JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
As a reminder to all....

Rule # 7
Discussion of staff issues in the open forum is prohibited.

If you have a question or concern about a moderator's actions / postings...
PM the moderator in question or contact Joe directly.
Andy

paywall

Edit: Here is the basic information in a chart that is easy to understand. Big inflation periods during/after wars. I believe that the inflation during the 1968-1981 period was due to the Viet Nam war.

Notice that inflation dropped to near zero in 2008, after peaking in the previous year.

https://advisor.visualcapitalist.com/inflation-over-last-100-years/

Last Edited:
U.S. companies reported a sharp drop in business activity in August in a broad-based decline led by services companies, though manufacturing slowed as well. High inflation, material shortages, delivery delays and interest-rate rises all weighed on business activity

I noticed that the vacant lot next to the local auto repair shop has suddenly filled up with vehicles. The shop owner said he was able to rent it from someone who had just bought the property. That means that the repair shop has gone from 10 vehicles on site to 30. 20 of these are waiting for parts, sometimes up to six months.

The new normal?

Lately I've been getting the feeling that if you haven't already got a parachute packed at the ready in your carry-on …. You're going to be stuck riding the plane all the way into to it's inevitable destination.

Passenger: Now that you ran the plane out of gas, how far can this thing glide??
Captain Biden: No worries, we'll make it all the way to the scene of the CRASH!! :s0155:

Went to the camper repair place to talk about some repairs to my slide in camper. During our discussion back ordered parts and parts just not available was discussed.

Not just China stuff but USA built and USA rebuilt components. Talked about waiting months for rebuilt cooling units.

FJB and the incompetents and perverts he and the Dems put into leadership positions.

Went to the camper repair place to talk about some repairs to my slide in camper. During our discussion back ordered parts and parts just not available was discussed.

Not just China stuff but USA built and USA rebuilt components. Talked about waiting months for rebuilt cooling units.

FJB and the incompetents and perverts he and the Dems put into leadership positions.

Platitudes and attitudes is what they bring to the table. Feelings, or rather the manipulation of feelings with ridiculous and unrealistic promises of cures for problems that either don't exist or they intentionally created, is the left's MO. Works wonderfully on the ignorant masses who know more about sports and "celebrities" than basic fiscal practices and most things that actually affect their day to day lives.

Prime example:
Them: "Take the shot!"
Me: "Nah, I'll pass. No need."
Them: "You don't care about Grandma!?!?"

from https://forwardobserver.com/ this morning:

BRICS PRESIDENT: RUSSIA-INDIA TRADE NO LONGER NEEDS USD: BRICS President Purnima Anand claimed that Russia and India no longer need the US Dollar for trade bilateral settlements, pointing to the implementation of a mechanism of mutual settlements in rubles and rupees. Anand also noted that China is developing a similar mechanism of mutual settlements in Rubles and Yuan. – M.S.

Feds raising rates to slow consumption and the economy.

Translation....More Billions (Trillions?) will be lost in securities based public and private retirement accounts. Retired guys living on social security and required minimum distributions are taking a significant hit. Rest assured, Top Men are working diligently to make it worse.

But there's hope on the horizon. In Demented Pedophile Land the White House will pump another 300 to 800 Billion into the economy with the student loan giveaway.

In other news....I found a local smithy that produces 2011 pistols in house. Handled a few the other day. They feel well put together. Very nice. Thinking about a commander size double stack. You have to keep indulging what you enjoy or the stupidity in the world will make you nuts.

Last Edited:
Thanks for the map! I had no idea how horrific the global warming issue had become until I saw that lower map. Wow, looks insanely hot!

No one, looking at this map, could deny the horror of global warming.

Thanks!

media%2FFYRg8JjXkAEaicP.jpg

Only because that number left out food and fuel. The real number is much larger!
Can't believe someone hasn't computed current inflation using the same methology used in the 1970's and early 80's.

Bet our current massaged number of 8.3% would balloon to 12-16%.

Can't believe this information isn't available somewhere.
Wish I knew how and were to look.

25% pay increase for rail workers plus 5% bonus....30% in 4 or 5 years.
White House buffoonery to avoid a strike before the mid terms.
MSM is silent and complicit.

Criminals are in charge....

EDIT.....still trying to find current inflation rate using 1979 calculation method. Should be easy but it appears to have been scrubbed everywhere.

Anyone know how to find such a bit of information?

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews