JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I do recall that it was not a civil war but a terrorist act by the hands of extremists. It was meant to try and spark a power grab by nefarious groups in the government which were trying to fill the power vacuum. It was a great show and I wish they allowed it to continue.
That sounds right. Haven't seen it since 2008 or whatever so hard to recall. Some older shows though seem silly now with time so it could be one of those. They used to have a show called "V" about aliens. At the time seemed ok but now seems very very silly.

Speaking of old mini series, anyone remember "wild palms"? That was kind of a weird one. When apple releases their VR headset peopel might notice that series again.

View: https://youtu.be/1e0s3hHRsQs?si=r87Kzqhnz9hy9iB0

Last Edited:
I did survive a real civil war in Croatia and Bosnia (Former Yugoslavia) from 91 to 95. I do not wish anyone to go through that horror. A couple of years ago I was visiting my mom in Croatia and she pulled out some old family pictures, and one of them was a picture from a trip made with my high-school class. Every third person in that picture died in the war or few years after the war (mostly from suicide or alcohol addiction). I do not believe a civil war is possible any time in foreseen future here in the US. People here have too much food and comfy life to fight. Many would probably die from heart attach before battles. Good times produce weak men. Only people who suffer for long periods are willing to fight.

I did survive a real civil war in Croatia and Bosnia (Former Yugoslavia) from 91 to 95. I do not wish anyone to go through that horror. A couple of years ago I was visiting my mom in Croatia and she pulled out some old family pictures, and one of them was a picture from a trip made with my high-school class. Every third person in that picture died in the war or few years after the war (mostly from suicide or alcohol addiction). I do not believe a civil war is possible any time in foreseen future here in the US. People here have too much food and comfy life to fight. Many would probably die from heart attach before battles. Good times produce weak men. Only people who suffer for long periods are willing to fight.
I am glad that you survived that war, many didn't. I agree with most you wrote, however, at least widespread unrest is more possible now than in any recent times due to less food and comfy life that more people are experiencing for the first time in their life. The typical American has $1200 in their savings account, and food on hand for maybe a month at the most? The first things that will crash after these reserves are depleted, will be the food bank and other nonprofit and government assistance programs , unable to assist the sudden and massive increase in demand.

If panic sets in, any and all places known to store food will be emptied in less than 48hrs.
I've seen several times how fast the shelves got emptied(within hours) just because the weatherman announced an incoming 3 day blizzard.
How long that food is going to last? and when the food is gone, that comfy life doesn't feel so comfy anymore. Then people will fight. When people don't eat for few days the survival instinct kicks in (I know, I've been there), some will become "creative", some will trade things they own for things they need, some will try to steal/loot, and many will gang up together(raiders) and take anything they want by force.
The only people who will last longer will be some preppers who will hunker down, and people who organize themselves in greater numbers in communities/neighborhoods, or in less populated areas.

I've never seen the country so divided, the government grabbing so much power and having tyrannical tendencies, the number of people brainwashed by media and unable to think for themselves, politicians corrupt to the core, law and order at unfathomable low levels/judicial system bought out and in disarray, and financial/economic uncertainty, all of which are not getting better.

If we don't change course, and very soon, something is going to break, and things will get alot worse than the war you survived. Because people here are less resilient than ever, they will fall harder from much higher levels of comfort, they will be less mentally/emotionally prepared (the phrase "safe space", and "scream rooms" were invented in this country by intolerant entitled Karens and SoiBoys who were bombarded daily growing up by the news anchors with :"Attention, the following sounds or images might have an emotional effect on you" ), and they will be more angry and more vindictive for the many sudden unpleasantries happening in their lives.

Why that might make it worse than you've ever seen? it's also because ALOT of people besides military, have/will have guns. More than in most places on earth.

With that being said, do not despair. There are still plenty of good people with harts of gold here in this great country. Americans always come together to help each other when times are bad.
Just be sure to stay on the right/good side, prepare yourself, and be willing to share/trade things and skills that you have.

I have 2 Millenial adult progeny. Both raised around and trained with firearms.

I gifted my son a shotgun, an M&P 45, Browning Hi-Power and a 357 revolver for his liberal wife who won't allow him to inherit any mag fed rifles. My daughter accepted a 38 but wants nothing more. The best parts of my collection will end up for sale, eventually. Their loss in more ways than one.
If you are adopting I don't have a dad and I LOVE magazine fed devices of all sizes and calibers!

I do not believe a civil war is possible any time in foreseen future here in the US. People here have too much food and comfy life to fight. Many would probably die from heart attach before battles. Good times produce weak men. Only people who suffer for long periods are willing to fight.
^^This is an excellent post and 100% true IMO.

As long as there is internet and electricity and warm pizzas are being delivered nobody is going to do anything. Even if people lose their businesses and their life savings and their kids can't read, they still will not do anything. Covid proved that.

oregunian2.png

^^This is an excellent post and 100% true IMO.

As long as there is internet and electricity and warm pizzas are being delivered nobody is going to do anything. Even if people lose their businesses and their life savings and their kids can't read, they still will not do anything. Covid proved that.
Thanks for your reply, which I agree 100%.

I am glad that you survived that war, many didn't. I agree with most you wrote, however, at least widespread unrest is more possible now than in any recent times due to less food and comfy life that more people are experiencing for the first time in their life. The typical American has $1200 in their savings account, and food on hand for maybe a month at the most? The first things that will crash after these reserves are depleted, will be the food bank and other nonprofit and government assistance programs , unable to assist the sudden and massive increase in demand.

If panic sets in, any and all places known to store food will be emptied in less than 48hrs.
I've seen several times how fast the shelves got emptied(within hours) just because the weatherman announced an incoming 3 day blizzard.
How long that food is going to last? and when the food is gone, that comfy life doesn't feel so comfy anymore. Then people will fight. When people don't eat for few days the survival instinct kicks in (I know, I've been there), some will become "creative", some will trade things they own for things they need, some will try to steal/loot, and many will gang up together(raiders) and take anything they want by force.
The only people who will last longer will be some preppers who will hunker down, and people who organize themselves in greater numbers in communities/neighborhoods, or in less populated areas.

I've never seen the country so divided, the government grabbing so much power and having tyrannical tendencies, the number of people brainwashed by media and unable to think for themselves, politicians corrupt to the core, law and order at unfathomable low levels/judicial system bought out and in disarray, and financial/economic uncertainty, all of which are not getting better.

If we don't change course, and very soon, something is going to break, and things will get alot worse than the war you survived. Because people here are less resilient than ever, they will fall harder from much higher levels of comfort, they will be less mentally/emotionally prepared (the phrase "safe space", and "scream rooms" were invented in this country by intolerant entitled Karens and SoiBoys who were bombarded daily growing up by the news anchors with :"Attention, the following sounds or images might have an emotional effect on you" ), and they will be more angry and more vindictive for the many sudden unpleasantries happening in their lives.

Why that might make it worse than you've ever seen? it's also because ALOT of people besides military, have/will have guns. More than in most places on earth.

With that being said, do not despair. There are still plenty of good people with harts of gold here in this great country. Americans always come together to help each other when times are bad.
Just be sure to stay on the right/good side, prepare yourself, and be willing to share/trade things and skills that you have.
Also agree..but when toilet paper runs out, people lose their sh&t.
Give it few more years and people won't know how to wipe their asses with toilet paper without a phone app.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top