JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
9a696290a9c6013bedd4005056a9545d.jpg

Last Edited:
It's bacccccck............

Aloha, Mark

PS....... DO NOT take my posting here as "advice". The article is just an article. I am in NO WAY saying or predicting what will or will not come to pass.
Well somebody will be leaving office soon and I think confidence is inspired accordingly, but who knows. 🤞

S&P has been almost bipolar in that it's been acting as expected with normal market forces and then BOOM it goes "I don't know you!" and avoids common sense. The easy observation is that the world still hasn't recovered from Rona and might still require a few more years to hit more predictable normalcy.

S&P has been almost bipolar in that it's been acting as expected with normal market forces and then BOOM it goes "I don't know you!" and avoids common sense. The easy observation is that the world still hasn't recovered from Rona and might still require a few more years to hit more predictable normalcy.
Meanwhile my investments are making gains

I'm hearing two conflicting narratives.

1 Everything is great. Trillions of borrowed/printed dollars are going to create and support a great economy into the future.

2 Can't run a sustainable successful national economy without on shoring manufacturing, creating the human capital necessary to innovate/produce goods in every sector of our economy and assuring unlimited dependable inexpensive energy sources.

add...

Next year the US has to refinance/re issue $1.6 trillion in US backed debt.

Went shopping for a neat grinder last month. Getting into dried meats, sausages, salami and what not...Charcuterie. There is not a single stand alone power meat grinder produced in this country.....all the available brands are rebranded foreign machines (mostly Chinese)...that includes Meat! your Maker, Cabela's, The Sausage Maker, Lem, Weston, Backyard Pro.....and on and on.

10+ years ago in the book China RX the author indicated the US would have to train 88,000 research/manufacturing chemists to get back into the pharmaceutical business.

I don't think we're training the human capital for the long term win.

So, I'm wondering when the music will end....apparently I'm not alone.

Last Edited:
I am not sure exactly what as a country are going to do about it. This country collapses I think quite a few of us will be going down with it. I am going on 62 with possibly eight years till my retirement., Dont think I have time to start over. China might be in worse shape than us economically.

A lot of people think that all money "sent" to Ukraine was just that, money. In 2022, $24B went directly into the pockets of US citizens working in our arms industries to replace weapons sent to Ukraine with new weapons/ systems.

I'm hearing two conflicting narratives.

1 Everything is great. Trillions of borrowed/printed dollars are going to create and support a great economy into the future.

2 Can't run a sustainable successful national economy without on shoring manufacturing, creating the human capital necessary to innovate/produce goods in every sector of our economy and assuring unlimited dependable inexpensive energy sources.

add...

Next year the US has to refinance/re issue $1.6 trillion in US backed debt.

Went shopping for a neat grinder last month. Getting into dried meats, sausages, salami and what not...Charcuterie. There is not a single stand alone power meat grinder produced in this country.....all the available brands are rebranded foreign machines (mostly Chinese)...that includes Meat! your Maker, Cabela's, The Sausage Maker, Lem, Weston, Backyard Pro.....and on and on.

10+ years ago in the book China RX the author indicated the US would have to train 88,000 research/manufacturing chemists to get back into the pharmaceutical business.

I don't think we're training the human capital for the long term win.

So, I'm wondering when the music will end....apparently I'm not alone.
Well to be honest, if you think about it, a meat grinder is almost exactly the same thing as a buggy whip.

Lol

Meanwhile my investments are making gains
Easy to make gains when you buy the dips.

In 2020 I had never done anything in the stock market before and I saw the giant dip taking place and knew it was time to start using the market.

The American economy / fiscal policy can suck and the stock market can be making people gains, the are not entirely dependent on each-other. Especially when at the push of a button billions of dollars can be magically injected into the monetary supply.

All that is beside the point. When regular consumables and gas are up a significant percentage, getting marginal gains in the stock market is effectively meaningless.

In 2020 I had never done anything in the stock market before and I saw the giant dip taking place and knew it was time to start using the market.

The American economy / fiscal policy can suck and the stock market can be making people gains, the are not entirely dependent on each-other. Especially when at the push of a button billions of dollars can be magically injected into the monetary supply.

All that is beside the point. When regular consumables and gas are up a significant percentage, getting marginal gains in the stock market is effectively meaningless.
Is gas up? I know its up where yor'e at but its an artificial rise fuels by taxes and other non market variables. Where Im at its 30 cents more than it was in early 2019.

Is gas up? I know its up where yor'e at but its an artificial rise fuels by taxes and other non market variables.
Currently the 5th highest gas tax in the nation, behind Commiefauxnia, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and Indiana... Thanks, King Jackboot Jay... :rolleyes:

clicky to embiggen...

Gas tax rates_2023.png

Last Edited:
Is gas up? I know its up where yor'e at but its an artificial rise fuels by taxes and other non market variables. Where Im at its 30 cents more than it was in early 2019.
It depends on where and how you want to draw the line to compare. The dollar losing its purchasing power is a major issue.

Its not just tax. If it was you'd be paying 3 bucks a gallon to my $2.69.
I know that. But you also mentioned "...taxes and other non market variables...", which basically refers to state gas taxes and other boolscheet fee schemes. Washington state just added a "carbon auction" (hereafter CA) fee on the gas from our pumps on January 1 of this year. It was done quietly, with proponents saying, "It's not a new tax" (they called it a fee that was being charged to CO₂ producers in the state), so that its implementation "...would barely affect the price of gas..." as consumers saw it. Now that we've had nearly a full year to see the results of this fee scheme, recent studies have shown that this scheme has added another 45¢/gallon to our gas price. That's on top of the 49.4¢/gallon of state taxes we already pay... But all the charts will say that WA's gas tax rate is still (artificially) at 49.4¢/gallon, since the CA fee is defined as "not a tax" (same words used for the fine for not getting ObamaCare was "not a tax" - if you recall, the bill even said, "This tax is not a tax" :rolleyes: ), and so shouldn't be considered as part of the price we pay for gas (but it really is).

For those that don't know, the CA fee is a scheme where CO₂ producers in the state pay for their emissions. But of course, the producers of emissions are not going to eat the cost of those charges, so they're going to pass them onto the consumer (as always). And the way King Jackboot Jay found a way for them to do that is to put the charges in the price of gas. This whole scheme goes toward King Jay's mandate to remove all ICE cars from WA roads by 2035. He and his proponents of the scheme call it a fee. He doesn't even have to call it a tax. It's all in the weaseling of the words. Sweet, huh? :rolleyes:

EDIT:
Found it. This chart is from 7 years ago, back when we had a state gas tax of 49.4¢/gallon (like the map shows in this post, dated July 1, 2023). As I mentioned, this new (2023) CA fee that went into effect earlier this year is projected to add another 45¢/gallon (see link immediately above), positioning WA as the state with the highest state gas "tax" (actually, tax + fee) in the nation at 94.4¢/gallon, before we even get to the federal gas tax and other non-market variable schemes...

Gas tax_WA.jpg

Last Edited:

My 401k shows it has been increasing - good enough for me.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top