecy.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top