JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love 10mm 1911's. Or anything 10mm.

Seen a couple Tisas in basic state and 45 acp. I was impressed with the apparent quality, trigger and price. I like their 10mm offerings, especially the YUKON. Even though they are a seemingly great value, thats dependant on how they shoot.

I saw the thread by member "joken", but theres not much else.

Anyone?

It's not exactly what your thread is about, however if you're into 10mm 1911s, I suggest looking at the Magnum research MR1911G10. It's made by BUL Armory of Israel and it's a fantastic gun especially for the money. About a 3lb crisp trigger, front strap checkering, bull barrel with a full length guide rod and steel mainspring housing with aggressive G10 grips all for about $900.

I've been looking at Tisas models as well as otherTurkish offerings over many brands and I just haven't been wowed enough to buy a Turkish 1911 yet.... Don't know what I'm expecting, they just don't feel "right" to me for whatever reason

I like the fact that for $399 you get a fully forged slide/barrel/frame and no MIM parts plus they come with 2 mags. For a non base GI model, you can pick one with or without rail. 9/45/10. Mines been trouble free thus far. Every review that ive seen either video or written about has been absolutely positive.

Absolutely dunks on RIA.

Their PX9 Gen3 is another offering im looking that looks feature rich.

Last Edited:
It's not exactly what your thread is about, however if you're into 10mm 1911s, I suggest looking at the Magnum research MR1911G10. It's made by BUL Armory of Israel and it's a fantastic gun especially for the money. About a 3lb crisp trigger, front strap checkering, bull barrel with a full length guide rod and steel mainspring housing with aggressive G10 grips all for about $900.

I've been looking at Tisas models as well as otherTurkish offerings over many brands and I just haven't been wowed enough to buy a Turkish 1911 yet.... Don't know what I'm expecting, they just don't feel "right" to me for whatever reason
I tried the girsan hunter. It was a total POS.

EAA was worthless. Not only did they do nothing about its terrible lack of accuracy, but they charge for shipping both ways and DEMAND that it be overnight shipping from a FFL to a FFL. Total jackwagons! Luckily it was bought from Davidsons and they were great and stood behind it with their warranty.

Thanks for the headsup on the MR1911G. Seems that its a 5", and I was interested in the 4.25"

Dan Wesson makes the VBOB (BOBBED VALOR). Shes a favorite in my collection. But I'm very interested in the YUKON.
forgive my poor attempt at facetious humor above...
So does Fusion Firearms, note higher end 1911s. If the moneys the same Id go with DW or Fusion, but otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Tisa if there was a budget motivation. The Tisa commander has more higher end features than the Fusion Freedom Combat and is currently on sale at Midway for slightly less...

I just got the Tisas bobed 45 acp commander (they call it the Devil Ray) and like it very much. In fact I was shooting it back to back with my Rock Island Ultra Rock and liked it better than the Rock. If they made the Devil Ray in 38 Super I'd buy that one as well.

forgive my poor attempt at facetious humor above...
So does Fusion Firearms, note higher end 1911s. If the moneys the same Id go with DW or Fusion, but otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Tisa if there was a budget motivation. The Tisa commander has more higher end features than the Fusion Freedom Combat and is currently on sale at Midway for slightly less...

No worries. I appreciate all humor, whether I get it or not.

Like I said, I already have the VBOB but am interested in something lower cost to carry.

I recently picked up one of their GI style pistols recently (PSA had a Halloween sale, $299, I couldn't pass it up), so not a wealth of experience with it just yet… but really impressed thus far. Overall build quality is pretty excellent, reliability has been perfect (granted only 150 rounds fired so far). For the money, feels like a steal considering what you get. I did replace the grips with some postwar USGI grips (which fit perfectly without needing any sort of filling or sanding), the factory grips were just slightly off in color and feel.

34390852-ED38-4D6D-A4FF-EBCFB85A5B88.jpeg

Like I said, I already have the VBOB but am interested in something lower cost to carry.
Then get the Tisa. Ive never heard any bad reviews on them and the price is right for the features they include you wont get more for the money. A 10mm commander would make a great low(er) cost carry gun.

I've owned three TISAS 1911's (2 in 45 ACP and 1 in 9mm).
GREAT firearms. The fact that they are inexpensive just adds to the value.

I tried the girsan hunter. It was a total POS.

EAA was worthless. Not only did they do nothing about its terrible lack of accuracy, but they charge for shipping both ways and DEMAND that it be overnight shipping from a FFL to a FFL. Total jackwagons! Luckily it was bought from Davidsons and they were great and stood behind it with their warranty.

Thanks for the headsup on the MR1911G. Seems that its a 5", and I was interested in the 4.25"
I have a Girsan Hunter 10mm, absolutely love it, it shoots great and it has an incredibly smooth action. My current favorite of my 10mm pistols...

I like mine but have had some trouble, My advice is if you buy extra mags make sure they are colt brand.

My Devil Ray came with magazines with bump pads on them. My Ultra Rock has a mag well extension on it. I have a bunch of flush fit magazines that aren't long enough to work in the Rock Island. So I mixed and matched, now the Rock has 5 bump pad magazines and the Tisas has 10 flush fits. Even a blind squirrel get a nut once in a while.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top