JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the people who have them probably don't fear shooting off a few boxes of rounds even when the panic buying starts.

You haven't been through a panic have you? I'm actually surprised there is still .22 left at all at this point! There was a time you couldn't find ANY for months, people buying bricks of subsonic for $100+, it was stupid. I don't know about everyone else but I easily use a couple of those 333 packs or a brick every time I bring out the .22 .

You haven't been through a panic have you? I'm actually surprised there is still .22 left at all at this point! There was a time you couldn't find ANY for months, people buying bricks of subsonic for $100+, it was stupid. I don't know about everyone else but I easily use a couple of those 333 packs or a brick every time I bring out the .22 .
I was referring more to people who had loaded up on it before the panic due to it being so cheap but yeah you're right I actually haven't been through a panic when it comes to buying ammo. Frankly, I'm still not sure I understand it as it relates to this virus. The panic is that the ammo will all be gone....and yet the panic is what CAUSES the ammo to be all gone. I guess if the Federal government followed the lead of Italy I might understand but there will still be more critical factors than just ammo.

I was referring more to people who had loaded up on it before the panic.
Frankly, I'm still not sure I understand it as it relates to this virus. The panic is that the ammo will all be gone....and yet the panic is what CAUSES the ammo to be all gone.

I see what your saying, I didn't stock up all that much on .22, maybe 3k rounds, meh.

You hit the nail right on the head, its self perpetuating panic. I understand ammo more than the TP.

I just really don't get the need for toilet paper hoarding. I'll admit ive been saying for years; how can a piece of soft paper clean your bubblegum. I can't clean the bubblegum off my shoe with a paper towel - I take a hose to them, just like I squirt my bubblegum with my bidet.o_O:D
:rolleyes:

I just called Oregon arms and ammo. They told me there is 1000 yes ONE THOUSAND people in NICs que...
I'd be more fascinated to know who those thousand people are. New gun owners? I can't imagine someone wanting a gun that badly that they would subject themselves to the frenzy...unless they didn't have one. I'm not much for waiting in long lines unless I absolutely need it.

Now if it were a thousand new gun owners, I'd actually be happy because you would THINK that's more people who will have a vested interest in gun rights in the state. You would think but who really knows?...

I use ammoseek exclusively yes it is way overpriced right now, Geco ammo is 234.99 for 1000, before this panic it was about $100 cheaper, if 9mm is going up that much and is this hard to find on the shelf, I'll put my favorite 9mm in storage for a while and shoot the pistol calibers that are easier to get off the shelf.

Here's a current link. 9mm Luger Ammo Am I missing something? Herters is $84.00 for 500 rounds, with low shipping. And if I read it right you get FREE shipping on 1000 ROUNDS! Where do yo get $234.00 for a 1000??

Last Edited:
None for months, and It was 3 years of severe shortages.

Sportsman's on 185th isn't any better. All 9/45/556 is gone. Only 40sw and 308 along with other hunting odd calibers remains. There's also a sign for a line to be formed/followed

I just had a buddy call to thank me for talking him into buying 3000 rounds a couple weeks ago, he said he was thinking of getting more until he saw the current madness prices.
I just made a buy back in January but then I buy every few months or so. I would have shot through a good part of it by now had I not been hospitalized with pancreatitis and pneumonia so I never got the opportunity.

Lets see.... if 6 people come through the front door with knives, and I put 3 bullets in each one, how long will a couple thousand rounds last?:s0153:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top