JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I myself hope the bottom falls out. I got a substantial amount of dry powder waiting for just such an event.
Im still mostly in the "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" sort of mind set but I also see such a collosally broken system of crime with everything that I also feel the system needs to be flushed. But in order for that to happen, a lot of clueless people are going to be hurt.

When Ken Griffin said that people buying and holding a stock is what is causing teacher hedge funds to go bankrupt when Mevlin collapsed, I knew they were in real bad trouble. You dont push that kind of blame on national television if you are not trying to save your own butt. There are really big people in really bad trouble right now.

Im still mostly in the "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" sort of mind set but I also see such a collosally broken system of crime with everything that I also feel the system needs to be flushed. But in order for that to happen, a lot of clueless people are going to be hurt.

When Ken Griffin said that people buying and holding a stock is what is causing teacher hedge funds to go bankrupt when Mevlin collapsed, I knew they were in real bad trouble. You dont push that kind of blame on national television if you are not trying to save your own butt. There are really big people in really bad trouble right now.
The big dogs get bailed out while those who had no part of this mess pay for it.

With all that's going on, is it any surprise those with lesser gumption are acting out?

I have this feeling that Crypto Investments might have something to do with money being "siphoned away" from a REAL stock market recovery (like in the past/pre-crypto).

Rrrrright.......
People are buying numbers in the sky. And pretending that it's REAL.
Seems that the only thing REAL is that someone walked away with a C#@* Load of Money.

Don't get me wrong. It's your money.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The big dogs get bailed out while those who had no part of this mess pay for it.

With all that's going on, is it any surprise those with lesser gumption are acting out?
Exactly the reverse repo is $2.2 trillion a day. Since the payment rate is based on inflation, they banks got an increase in return rate from 0.08% to 1.5%. That's like $80 million a day the feds are giving them out of the printing press because it is no longer profitable for hold onto that money anywhere else. This is after the $4 trillion bailout they got in 2019 that no one is talking about.

Who is paying for all that? everyone effected by inflation.

Good size dip here... $368 on S&P right at that 23.6% fib level. Will we get the expected short term rally off that level or spiral down? I am in some SPY calls expecting a small rally.

I wonder when the mainstream media will note that the rise in interest rates is squeezing the public sector?

It already must be pressuring state and local bond markets, since the increased interest costs must be added to the total amount of the bond. In effect, the bond raises less money to do the work, since a higher percentage goes for interest.

On the Federal side, the National Debt is huge, but it is made up of bonds of different maturity lengths. This means that the only change in interest will be on older bonds that are rolled over on maturity and new bonds. The mix of short-, medium-, and long-term debt insures against rate hikes, but there will still be an effect. The longer the higher rates stay in effect, the more it will squeeze Federal spending. Because of the size of the National Debt, the previous low interest rates was a huge saving. Now it will be a huge cost. One way to address that cost will be to increase taxes. :eek:

Exactly the reverse repo is $2.2 trillion a day. Since the payment rate is based on inflation, they banks got an increase in return rate from 0.08% to 1.5%. That's like $80 million a day the feds are giving them out of the printing press because it is no longer profitable for hold onto that money anywhere else. This is after the $4 trillion bailout they got in 2019 that no one is talking about.

Who is paying for all that? everyone effected by inflation.
I got my pitchfork ready, LMK…

I wonder when the mainstream media will note that the rise in interest rates is squeezing the public sector?

It already must be pressuring state and local bond markets, since the increased interest costs must be added to the total amount of the bond. In effect, the bond raises less money to do the work, since a higher percentage goes for interest.

On the Federal side, the National Debt is huge, but it is made up of bonds of different maturity lengths. This means that the only change in interest will be on older bonds that are rolled over on maturity and new bonds. The mix of short-, medium-, and long-term debt insures against rate hikes, but there will still be an effect. The longer the higher rates stay in effect, the more it will squeeze Federal spending. Because of the size of the National Debt, the previous low interest rates was a huge saving. Now it will be a huge cost. One way to address that cost will be to increase taxes. :eek:
Lots of business and individual families are leveraged to their ears. I don't know how many are on adjustable rate loans but I expect they'll be the first who break when interest rates reach double digits.

When the tide rolls out we'll see who's skinny dipping.

huh?

1655419132318.png

This is the 10 year Japan bond that is to be kept under 0.25% using unlimited yen printing. Its used as a stable bond to help across boarder trading. If it goes up, japan spends unlimited yen to bring it back down. It just jumped to 0.45%. that should not be possible. someone somewhere is freaking out.

This could be really bad. They hold a ton of US debt and Japan will prop up the yen if it comes down to yen vs usd. That means the dollar could tank.

Looking at the YTD trend of S&P, NASDAQ and DOW, it appears that the market has bottomed out and might be slowly trending upwards (2.5%) over the last month, albeit with too much volatility for me (IRAs).

I hope it continues. I would like to see a recovery by end of year, of what I have lost since January.

Looking at the YTD trend of S&P, NASDAQ and DOW, it appears that the market has bottomed out and might be slowly trending upwards (2.5%) over the last month, albeit with too much volatility for me (IRAs).

I hope it continues. I would like to see a recovery by end of year, of what I have lost since January.
Everything getting a good smackdowns the last couple of days. That S&P $368 is in sight.

Everything getting a good smackdowns the last couple of days. That S&P $368 is in sight.
*sigh*

Yes - just when you hope things might be trending up. But I think/hope it has pretty much hit bottom. Going to be some volatility for a while.

Upside is my SS check will probably be ~10% fatter next year. Won't know how much for sure until September?

Just downloaded my 401k statements for the quarter...
Earnings Q2: ($43,000)
Earnings YTD: ($68,000)

Yup, those are negatives... Let's go, Brandon! :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR