JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it is critical to be selective of who is in your "group". So far, we have two engineers, two nurses, one doctor, and two Horticulturists. The rest are members of their families. We all have our tasks and responsibilities for a SHTF scenario, and we are very careful of who we invite.

I think it is critical to be selective of who is in your "group". So far, we have two engineers, two nurses, one doctor, and two Horticulturists. The rest are members of their families. We all have our tasks and responsibilities for a SHTF scenario, and we are very careful of who we invite.

Any of them have any combat military expertise? In a SHTF it woild be nice to know they can fight. If they can't fight then what is to stop them from selling their skills to a better group that will protect them? Security is what everyone would look for.

jj

What no Lawyer.!!...:s0114:

Any of them have any combat military expertise? In a SHTF it woild be nice to know they can fight. If they can't fight then what is to stop them from selling their skills to a better group that will protect them? Security is what everyone would look for.

jj

We have two LEO's, one ex NG, an RN, a nurse's aid, and a couple of boys who are experienced woodsmen and hunters. We have no inexperienced city boys. Also, in addition to our group, all of my neighbors are at least experienced woodsmen and hunters, and some are ex military.

Sounds like you got a good setup Gunner. I admire your attention to detail. Most people are 50% ers. They never go far enough that it would make a difference so they may as well never have started.

My neighborhood is all the group I need. I have cultivated trust and friendship. I won't run away from that and will DRH defending it.

jj

jj

We all grew up on farms, and have hunting/shooting experience. My dad is a vet, and my cousin is active duty. I'm the biggest "firearm enthusiast" and can hold my own. I would be nice to have some with more real world combat experience, but I think we're headed in the right direction.

No. They will all be busy at a burned out courthouses, trying to sue people for violating environmental rules.

They will be pretty dang useless and hopeless if society breaks down, I'd guess.

I take exception to that! I understand the bad wrap lawyers get, believe me: I know and work with a lot of them! But as a lawyer myself, I also know that most individuals, no matter what their job is, have a wealth of life experiences that define their character.

In case the SHTF, I for one won't be anywhere near a courthouse. I will be trying to help my family get to a safe place. I won't be practicing law, but I will be using the analytical skills I have developed as a lawyer to constantly assess and negotiate my environment and the people in it. One skill I have become quite adept at is judging character. A useful skill indeed in a SHTF scenario.;)

I take exception to that! I understand the bad wrap lawyers get, believe me: I know and work with a lot of them! But as a lawyer myself, I also know that most individuals, no matter what their job is, have a wealth of life experiences that define their character.

In case the SHTF, I for one won't be anywhere near a courthouse. I will be trying to help my family get to a safe place. I won't be practicing law, but I will be using the analytical skills I have developed as a lawyer to constantly assess and negotiate my environment and the people in it. One skill I have become quite adept at is judging character. A useful skill indeed in a SHTF scenario.;)

I was just kidding, and wildly exaggerating. :)

I do however know a lot of "suits" who couldn't take care of themselves. I'm talking about real city boys who have no survival skills if they lose the benefits of civilization.

I, on the other hand, wouldn't know how to survive today in downtown Manhattan, and I'm proud of that. :D

:s0131: Boy I'am glad I'am not the one who started that, :s0114:

Is this the kind of "bad wrap" you get? How kinky. :D

SaranWrap.png

LOLOL:s0114:

Great poster, and post. I wasn't really offended, just sticking up for myself in good humor. Hope everyone had a great turkey day!!

And . . . if I was in a group when shtf, I hope and pray it's mostly comprised of NWFA or likeminded folks.

I have read through most of the forum. Under what circumstances are all of you thinking will cause this shtf scenario!! Obahmacare? Total monetary collapse due to the dollar crashing? Russia or China invading??:huh:

I have read through most of the forum. Under what circumstances are all of you thinking will cause this shtf scenario!! Obahmacare? Total monetary collapse due to the dollar crashing? Russia or China invading??:huh:

This thread is about putting together a survival group and what that should look like. Instead of accidentally hijacking the thread with another topic about "why," why don't you start a new thread? I'm not knocking your question; I think it's a good one and worthy of its own thread but not on-topic here.

$.02

The question of what type of situation is the reason I started this thread, I am very prepared, however it is impossible to be prepaired for everything. Different people would have different ideas on what they should have, if a tornado hit Salem Oregon, and all gas stations were closed and the power was out, you would probably be happy that your neighbor had a chainsaw and fuel, and if there was Nuc fall out my freinds would be really happy the I have lots od iodine. This what I am getting at. I don want to build a military, simply said 4 is 2, 2is 1,and 1 is none this holds true with people as well as gear.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews