JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've yet to shoot my 16" midlength A2 build.. on account of family (two small kids). And I haven't shot the Dissipator redo of my earlier 16" M4 Carbine (new low profile gas block, rifle length HGs and set screw front sight tower installed ahead of gas block); but I do know its a reliable shooter on the basis it was my first build and being the only AR I have owned, until the 6.5 Grendel and Midlength A2.

I've yet to shoot my 16" midlength A2 build.. on account of family (two small kids). And I haven't shot the Dissipator redo of my earlier 16" M4 Carbine (new low profile gas block, rifle length HGs and set screw front sight tower installed ahead of gas block); but I do know its a reliable shooter on the basis it was my first build and being the only AR I have owned, until the 6.5 Grendel and Midlength A2.
I am sad to say but counting frames and receivers, the list of firearms I own but haven't fired is likely longer than the fired list. I can thank Rev Knutters for inspiring me to grow my collection. On the plus side I have saved tons of money on ammo by not firing newly acquired items.

I recently was given an older DPMS ar15, can't find much info on it, A2 buttstock and an upper with riser as part of it. No forward assist, dust cover or shell deflector. Stainless 18" 1:9 barrel with no threads.

IMG_6445.jpeg IMG_6447.jpeg

I recently was given an older DPMS ar15, can't find much info on it, A2 buttstock and an upper with riser as part of it. No forward assist, dust cover or shell deflector. Stainless 18" 1:9 barrel with no threads.

View attachment 1816861 View attachment 1816862
That weird upper is the DPMS Hi-Rider. Not sure which specific model but my guess is that it was target/match rifle from the AWB era? Looks like a free float tube

Your correct the tube is free floating, just clears the gas block.

The stamping on the side of the lower is
D.P.M.S Inc
Becker, MN
Cal .223
Mod A15
Serial xxxxxxx

View attachment 1816861 View attachment 1816862

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews