JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RE : Post #934
Is anyone still looking to invest in Chinese Developers? I'd argue that even their major corporations and companies are "sketchy".

Standard Disclaimer Applies.

Aloha, Mark

RE : Post #934
Is anyone still looking to invest in Chinese Developers? I'd argue that even their major corporations and companies are "sketchy".

Standard Disclaimer Applies.

Aloha, Mark
Today there are like 10 chinese real estate companies with their stocks with trading suspended today. Funny with China saying that the US is full of greedy people recently.

It's not a game for the faint of heart. Lost $30 and got back $11k of that (so far), all in 3 short weeks. Smarter people than I are reminding me to "buy the dip." And I don't think they mean Copenhagen.

-------------------

Edit 16 days later:
Recovered about $25k, so still down 5 from when the plunge began. Deep breaths and cautious optimism.

Last Edited:
For those of you still following gamestop. in their earnings report yesterday they were the first company (in hsitory I believe) to include how many shares were direct registered with the transfer agent. That means the shares literally have the purchasers name on them. If you buy shares at a broker you have "beneficially owned shares" which means the broker's name is on them but you have the "rights" to them. The brokers can treat Beneficially owned shares as their own shares and use them against you to make money. For every share you buy at Robinhood or Fidelity or E-trade, the company uses that share against you to steal your money bit by bit.

to quote from the SEC rules
Paragraph (b)(3) of Rule 15c3-3 sets forth conditions under which broker-dealers may borrow fully paid or excess margin securities from customers for their own use without violating the rule's possession or control requirement.

It is legal for all brokers to use your shares against you. And since they know your orders and how much you plan to buy or sell, they can manipulate the market to make sure they use your own money to steel from you.

in gamestop's earning report as of last October there are a billion dollars worth of shares that have been direct registered by regular people so that the brokers cant counterfeit them and use them against them. That is huge. Its history in the making and the media will absultely not mention this because they are complicit.

Inflation only 6.8% dont worry. its short term only.

Remember in 2008 when the rating companies were paid off to not lower ratings of the garbage mortgage backed securities so that banks could use them as collateral while others could sell them off before labeling them as garbage so the economy was leveraged using garbage as collateral and then the crashed and we had to bail them out?

I wonder how everyone is rating Evergrande? Might as well chip in a few extra dollars when you are paying taxes this year

well, well, well....

This is interesting. Up above I mentioned a FOIA request I did a while back asking about information that I felt should prove that hedge funds were being incredibly fraudulent and ready to take down the entire market with their crime. They didnt respond in the 20 days required and I had been sending appeals and requests for help and would get no response.

52 days later I get my answer and this is what it says:

...but did not locate or identify any information responsive to your request.

well that was pretty defeating. Until I saw this on the SEC information website about FOIA requests:

Under three exceptional circumstances, the SEC is authorized to treat records as not subject to the requirements of the FOIA. When the SEC applies an exclusion, the FOIA requester will receive a response indicating that the Office of FOIA Services was unable to locate or identify any responsive records.

OH POOP. That sentence was code that said they cant give me the information I requested because of 1 of 3 exceptional circumstances. Those circumstances include:

(c)(1) Exclusion: Where the subject of a criminal investigation or proceeding is unaware of the existence of records concerning a pending investigation and disclosure of such records would interfere with the investigation.

And what gets reported everywhere THE DAY after I get my FOIA response?

HOLY BUBBLEGUM

They answered my question without answering my question. My suspicion for my FOIA request was right.

Still wondering how the spin will go off?

Aloha, Mark
That is weird seeing the media critical of the people they work for.

I cant wait to see who the media blames when the market crashes.

Today (12-15-2021) was a good day for the market. You can see the difference before and after Powell made the official Fed announcement. Interest rates will remain unchanged (for now).

DOW closed at 35,937 (up 1.07%)
S&P closed at 4,710 (up 1.63%)
NASDAQ closed at 15,566 (up 2.15%)

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Today (12-15-2021) was a good day for the market. You can see the difference before and after Powell made the official Fed announcement. Interest rates will remain unchanged (for now).

DOW closed at 35,937 (up 1.07%)
S&P closed at 4,710 (up 1.63%)
NASDAQ closed at 15,566 (up 2.15%)

Aloha, Mark
I was up close to 5% across the board today.

Waiting to see how the large and small cap funds in my 401k did.

My SPY options crushed it today! Sold my full position of overnight $460 puts at +30% and got half position of $470 calls and sold at +160%. Ridiculously good day. Anyone with two licks of common sense knew Powell wasn't going to taper during the holiday and just a couple weeks left in the year. No Christmas vacation for the money printer this year! Took some of the profit and got 5k more worth of VVS coins and staked them. Hope for a pullback on Apple later this week so I can get some leap calls. Absolutely great year but got a feeling this market is getting near the end of the road.

. No Christmas vacation for the money printer this year!

Speaking of the money printer
that's a lot of printed money
fredgraph (2).png

And new record $1.7 trillion daily reverse repo.
fredgraph (1).png

Its hillarious when Powell says nothing is backing bitcoin. Meanwhile $16 trillion in currency appears overnight.

Rrrrright.....they need/deserve the extra income that the inside info provides them.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....AOC pushes back.

Last Edited:
XRT shorted 579%

1640303033497.png

Definitely no crime involved in the market.

imagine if I could pretend to have a few million barrels of oil and sell them on the market as if they were real just to get the price down of gas, and then when people who bought the oil asked for it, I could do a some sort of derivative swap to say "sorry, dont have them, I traded them for mortgages that are never going to be paid off because their home buyers all had credit scores below 10 but my buddie at S&P rated them them AAA rating so I can use them as 100% collateral to buy bitcoin"

oh guess what is second on the list? XOP shorted 129% Oil and Gas exploration. I guess they arent pretending.

Getting close to my previous high for the year (after subtracting my contributions) - today seems flat but it has been a good week for my retirement funds - so far. We'll see what tomorrow, the last trading day of the year, brings.

_nc_ohc=9Pwm0TnzGUMAX_T8dU6&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads