JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have 2 nieces 7 & 9. Thinking about buying them each a cricket. Brother in law is starting to teach them gun safety.

I plan on building them each an AR in the next few years, but I want to help him get them started.

Thinking a pink and purple one.

Are they worth it? Should I get them something else?
Is there an equivalent handgun? Like get one rifle and one handgun for training.

A little small for their ages.

I just looked that one up. I do like savage and it looks good.
I'd consider going straight to a real 22lr and skip the small one at that age. My 7yo is a little fella, and the 10/22 is too big for him. I suspect he'll grow into it soon though.

Crickets?? Are they good starters?

To me...
They're more like an after dinner "SNACK FOOD".

View: https://youtu.be/Y3NKGIeMjns?si=S366VfoEqK_cydNj

WAIT, Wait, wait.....

1707800699387.png

Aloha, Mark

I like the CZ Scout. You can swap stocks, and barrels on the current model (457) to grow with the user. Or use it as it comes, which still works ok for an adult.

I would suggest a 10/22 with a shortened stock that can be replaced with a bigger stock as they grow. You can find 1 round magazines for 'em, too. I own one. Plan to teach my niece/nephew that way.

I have 2 nieces 7 & 9. Thinking about buying them each a cricket. Brother in law is starting to teach them gun safety.

I plan on building them each an AR in the next few years, but I want to help him get them started.

Is there an equivalent handgun? Like get one rifle and one handgun for training.
Do you have a suppressor? If so the armscorp m14y youth rifle is excellent imo. About $130 and wood and metal. I have two of them and they are very accurate.

I would get a rifle not a handgun at that age. Much safer. They can move to a handgun later. Just my opinion.

Here is what the armscorp sounds like with a suppressor using cci quiets. That young removing the noise can be a help imo. Not crucial though of course.

I got my son an old Marlin 22lr mag fed bolt from an estate sale. I think it was $50 bucks. Cut the stock to fit his LOP. Kept the cut peice to reattach down the road. He got a 22lr bolt from his grandfather, but that one is still too big for him and not one I want to cut up.

Also, picked up one of these as a starting point for safety training and manual of arms.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top