JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rather than bragging about the high end gun(s) I own, I'll stick to the subject at hand.
I have a Tisas 1911. The basic GI model.
It runs perfectly. Never a bobble of any sort. No adjustments needed. GI trigger 4.5-5 pounds.
Nice CheckMate mags, identical to what they make for SA.
For the price (and probably a bit more) IMHO it can't be beat.
Of course, YMMV.

Rather than bragging about the high end gun(s) I own, I'll stick to the subject at hand.
I have a Tisas 1911. The basic GI model.
It runs perfectly. Never a bobble of any sort. No adjustments needed. GI trigger 4.5-5 pounds.
Nice CheckMate mags, identical to what they make for SA.
For the price (and probably a bit more) IMHO it can't be beat.
Of course, YMMV.
Nice humble brag

Sorry Terdog, can't help you directly since don't own a Tisas. As a general comment, however, I can say that Turkey has a first-class weapons industry (including the TAI TF Kaan, a fifth generation fighter) and that quality standard is reflected in my appreciation for the Turkish firearms I do own. They are very reliable and accurate, just plain work without fault. As a more external endorsement, I would also note that Weatherby has at least some of their shotguns manufactured in Turkey, which is saying something. I have absolutely no problem buying a Turkish firearm, and even recommend them. Others, of course, may see it differently.

I picked up a railed one not too long ago. Not a ton of rounds through it yet but its every bit as solid as my Kimber, nicer than the Rock Island.

No hesitation in getting another. Really wanting the GI for $300... But I have so many 1911 already

Screenshot_20231202-234902.png

I love 10mm 1911's. Or anything 10mm.

Seen a couple Tisas in basic state and 45 acp. I was impressed with the apparent quality, trigger and price. I like their 10mm offerings, especially the YUKON. Even though they are a seemingly great value, thats dependant on how they shoot.

I saw the thread by member "joken", but theres not much else.

Anyone?
I just fired a Yukon today 120 rounds . 100 S&B 180 gr flat point . I had 2 FTF out of those 100 . I fired 20 rounds of Sig Sauer 180 grain V- Crown with no issues . The checkering on the front strap is really nice and helps allot . Overall the fit and finish is great and is very well built . Best 620.00 I have spent in a long time

I have one, I'm happy with it. Especially at $330.

They're inexpensive because of low labor costs and the favorable Turkish Lira / US dollar exchange rate. Not because of low quality.

I just fired a Yukon today 120 rounds . 100 S&B 180 gr flat point . I had 2 FTF out of those 100 . I fired 20 rounds of Sig Sauer 180 grain V- Crown with no issues . The checkering on the front strap is really nice and helps allot . Overall the fit and finish is great and is very well built . Best 620.00 I have spent in a long time
Where'd you get it for that price?

I've got a few different Tisas 1911 in different calibers. None of them are the basic GI version; all have beavertails, etc. VERY nice guns for the money.

I'm not a big fan of ambidextrous safeties, so I've ordered non-ambi replacements for them and will be having a fitting party one of these days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top