JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New $500 billion dollar repo facility to help bail out FIMA accounts (Foreign and International Monetary Authorities)

I wonder how much milk is going to cost to bail out foreign banks?

After the dip, I was down about 17% YTD

Now I am down about 9% YTD.

I am thinking of doing a rollover from IRA to Roth as my house prep for sale is going very slow due to my back making it hard to do work while recovering from the pain. So I probably won't have tax on the profit this year.
Went ahead and aske to roll over $9K (should happen today or tomorrow - which is good theoretically when the market is down?) - a little under the max I can do without a tax liability (complicated by the SS calculations for taxable SS income vs my deductions). Gave myself a little room in case I miscalculated - once taxing SS income kicks in it seems it is not very gradual/linear.

Looks like I am going to have to wait till next year to see any growth in my IRAs.

I suck at trying to time the market.

It looked like we were getting an upswing, so I moved $ from my IRA to my Roth IRA, thinking I should do that before it got more expensive.

Then a week later big drop in the market.

*sigh* :(

Oh well, I'll just have to ride it out. I would have anyway, but now it looks like I will have to wait longer.

for those of you with pensions the SEC has removed the $1 billion cap on how much the OCC can tap if one of it's members defaults.

the OCC (options clearning corporations) acts as both the issuer and guarantor for option and futures contracts. Here is the member list:

So if any of these "too big to fail" banks defaults on risky bets, they will bail them out using funds from pensions.

I had previously said "nothing has changed since 2008" but in reality what has changed is how the banks will be bailed out when they fall. They can now literally take your pension when the next Lehman Brother's happens.

I had previously said "nothing has changed since 2008" but in reality what has changed is how the banks will be bailed out when they fall. They can now literally take your pension when the next Lehman Brother's happens.
Nothing to see here... Just laying the groundwork for the eventual and complete destruction of the American middle class and the institution of the elite's global NWO in which "...you will own nothing, and you will be happy..." Nothing to see here, sheeple. Go back to your homes. Move along... Move along...

There is a paywall on the trustnodes site, so I didn't see the whole article. It did bring up the question of public sector pensions. Are they fair game now in any bailout. Or perhaps just state and local pensions. Or regular federal employee pensions. But not pensions of current or former politicians, I'm sure! :rolleyes:

There is a paywall on the trustnodes site, so I didn't see the whole article. It did bring up the question of public sector pensions. Are they fair game now in any bailout. Or perhaps just state and local pensions. Or regular federal employee pensions. But not pensions of current or former politicians, I'm sure! :rolleyes:
The rule that was passed:

Its all the public pension plans.

and the best part:

"[T]he proposed change would allow OCC to seek a readily available liquidity resource that would enable it to, among other things, continue to meet its obligations in a timely fashion and as an alternative to selling Clearing Member collateral under what may be stressed and volatile market conditions."

Yep, instead of using the bank's collateral, they are going to use the pension plans as a liquidity source for options and futures.

all those pensions people worked for are going to be used by banks for risky bets

on a completely side note, do you think you'd ever see 1.6 million percent counterfeit shares?

1663048916869.png

Looks like I am going to have to wait till next year to see any growth in my IRAs.
The IRS leaked some IRA personal information on their main website.

This was in the news last week.

Have you checked to see if you are okay there?

Cate

The rule that was passed:

Its all the public pension plans.

and the best part:

Yep, instead of using the bank's collateral, they are going to use the pension plans as a liquidity source for options and futures.

all those pensions people worked for are going to be used by banks for risky bets

on a completely side note, do you think you'd ever see 1.6 million percent counterfeit shares?

View attachment 1275633
Wow!

Cate

So far.......the NASDAQ dropped over 4%.

Aloha, Mark

PS....sorry, I forgot to say that was just for TODAY, 09-13-2022, at that particular time of the day.

See Post #1,461 for the closing numbers for 09-13-2022

Last Edited:
CPI is 8.3% today. Oh good, it is going down. we're out of the woods.

Well, that is, if you calculate CPI without food and energy. So remember everyone, until the economy is back on track, dont eat anything or use any energy. Should only be a few more months until the fed fixes it. (ignore the dark line on the graph that includes food and energy in the calculation)

1663091723969.png

Fastest rise in food prices in all US history. I wonder at what point does it become cheaper to eat a billionaire than go to McDonalds?

View attachment 1275964
And here I thought 6 months of emergency food/preps stockpile would be sufficient.
I can see I'm gonna have to double that within the next coupla months...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top