JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
A dark but accurate article?

Possibly. Mine lists today with first open house Saturday. Priced about 10k less than comparable in the same neighborhood because we need out pretty bad. Timing just happens to suck.

Worse comes to worse, Portland's lack of affordable rent means I can rent my place out for over the mortgage and still come in under cost compared to others.

Regarding the market as a whole, I think it'll hold in PDX longer than the rest of the states before the bubble bursts. Demand here is still high, investors still snatching up properties, and rents still ridiculous. Definitely cooling though.

Possibly. Mine lists today with first open house Saturday. Priced about 10k less than comparable in the same neighborhood because we need out pretty bad. Timing just happens to suck.

Worse comes to worse, Portland's lack of affordable rent means I can rent my place out for over the mortgage and still come in under cost compared to others.

Regarding the market as a whole, I think it'll hold in PDX longer than the rest of the states before the bubble bursts. Demand here is still high, investors still snatching up properties, and rents still ridiculous. Definitely cooling though.
You might be surprised what people will pay for a home even in the middle of a dumpster fire. We put our PDX home up for sale and the first couple who walked in the door bought it full price with zero demands.

You might be surprised what people will pay for a home even in the middle of a dumpster fire. We put our PDX home up for sale and the first couple who walked in the door bought it full price with zero demands.
Oregon is going to stay popular for a long time. Watch the exodus from the SW and SE states as the thermostat gets turned up and lakes/rivers dry out. Lake Mead has 100 ft left to drop before it stops flowing through the dam.

The further north you are latitude wise, the better off you'll be over the next 50 years. That's a fact. Any short term fall in real estate value from a recession will be a distant memory when people can't survive 120 degrees and extreme drought and want to relocate somewhere with rainfall.

Oregon is going to stay popular for a long time. Watch the exodus from the SW and SE states as the thermostat gets turned up and lakes/rivers dry out. Lake Mead has 100 ft left to drop before it stops flowing through the dam.

The further north you are latitude wise, the better off you'll be over the next 50 years. That's a fact. Any short term fall in real estate value from a recession will be a distant memory when people can't survive 120 degrees and extreme drought and want to relocate somewhere with rainfall.
Saw a map of the US yesterday. The map predicted where the best place to live will be as climate change advances. According to "Top Men" the best place in the continental US to survive global warming will be the Great Lakes region (AKA the Rust Belt).

That makes perfect sense.....you need water to make all that rust.

Apparently, the path of the jet stream will shift ever further north. The pacific coast temperate rain forest will be no more.

Last Edited:
So Biden blames big oil for this crisis, and that we need more refining capacity. Demands gas producers to increase refining capacity yet he blocked the expansion of the Virgin Islands refinery that would have significantly increased us refining capacit!

Biden begged the arabs to produce more oil, however they are at max capacity and yet he just killed a 1 million acre o&g oil lease in alaska!

Even French President Macron told biden to stop fing around and produce more oil, the western world depends on it

I thought this was a plot from a James Bond movie?

Kinda like this Thread Closure is Imminent, right?? :)
Nah, they'll just delete my posts about how silly the "climate change" rhetoric is, and how it has been a story of impending ice age or fiery hellscape in any given decade for over 200 years. They'll try anything, and just about anything works on the plentiful idiots.

50C3FD68-D986-4B82-949D-F41CE7CE6E5C.jpeg

Fair enough. Point still stands though - temps were higher. I should have vetted the image; I came across it from a reliable source whom I'll let know this instance is debatable at the very least. I tried to reply once already, let's see if this one gets through. Strict mods here, apparently.

I'd love to reply with more substantial data, but those posts get deleted. I am beginning to question the lean of the mods here.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top