JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
People are ready to kill other Americans who are ALSO just getting by, while those at the top who never worry about paying their bills, all hang out, intermarry, and laugh all the way to the bank as they pile up more and more wealth. They've rigged a good game on Team Blue and Team Red fighting each other...while they are all on Team Green raking in the cash.

People are ready to kill other Americans who are ALSO just getting by, while those at the top who never worry about paying their bills, all hang out, intermarry, and laugh all the way to the bank as they pile up more and more wealth. They've rigged a good game on Team Blue and Team Red fighting each other...while they are all on Team Green raking in the cash.
Oh no red and blue intermarry! :p :s0108:

wizard_of_oz.jpg

I'll bet a full case of Nuka-Cola that those street people will have a better per capita survival rate then the majority of people, including the urban preppers, in this bizarre fantasy cosplay

I'll bet a full case of Nuka-Cola that those street people will have a better per capita survival rate then the majority of people, including the urban preppers, in this bizarre fantasy cosplay
They are already there. But when the withdrawals set in from the dwindling copium supply, the entertainment shall commence!

I'll take that bet. Although they may superficially appear to have survival skills because they live in tents, they are dependent on the welfare state and the NGOs that feed them, deliver the cash with which they buy their drugs, hand out the free needles, the Narcan when they OD, and on and on, right down to providing the free tents and sleeping bags. I'd say they have a snowball's chance in Hades of making it on their own.

I'll take that bet. Although they may superficially appear to have survival skills because they live in tents, they are dependent on the welfare state and the NGOs that feed them, deliver the cash with which they buy their drugs, hand out the free needles, the Narcan when they OD, and on and on, right down to providing the free tents and sleeping bags. I'd say they have a snowball's chance in Hades of making it on their own.
Mostly true.
I have seen some harda$$ bums before.

As it was touched upon, there was research conducted into how the addicts, and their suppliers, responded before and during the chaos of Hurricane Katrina: Drug markets during the Katrina disaster (PDF version here). Continued consumption of their illicit substance(s) trumped helpful survival steps; not the least of which getting out of dodge. Unsurprisingly, looting was also a factor.

Well, I'm sure our "leadership" has gone to great lengths to ensure the survival of themselves, their friends, family and major donors. :rolleyes:

Explain how wealthy people in the South benefitted from the American Civil War.

Explain how wealthy people in the South benefitted from the American Civil War.
Rhett Butler did well for himself, despite his lousy choices in women...

Seriously, though, I doubt the conspiracies being bandied about here weren't happening back then other than the general attitude of FTP that is part of upper class conditioning.

I recall in the miniseries "Jericho" where there was a US civil war and Texas was an independent third nation. Really interesting premise in that mini series with some excellent acting (major dad actor Sol from the movie snatch) and some not so great acting. Kind of a soap opera feel to it which is too bad. They set off nukes in key cities as part of a coup and there was a virus that large corporations controlled the vaccine for. I think it was made in 2003ish.

Small remote town had to reconstruct itself basically after being cut off from outside world after the nukes, all the while not knowing what was going on in the country or why.

Despite the shortcomings all the stuff you might see in a SHTF scenario is there, no communications, food, power. People trying to survive, maintain order etc. flipping intense show as I recall.
I do recall that it was not a civil war but a terrorist act by the hands of extremists. It was meant to try and spark a power grab by nefarious groups in the government which were trying to fill the power vacuum. It was a great show and I wish they allowed it to continue.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR