JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very little of which is his own, nor which he is committed to pay back personally. ;)

That is one reason he is so rich.

I wouldn't say very little of it was his own.

But IMO, whether it was his own money or others, he just basically "set it on fire". I doubt Twitter will survive in any meaningful way.

Meanwhile in China.

I heard today that the offer has gone up to $69 USD. Whatever, AAPL can afford it. BUT, But, but.....what is the latest about the CCP's Zero Covid Policy?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
What a difference a day makes.

The bad news is that the Dollar dropped a bit today against various Foreign Currencies. Yeah......in case you were thinking of a vacation in a foreign land.

Aloha, Mark

PS........
What were the numbers?

DOW closed up 1201 (+3.70%) = 33,715
S & P 500 closed up 208 (+5.54%) = 3,956
NASDAQ closed up 761 (+7.35%) = 11,114

Last Edited:
What a difference a day makes.

My IRAs increased by $19K today. But I am sure there will be a sell off soon too. I don't see the market steadily increasing anytime soon - but I hope I am wrong; some expenses have come up and I don't want to have to touch my IRAs at their current valuation.

Last Edited:
Graphs are fun.

fredgraph (1).png

R U Ready.......for the 2022 - Santa Clause rally?
That is......IF we get one.

Anyway......
Through out the years, I've been hearing many of you saying........to read, watch and listen to, "Dave Ramsey".

Well, I have my own "favorites".

So anyway, I've never really sat through a full video from Dave Ramsey. I might start. But, I usually ended up listening to Warren Buffet or Jim Cramer. YUP, I find their words......to be "entertaining" while they are giving advice.

BUT, But, but......
Today was different.

I was listening to some other YouTube video, while also watching the market on CNBC. So, when the YouTube video finished......the audio for this video caught my attention......

Yeah.....I thought I might have caught a stand up comedian (at first). BUT, I sat through all of it. Then, I watched it twice again. NOW, I get why some of you.....might have almost a RELIGIOUS like following for his words.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Yeah.....I thought I might have caught a stand up comedian (at first). BUT, I sat through all of it. Then, I watched it twice again. NOW, I get why some of you.....might have almost a RELIGIOUS like following for his words.
I'm not really big on religion for the most part, but Dave Ramsey does know how to hold an audience. And I don't mind the Scripture references, since I grew up on them, and it's good to be reminded of them from time to time. But I can't say it enough, how valuable the advice is that he gives to the "Everyman" American to get one's azz out of debt. Like he said in the video, it's gonna hurt, cuz you're gonna have to give up stuff that you think makes you look good to the neighbors. But remember, the neighbors are broke, too!

Last Edited:
12-15-2022/1055 hrs.

Oh well.......the market is doing a BIG DROP today.
So far, minus 930 on the DOW.
Perhaps, it's time to buy something?

Aloha, Mark

PS.......some music to go along with that?

Was today (12-21-2022) the beginning of the Santa Claus Rally for 2022?

BUT, But, but......
What were the numbers?

DOW closed up 527 (+1.60%) = 33,377
S & P 500 closed up 57 (+1.49%) = 3,878
NASDAQ closed up 162 (+1.54%) = 10,709

Yeah......What do I know?
My IRA portfolio has a paper loss of about 20% since 12-31-2021. So, be cautious.

BTW........best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Aloha, Mark

fredgraph.png

Fed owes us $18 billion this week. That's a pretty steep curve. They are going in the hole about $1.5 billion a week that they owe the treasury. I'm going to start charging them interest on what they owe me.

Happy New Year 2023!!!

Now......have you planned for paying your "fair share of taxes" for 2022? And, perhaps it's time to think/plan for 2023?

Yeah......on paper......my biggest retirement portfolio 457(b) dropped by slightly over 20%. BUT, But, but......I might have some company.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Now......have you planned for paying your "fair share of taxes" for 2022?
Yes, planned it out months ago - then revised the plan last month when I redid my taxes again and realized I could move more $ from my IRA to my Roth IRA and pay very little tax on the conversion. Altogether I will have a gross income of about $45K and pay maybe $200 in tax because only about $2K will be taxable.

And, perhaps it's time to think/plan for 2023?
I plan to sell my property this year, so I will need to pay tax on any profit over $250K - ouch! 😭

Fed owes us $22.5 billion this week. dropping 1-2 billion a week. highest liability in history. Anyone else seeing this?

fredgraph (2).png

is there a central bank that isnt pooping the bed right now?

Side note, I got an LLC IRA set up. Besides worthless fiat you can put precious metals, real estate and even crypto in them. All of you guys collecting gold and silver could actually be buying and storing them tax free. Something to consider. Unfortunately not firearms though...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top