JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am wanting to pic up a polymer carry gun with a stainless slide foe the days I am wearing a hoodie and do not need to scale sown to my Kahr PM40. Basically what I am wanting is a carry polymer with a little more capacity. I am considering a Springer XD40 Sub-Compact Bi-tone.

Anyone else have a suggestion? Keep in mind I want a sub-compact length grip. The barrel can be 3"-4".

I know this is kind of a cop-out suggestion, but if you're in the XD price range (4-500-ish) most of the weapons you find are going to be just peachy, I really like the way XD's fit my hand and the function in the one I owned was flawless regardless of what I fed it.

Its kinda hard to tell without trying if the bulk will drive you nuts IWB, if only it was socially acceptable to ask if you could stuff the merchandise down your pants at the store to see how it feels...

I'm glad somebody else is showing a little love to the FNP-9M, it's one of my favorite pistols. But it is not the best pistol for carry, due to lack of holster selection and the decocking levers are a bit bulky.

If you don't have to have a stainless slide my vote would go to the HK P2000sk, if you are stuck on stainless the XD is probably a pretty good choice.

This is my solution to that problem. XD40sc

XD40sc2.jpg

You checked out the S&W M&P compacts? They have a black stainless slide & shoot AWESOME. SO much so, I like shooting it much more than my Glock 22...less felt recoil...go figure. It fits my hand just perfect, too. It comes w/ 3 different back straps for the grip. It also is lighter than the xD's, and seems to be more 'compact.' (The xD's slide looks & feels too big imo). Its also made in America. I think the xD's have the lower imported?
YMMV...just go get a feel for a few.

We have a XD9 SC. Cannot say enough about the acccuracy and reliability of the firearm. Tough and user friendly. Haven't actually carried it though, as it is a bit heavier than I want to carry. We carry a Kahr CW9 or Walther PPS in .40.

One gun I rarely see anyone think about; FNP-9m

Agreed! I haven't shot one but played around with one at Sportsman's. That pistol will be high on my list when I can afford another pistol. It's gotten excellent reviews and seems to fill the void for guys that want a modern polymer gun but still have a traditional hammer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top