JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Surrounding protesters start smashing up your car. You fear for your life. What can you legally do?

I don't know various State laws on this. Accurate commentary appreciated for the benefit of all.

from the article:

What does the law say?
The quick answer is that a motor vehicle is pretty much universally considered a deadly weapon if a driver uses one to purposely hit another person. Therefore a driver has to be acting in self-defense and in fear for his life or serious bodily injury to do so.

So, if protesters are sitting on a hood and scratching the side panels with their keys, then no — a driver can't plow through them. The protesters' crimes don't match up with the driver's crime.

But if protesters are shattering a windshield with bricks or baseball bats? If they're brandishing other weapons? If they're threatening to grab the driver and drag him from the car? That's a different ballgame.

'How serious is this mob?'
TheBlaze spoke to Nashville criminal defense attorney Kevin Kelly of Eastside Legal, LLP, who said Tennessee law includes a "solid self-defense statute."

In the case of a driver surrounded by protesters, Kelly said there "has to be reasonable belief on the part of the guy in the car that he's in danger of imminent bodily injury" for him to hit anybody.

He also said drivers need to ask themselves other questions: "How serious is this mob? Are they armed? Do they have bats?"

In Tennessee, Kelly said there's a kind of "stand-your-ground law" that dictates a person doesn't have to retreat from a scene if the person has the right to be in that location. And again, he said, whatever force a person defending himself uses can't exceed the force that's threatening him.

"Is the crowd loud, angry and large?" Kelly asked. He replied that if it is, that's not enough of a reason for the motorist to drive into the crowd.

You need one of these.
Also: Chainsaw on a bus? Great idea!
The again, maybe that's not such a great idea.

Any city large enough to have a protest will be firmly controlled by the Democrat party. Therefore any amount of force will be considered excessive and you will be arrested and charged with a crime.
If your state also happens to be controlled by the Democrat party you will be convicted of that crime and go to prison where the Democrat party is also firmly in control.

Any city large enough to have a protest will be firmly controlled by the Democrat party. Therefore any amount of force will be considered excessive and you will be arrested and charged with a crime.
If your state also happens to be controlled by the Democrat party you will be convicted of that crime and go to prison where the Democrat party is also firmly in control.

Sad, but I feel this would be true.

All this sounds like just another reason NOT to attend these things.

One time my boss tried to scedule me to work on the HVAC equipment at the Marriot on SW 5th & Oak on the same day that a protest was scheduled to take place in that area.

I said, "fine but don't be surprised to see my 9' tall company Sprinter van be splashed all over the news for doing what needs doing if I'm getting blocked in by those motherbubblegummers."

He rescheduled the job for another day.... ;)

Last Edited:

4 years ago in the Democratically controlled state of New York a motorcycle gang caused an accident and immediately started smashing the vehicle that minorly collided with a cyclist. The driver of the vehicle fearing for his life and his families life (he had a wife and 3yr old in the vehicle) having no other choice accelerated to get away plowing thru the bikes and riders paralyzing for life one of the riders (who wasn't beating his vehicle). A total of 15 people (riders) were arrested and charged and at least 5 of those convicted of various felonies and sentenced to prison.

The driver of the vehicle was never charged with a crime.

Spoken like a true Conservative and I applaud you Sir! The "Dims" consider it a slur to call it the "Democrat" party, not "Democratic", even though it is grammatically correct. It actually shows how UN-intelligent they are.

RIOT situations....are a far different situation. Of course the LEFT and the MEDIA frequently proclaims them to be "peaceful protestors" and their cause/behavior to be "justifiable." Sorry. But IMHO, I think that I can be a better judge of what's happening....if it were happening to me.

Think: Reginald Denny

If you don't remember him: Attack on Reginald Denny - Wikipedia

So, what would you have done.....if you had a CCW (as Denny or as a citizen walking by)?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Big difference in bikers vs liberal protestors imo but yea if your in danger you have a 2 ton+ option to get you out of it;).

I dont see a difference, the net result is the same effect. At least 2 bikers were charged and convicted of riot.

The bottom line is the same as any self defense situation, your going to be judged by the reasonable man doctrine.

Last Edited:
Now I really need that heavy duty bumper for my 06 diesel 4x4 quad cab long bed pothole filler.

Something like this one sure would be nice.
FusionBumper20060904.jpg

1- Smoke grenades or discharge a dry type fire extinguisher to obscure what are probably dozens of cell phones videoing.
2- Turn up your car stereo playing a cd of a crowd chanting "death, death, kill them all"
2- Step on gas in reverse
3- Step on gas in drive
4- repeat 2 & 3 as necessary.
5- dispose of the cd when you get to safety.
:eek:

Last Edited:

Really like these!!! Snowflakes and other life losers are very sophisticated nowadays, so you should have a tube of construction adhesive to squirt around the grip area before you drop it!

I've taken a facetious line on this post, mostly 'cause I always do! ;) However,

1. I wouldn't be caught dead anywhere even remotely likely to have a riot! And, that's right, riot not protest! I'm retired so easy enough to accomplish.
2. There is nothing these pukes can do to my car that will trigger a response from me. I haven't panicked lately! I think I was eight years old last time.
3. My trigger would be when glass starts flying in, flames start or something gets pried open! All bets are off then. Especially if wife or family is with me!
4. To the local and state governments, I have lung cancer. If against all odds violent action were to become a necessity not only would there be some massive blotter work to do, but you hippy loving jerks would get to pay for my treatment and chemo drugs and I'd never see a day in prison! Scary thought, huh?

AMProducts, this is an excellent thread! Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews