JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

... a customer in the Gobi Desert wrapped the jacket around his camel; once it warmed up, "he put the jacket back on and was warm for the night

By now you've probably heard of the coming graphene revolution. Perhaps it was in 2004, when a team of scientists at the University of Manchester in England announced they'd isolated a carbon-based supermaterial just one atom thick but more than 160 times stronger than steel. It could pass electrical signals 250 times faster than silicon and conduct heat 10 times more efficiently than copper.

Or maybe you heard about it in 2010, when the same team won a Nobel Prize in Physics "for groundbreaking experiments regarding the two-dimensional material." Since then, businesses worldwide have salivatedover graphene's technical and commercial possibilities, but barriers—including scale, quality control, and cost—have delayed those promises until now.

example product:
Graphene Jacket. Part jacket. Part science experiment. Made with the only material in the world with a Nobel Prize. | Vollebak

Look for this material in the coming years in more clothing and other consumer goods. Say, boot soles.

Last Edited:
OK then I'll give it to him. LOL
I'm saying he could make something useful of the fabric.
I was going into Portland last night to do some charity work. Wife says to me, "Please don't go looking like a hunter woodsman, ready to kill something." I'm at a location, chatting and smiling, and thinking, "I wonder how bent out of shape they would get if they knew I was carrying."

What I read in the link sounded like 99.99% marketing hype and .01% science.

For $1000 you can brag to your hipster friends that you own one of the "First Graphine Jackets ever made!!!"

Hipster friends?

Don't have a one.

Not all my friends carry guns, but most do and everyone of them thinks self-defense a good idea, even if self-defense is rejected by dem/commie types.

Given, I'm new here and don't know, does this site get spammed often or just once in awhile?

Holy crap RicinOr, SIGN ME UP! Than k you for sharing that!

"This allows the company to create nano-sized fibers small enough for air permeability, but too small for water to seep through......With the highest level of cubic feet per minute of airflow and highest moisture vapor transmission rate of any waterproof fabric ever tested. That means, that while waterproof, The North Face finally solved the breathability problem."

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top