JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Czech CZ-52(1953) Pistol chambered in 7.62x25mm. It shoots good, but has a horrible trigger, I plan on fixing it, but for the time being, it will strictly be a fun gun.

I also have a S&W Model 22(1921) revolver in .45 ACP. It shoots very good, and has a good trigger on it, it's my "Combat Gun"

I don't know if it would be consider "Surplus", But I also got a 1930 "Broomhandle" Mauser, and it as feed issues, but otherwise shoots good.

I'm wondering if old and/or Classic "Military" style pistols are any good.

I have also been considering a Makarov or a CZ-82 in the 9x18mm Chambering.

I used to have a CZ52 and didn't like it at all because of the trigger, mag release, and because it just wasn't any fun to shoot.

My broomhandle had feed issues when I first got it, but after changing out all the springs, it seems to work fine. (Haven't shot it much, and most of the rounds I put through it were just trying to come up with the lightest possible load that would reliably cycle the action). It's the coolest gun ever made IMHO, military or otherwise, but I worry about the bolt stop letting loose and sending the bolt back into my face everytime I pull the trigger, so that takes some of the fun out of shooting it.

My dad has a luger. I've only put a few rounds through it, but wasn't impressed with it. Lugers are still one of the coolest looking, most iconic handguns ever made, but as a shooter, I just don't see the appeal.

I haven't shot one, but P38s are suppose to be real accurate (and have a lousy trigger), and a lot of people consider makarovs to be one of the best shooting milsurp pistols there is.

A lot of people say good things about tokarevs too.

I think milsurps in general are going to be outclassed by most modern designs as far as ergos/accuracy/reliability/safety/etc goes, but the whole point of shooting old guns is for the historical value anyway. A C96 has more class and personality than any plastic gun ever will, but if I had to choose between a C96 and a glock for SD, I'd be going with the ugly, blocky plastic gun with no soul.

I have had acouple of CZ-82 and they have been reel nice shooters. I paid for hand pick ones when I order them. The 9x18 ammo can be hard to find locally. For the price I think the CZ-82 is nice pistol

I think milsurps in general are going to be outclassed by most modern designs as far as ergos/accuracy/reliability/safety/etc goes, but the whole point of shooting old guns is for the historical value anyway. A C96 has more class and personality than any plastic gun ever will, but if I had to choose between a C96 and a glock for SD, I'd be going with the ugly, blocky plastic gun with no soul.

You better take back what you said about my GORGEOUS Glock!! ;)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews