JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you were preplanning, you'd have that Hillary bumper sticker on a long time before you were swarmed. BTW, how is it that no one grabbed a bunch of Trump stickers to plaster directly over all of the Hillary and Obama bumper stickers so that the protestors would have something to focus on?

In any incident where you are surrounded by people who are banging on your car and preventing you from moving and behaving in a hostile and belligerent manner, and any average person having seen the riots of L.A. on TV and else where, one could easily understand that person panicking and driving through the crowd. Just remember that the first person to call 911 is usually perceived as the innocent one by the police.

RIOT situations....are a far different situation. Of course the LEFT and the MEDIA frequently proclaims them to be "peaceful protestors" and their cause/behavior to be "justifiable." Sorry. But IMHO, I think that I can be a better judge of what's happening....if it were happening to me.

Think: Reginald Denny

If you don't remember him: Attack on Reginald Denny - Wikipedia

So, what would you have done.....if you had a CCW (as Denny or as a citizen walking by)?

Aloha, Mark
I remember the Reginald Denny attack - it was brutal and uncalled for, dude was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The most deplorable thing about that incident - LAPD, EMTs and LAFD had already made a decision to stay away from the hot-zones.

If they are an aggressive crowd and blocking your egress, I putting pedal down.

It would also depend if my kids were with me.
If kids are in the car and they start beating on the car/windows It's GTFO by any means possible.

If it's just me, then I will put up with a lot, but I will blare country music and my horn and if they try to bust the windows, shots will be fired and the pedal will stay on the floor until I get home
>>>blare country music
Ever see "Mars Attacks"....

Surrounding protesters start smashing up your car. You fear for your life. What can you legally do?

I don't know various State laws on this. Accurate commentary appreciated for the benefit of all.

from the article:

What does the law say?
The quick answer is that a motor vehicle is pretty much universally considered a deadly weapon if a driver uses one to purposely hit another person. Therefore a driver has to be acting in self-defense and in fear for his life or serious bodily injury to do so.

So, if protesters are sitting on a hood and scratching the side panels with their keys, then no — a driver can't plow through them. The protesters' crimes don't match up with the driver's crime.

But if protesters are shattering a windshield with bricks or baseball bats? If they're brandishing other weapons? If they're threatening to grab the driver and drag him from the car? That's a different ballgame.

'How serious is this mob?'
TheBlaze spoke to Nashville criminal defense attorney Kevin Kelly of Eastside Legal, LLP, who said Tennessee law includes a "solid self-defense statute."

In the case of a driver surrounded by protesters, Kelly said there "has to be reasonable belief on the part of the guy in the car that he's in danger of imminent bodily injury" for him to hit anybody.

He also said drivers need to ask themselves other questions: "How serious is this mob? Are they armed? Do they have bats?"

In Tennessee, Kelly said there's a kind of "stand-your-ground law" that dictates a person doesn't have to retreat from a scene if the person has the right to be in that location. And again, he said, whatever force a person defending himself uses can't exceed the force that's threatening him.

"Is the crowd loud, angry and large?" Kelly asked. He replied that if it is, that's not enough of a reason for the motorist to drive into the crowd.

Upon reflection of the "Stand Your Ground" laws, I believe they do nothing other than protect potential victims. All states should have stand your ground laws. The idea that you can debate whether or not the victim of an attack tried to egress the situation is not good. If someone has means and intent, you should not have to wait to die to defend yourself. In the case with mobs of violent protestors I believe it warrants self defense if there is intent and means. We had BLM here pushing the most liberal police chief in our state around like a bubblegum in the streets, it was a disgrace. Damn criminal if you ask me. I would like to see mobs of protestors demanding better healthcare, or better insterest rates and more banking checks and balances, and maybe demanding that our politicians make better decisions and stop squandering our tax dollars on crap investments and pissing away all our money. But that's too complicated, and race is easier to get spun up over and it only suceeds in accomplishing nothing other than alienating us al from each other. The elite have won this battle and pretty effective at keeping us pissed off at each other and distracted enough so we can't get anything done. It's amazing that the NFL kneelers and a LaBronny and a few other libs stirred the pot a day prior to the GOP failing to repeal Obama-care. It's all orchestrated...

I don't think anyone, who is of sane mind, and understands the meaning of the word circumspect, would be anywhere near one of these "idiots only" gatherings.
Only from the top of a tall, well-secured building, with plenty of tear-gas grenades to rain the pain. And even then, I'd still rather be as far away as possible instead...

Since moving to Vancouver almost 2 years ago the only reason I go to Portland is for my doctors appointments, 4 a year. Other than that I stay on the North side of the Columbia River and like it that way. Every time I go there I get this depressing feeling, like a sense of doom. This is from a person who spent the first 64 years of his life living in the same 2 square mile area of Portland from 1951 to 2015. My wife has a job near the Airport so she has to go to Portland but only on the fringe. She is like me living the the first 54 years of her life in the same area as me. And she enjoys living in Vancouver as much or more than me and detests Portland also. It used to be a good place 45-60 years ago but not today.

I thought this way about Vancouver BUT Vancouver is changing fast , just a few weeks ago downtown Vancouver was over run by a bunch of protesters from Portland , they are coming across the river I wish that Vancouver Police would be harder on them unlike Portland Police and Portland Officials that seem to support it,
I believe there was a guy that backed up his truck and maneuvered a bit to fast as the portland masked guys were beating on his truck and the Vancouver police arrested the guy in the truck not the masked guys from portland so it is on its way here unless Vancouver Police is willing to stop them ,
Got's to keep a lookout seems the Law is on their side if something goes down :(

I thought this way about Vancouver BUT Vancouver is changing fast , just a few weeks ago downtown Vancouver was over run by a bunch of protesters from Portland , they are coming across the river I wish that Vancouver Police would be harder on them unlike Portland Police and Portland Officials that seem to support it,
I believe there was a guy that backed up his truck and maneuvered a bit to fast as the portland masked guys were beating on his truck and the Vancouver police arrested the guy in the truck not the masked guys from portland so it is on its way here unless Vancouver Police is willing to stop them ,
Got's to keep a lookout seems the Law is on their side if something goes down :(

JoJo have you got a link to the story of this? Thanks.

I will save myself and my loved ones first and foremost and way I see fit. When we are all safe at the end, then I can deal with the legal ramifications. That said, I won't go off half cocked either. It would take a real serious threat to get me to take another's life.

Every time I drive down I-84 through Portland I fear for my life. No protesters needed, just clueless texting idiots trying to harm me.

I will save myself and my loved ones first and foremost and way I see fit. When we are all safe at the end, then I can deal with the legal ramifications. That said, I won't go off half cocked either. It would take a real serious threat to get me to take another's life.
I don't think any of us, as responsible gun owners, is itching to pull the trigger in self-defense. It would have to be a grave matter, and even then, I'm sure the (moral) ramifications would last a lifetime.

Lots of good stuff here - I'm grateful for the sage advice of the old-timers on this board

One time my boss tried to scedule me to work on the HVAC equipment at the Marriot on SW 5th & Oak on the same day that a protest was scheduled to take place in that area.

I said, "fine but don't be surprised to see my 9' tall company Sprinter van be splashed all over the news for doing what needs doing if I'm getting blocked in by those motherbubblegummers."

He rescheduled the job for another day.... ;)

Working in Oregon, you're lucky your boss didn't order you to participate in the "protest" ("riot" for those that aren't liberals).

Protesters clash in Patriot Prayer demonstration on Vancouver waterfront
9 arrested after 'antifa' activists clash with far-right protesters in Oregon & Washington (PHOTOS)
you can google it sept 10th seems like it was a spill over from portland , its just best to stay home anymore
I would try to post a better link but northwest firearms website is working very slow for me ? the second link shows a video of the protest in downtown Vancouver , in this divide we are all affected , you would think with antifa openly stating NOV 4th protests coast to cost and threatening to overthrow the US GOV that the Law would come down on them , I just dont understand anymore I like many of you will stay home and watch TV maybe reload some ammo, but they are here in Vancouver too ...:(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top