JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking on getting suppressor for my Tavor x95, and one for my 22s, I live in Battleground Wash. is there a shop locally to help with the process, knowledge of suppressors and brands on hand to compare, I know Silencerco is a great source its hard to be a novice on the subject , dont feel comfortable doing it all online.

Regarding specifics, we are very happy with our Elite Iron Echo 6" .22rf cans. Stainless steel. Black. Easy take down for inside cleaning. All parts were available from the factory. Very quiet. Might be THE most quiet. Expensive. Full auto rated. We will be happy again repeat customers now waiting for the HPA to do its thing. They are very patient and helpful on the phone.

All Oregon, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

www.eliteiron.com

I am thinking on getting suppressor for my Tavor x95, and one for my 22s, I live in Battleground Wash. is there a shop locally to help with the process, knowledge of suppressors and brands on hand to compare, I know Silencerco is a great source its hard to be a novice on the subject , dont feel comfortable doing it all online.
Call Silencerco

I have a YHM Mite for my .22LR and the only thing I did to it was cerakote the inside white so I knew when it was clean. It gets dirty quickly and I never knew when it was clean. When I did my research for my 2nd, I went with a SilencerCo Osprey for my 9mm. I like it because of the offset and it has a bit more volume to dissipate the gas pressure.

Now I am looking at getting a 5.56 suppressor for my AR and I've been reading about the Saker from SilencerCo. The reason I am looking at that is that it the model I am looking at 762 supports up to 300 WinMag which is the bolt gun I am starting to look at parts to build.

There's my 2¢

The new Sig Ti-QD can's are the absolute best of all the cans I have.
Completely hearing safe to shoot my .338 inside a concrete walled room.
+ it kick's like a .308 !!!!

We have can's from these other MFG's and the Sig can's are hand's down the quietest.

*Rugged
*Silencerco
*Tactical solution's
*Gemtec

We do however shoot the heck out of the Silencerco Specwar's on M16's because the baffle's are Stellite.

They B bad Mo-Fo's Fow Show.
You wont be disappointed with one of the Sig can's.
awsm_zpsgpfk7zxb.jpg

ivw been waiting 8.5 months for my silencerco hybrid. i bought a multi cal can because i felt i was getting the most for my money. i plan on using it mainly for 300blk and 308win

Though I am a happy SWR/Silencerco owner I have to say that their recent layoff of half the crew has me a bit concerned about the future of the company, should also mention the exit of Mike Pappas and the next year, Henry Graham of SWR. Then the recent dropping from the vendors to Silencer Shop, probably the country's largest can dealer.

The Osprey .22 is a really cool concept, with the configurable size using modular baffles. And it's little, too. If I were in the market for a .22 suppressor I'd look really close at that one.

But the prospect of the Hearing Protection Act becoming a reality might be affecting all the manufacturers, as lots of prospective customers wait to see what happens before plunking down $500-or much more on an item that should really be about $250.00.

But the prospect of the Hearing Protection Act becoming a reality might be affecting all the manufacturers, as lots of prospective customers wait to see what happens before plunking down $500-or much more on an item that should really be about $250.00.

I don't think the price is going to change much on cans. If anything after the HPA passes they may go up in price as demand increases and the manufacturers try to keep up. The problem right now as I see it is that there are people holding on waiting for the HPA to pass to get the can they want. I'm a bit guilty of that, as I don't want to buy a can and then do the wait and then boom, HPA is law and now I wait to get my $200 back. I'm more or less looking at options for a 300WM rifle right now. My head is spinning with all the options I've been looking at.

I don't think the price is going to change much on cans. If anything after the HPA passes they may go up in price as demand increases and the manufacturers try to keep up. The problem right now as I see it is that there are people holding on waiting for the HPA to pass to get the can they want. I'm a bit guilty of that, as I don't want to buy a can and then do the wait and then boom, HPA is law and now I wait to get my $200 back. I'm more or less looking at options for a 300WM rifle right now. My head is spinning with all the options I've been looking at.

I've got a specwar on my 300WM Rem700 and find it pretty great (if not a bit heavy). In fact, it works so well that I at first thought I had a bad lot of ammo. I've also got a couple Omegas, a Sig SRD762Ti, a Saker 762, a Griffin 30SD and an AAC SR7 (and a Thunder Beast Ultra9 in 6.5mm) if you wan to get your hands on a few of the other options. However, for something like the 300WM, I think I'd trust the specwar the most.

I don't think the price is going to change much on cans.

That sure wasn't the case in France in 2008; as many know, France has no suppressor restrictions. A .22 can went for about $40 US and typical Gemtech-clone rifle cans were $140.00

Maybe price-fixing and 'market pressures' will make them more expensive than in Denmark or France but to expect anything but a decrease makes no sense to me considering much lower prices we've seen in Europe.

Last Edited:
That sure wasn't the case in France in 2008; as many know, France has no suppressor restrictions. A .22 can went for about $40 US and typical Gemtech-clone rifle cans were $140.00

Maybe price-fixing and 'market pressures' will make them more expensive than in Denmark or France but to expect anything but a decrease makes no sense to me considering much lower prices we've seen in Europe.
[/QUOTE]

Manufacturing is all about how many of something you want to make. If someone had to jump through the hoops it takes to buy a suppressor to buy a .22 rifle it would be just the same.The rifle would be MANY times what they cost now. If you are making something by the handful it's FAR more expensive per piece than if you are making 1000's of them. There is nothing to a suppressor that is space age or high tech. Take a look at any site showing what they are made of. If they were sold at a store like ammo the price would drop like a rock. Mass manufacturing would kick in.

I didn't say that the price wouldn't go down eventually. It is a market force. Look at .22lr ammunition. Sandy Hook happened and everybody started hording it like mad and the price went up. This can be applied to suppressors when/if the HPA gets passed. Everybody and their grandmothers are going to want suppressors so there is going to be A LOT of money chasing after a little supply. This will cause the price to either stay the same for the current stock or to rise. Once the amount of money chasing the limited supply of suppressors goes down, the price for suppressors will follow.

The price difference between France and the US on cans is explained simply by the market. There is a market for them in other countries where you don't have to jump through regulatory hoops to get them. I took a long time to finally get my first one because I didn't know if I wanted to wait that long. Once a market is developed in the states, I am sure the prices will drop. Using .22LR as and example, the price for it has finally started to drop since the amount of money chasing a limited supply has gone down.

Manufacturing is all about how many of something you want to make. If someone had to jump through the hoops it takes to buy a suppressor to buy a .22 rifle it would be just the same.The rifle would be MANY times what they cost now. If you are making something by the handful it's FAR more expensive per piece than if you are making 1000's of them. There is nothing to a suppressor that is space age or high tech. Take a look at any site showing what they are made of. If they were sold at a store like ammo the price would drop like a rock. Mass manufacturing would kick in.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you beat me to it. Plus I think I got too wordie.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top