JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering making an offer on an older DPMS AR15 with 16" unthreaded bull barrel. The barrel is not the stainless version that came on the Sweet 16 models but appears to be a regular phospated steel barrel. I am assuming it is a 1:9 twist and would be willing to accept the limitations that would come with that twist rate. How would these older DPMS barrels compare to the low budget brands made today?

1706486020708.png

LOL......

1706485739837.png

Note : I'm a WA resident.

--------THIS IS NOT AN OFFER TO BUY--------

Aloha, Mark

PS........

1706485946799.png

I bought one of those DPMS bull barrel, slick side uppers probably 15yrs ago. Heavy, but accurate (iirc, under moa with the right ammo). Big fireball with no flash hider. Still have it but haven't shot it in a long time. And very nose heavy.

Buy it. DPMS of St. Cloud MN became Luth-AR and theyre pretty good. Flat top receiver, correct?
Yes flat top, it has the A2 stock assy which looks odd with the 16" barrel and carbine length handguards. But overall it seems to be in decent shape. I don't think the barrel is Teflon over stainless but for $345 I can't complain.

Last Edited:
Yes flat top, it has the A2 stock assy which looks odd with the 16" barrel and carbine length handguards. But overall it seems to be in decent shape. I don't think the barrel is Teflon over stainless but for $345 I can't complain.
No front sight base? A railed gas block? Looks like this, no scope?

Lo-Pro Classic is the model 61625.jpg

Edit

"Lo-Pro Classic Carbine comes full of features. Its 16 inch bull barrel is made from 4140 chrome-moly steel and has 6 grooves and a right 1x9 twist"

From https://gun.deals/product/dpms-pant...bine-223556-16-barrel-30rds-686-free-shipping

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top