JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While most everybody was buying food and ammo, I made a quick run to an Oregon State Liquer store...only three other customers and plenty of bottles on the shelf. A couple of days ago I went to the dump. Big mistake. Most everybody who is hoarding toilet paper, Clorox wipes, 409, and ammo was there throwing away crap to make room for their hoarded stash.

While most everybody was buying food and ammo, I made a quick run to an Oregon State Liquer store...only three other customers and plenty of bottles on the shelf. A couple of days ago I went to the dump. Big mistake. Most everybody who is hoarding toilet paper, Clorox wipes, 409, and ammo was there throwing away crap to make room for their hoarded stash.

Some by everclear to make hansan. It does have at least a dual porpose use.

I extend you the courtesy of assuming you are not among those who are out there buying product of any kind, from actual retail stores for immediate resale.
Some retailers will definitely raise prices if this trend continues. Once again I restate that people who are doing this are just irritating,and I would rather they didn't share my favorite pastime.
In fact, I wonder how many ammo flippers actually enjoy shooting. I have plenty of mags and ammo right now, but if this nonsense snowballs again I will have to pause every time I want to burn up a case of 9mm with my kids.
Enjoy your time however you see fit , if it's feasible.
My enjoyment of this coming weekend is mildly diminished.

My $.02 on this aspect

I hope to be able to continue to go out and practice my handgun perishable skills. I've got plenty of reload components, but for IDPA matches I only use factory ammo. It will be a shame if I can't go, but we are all suffering and doing w/o for awhile.

Ethically, I don't approve of scalping. I don't care what anybody says about market forces... I believe in a free market and wouldn't stop anyone from setting the price they want, but I wouldn't do it, and shame on them.

Quote clipped for size not specific part.....

Just think gas prices during summer, nuff said........
Saw where gas went to $0.99/gallon in ... Kansas, I think it was...?
Article indicated that it was likely to drop to $1.90 nationwide before too long.
The Russkis and the Saudis are going at it pretty hard....
It was Kentucky, at a station long known for cheap gas prices. I knew it started with a "K"... o_O

Another source was quoted as saying that "...the national average price will drop to $1.25 to $1.50 in the next few months."

Wow! We're still at $2.89 here, have been for a long long time. Mom is paying $4.50 in Kali. Ugh.

Before anyone flames me for it, it's what I use for practice and USPSA comps. I have enough PD rounds to last me a lifetime. Or two...

500rds per match.... I had to quit USPSA. Plus, some of the scenarios were crazy, like trying to remember what color block to grab out of a bucket, run over and drop it in another bucket... what is this, the "Game Show"?

but if I recall my Boy Scout days, their motto was "Be Prepared".

I was a Scout... (no longer the "Boy" Scouts eh), maybe that's why I joined the service that has the motto "Semper Paratus".

You want others to quit buying and driving the prices up because you like to buy as you shoot?
The Hubris of that request is staggering

OK. But I'm buying TP as I need it because I don't wish to contribute to a shortage depriving another of what they need. Same thing with food. I really don't want others driving up the prices because I'm on a limited fixed income... so there's that. Hubris?

I might need a new dishwasher... I guess handwashing is in my future. :(:(:(
You could probably still get a dishwasher. People just made a run on self-preservation items.
The amount of people coming into my store over the last week has been staggering. Even more ridiculous is the amount of people that are saying things like "since I'm stuck working from home to avoid covid, may as well come to HD for some paint, wanna re-do my living room" or "my wife is sick in the hospital, and I'm bored. Just browsing".

You could probably still get a dishwasher. People just made a run on self-preservation items.
The amount of people coming into my store over the last week has been staggering. Even more ridiculous is the amount of people that are saying things like "since I'm stuck working from home to avoid covid, may as well come to HD for some paint, wanna re-do my living room" or "my wife is sick in the hospital, and I'm bored. Just browsing".

Not sure whether to put a "Wow" or a "Great Info" on this. I guess the first part is nice... the second is SMH!

I see on the news people in cali buying up guns. But with ammo back ground checks and wait times for firearms it seems like it would be a complicated ordeal .1 little blurp and its a nogo .or you have a gun and no ammo. Mabey after this some will see through the bull .washington now has a mess with 1639 .how can you take classes required to buy a gun when everything is shut down . If I lived iin wa . I would never sale a gun its to much trouble and not cost affective to replace it.
:s0136: .

Last Edited:
I see on the news people in cali buying up guns. But with ammo back ground checks and wait times for firearms it seems like it would be a complicated ordeal .1 little blurp and its a nogo .or you have a gun and no ammo. Mabey after this some will see through the bull .washington now has a mess with 1639 .how can you take classes required to buy a gun when everything is shut down .
:s0136: .
Online with Zoom :D

500rds per match.... I had to quit USPSA. Plus, some of the scenarios were crazy, like trying to remember what color block to grab out of a bucket, run over and drop it in another bucket... what is this, the "Game Show"?
Wow, how many stages do you run? We shoot about 1/3 of that amount in about 5 or 6 stages. Average of 14 targets, 2 shots/target, 6 stages = 170 rds.
Sure, I might take an extra shot if I know I missed a good hit, or a few extra pops at the swingers, but 500 rds/match? C'mon, bbb... :p

We have a comp once a month. Add in my practice rounds and I shoot about 350-400 rds/month just for USPSA-type stuff.
And WTH is this crap about picking up blocks and stuff? Where does the Match Director get off with that???? o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top