JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Not learning from history; this is where a LOT of large corps got in trouble in the past - branching off into finance, making their own credit offerings and then getting stuck with the bad debt.

On topic. Seems the market is having some volatility, maybe profit taking, maybe a bit of a correction?

It occurred to me that even when the market is lower than last close, my funds could make $ if they buy the dip then buy after it goes back up. A lot of these days where the market is down, it starts off down, then gradually moves back up, even though it still winds up less than last close. I've noticed that my balances don't seem to go down as much as I thought they might, maybe even hardly at all on those days.

Joe crying about debt ceiling not helping along with the fed next week most likely rolling back stimulus, poor job creation, inflation and several other things make buying hard right now. Looks like a bumpy road ahead for a while.

Joe crying about debt ceiling not helping along with the fed next week most likely rolling back stimulus, poor job creation, inflation and several other things make buying hard right now. Looks like a bumpy road ahead for a while.
I have some $ I want to put into the market, but if the market is going to go down more I am going to wait for a little while for that to happen.

I have some $ I want to put into the market, but if the market is going to go down more I am going to wait for a little while for that to happen.

I am waiting to find a rental till hopefully things come back to reality. Been looking hard but incredibly overpriced. I said the same thing last year also so ya never know. Really need something if my retirement plan is gonna pan out as I only got 12 years left before I'm 55 and really been pushing the last several years to make 55 it.

I am waiting to find a rental till hopefully things come back to reality. Been looking hard but incredibly overpriced. I said the same thing last year also so ya never know. Really need something if my retirement plan is gonna pan out as I only got 12 years left before I'm 55 and really been pushing the last several years to make 55 it.
You've got lotsa time to weather some bumps in that ride. I'm 62 in a coupla months. Not gonna be able to retire until at least 65 (two kids in school).

Ignored section of the market::

In today's mixed up crazy world there is a niche often forgotten, industrial gasses. To manufacture just about anything on the face of this planet, industrial gasses play a part. Pharmaceuticals, glass, petrochemicals, gasoline, diesel, food processing, aerospace, computer chips.............you name it. The choices are fewer today, pick a winner. Praxair bought out BOC, BOC Bought out AirCo long time ago, Linde just merged with Praxair. That now leaves just the BIG THREE; Linde, Air Products & Chemicals, and Air Liquide.

Trivia moment: If you have eaten a burger at Mickey D's it was flash frozen using a very cold nitrogen gas process from Air Products. APD (ticker) produced all the liquid hydrogen for the space shuttle engine testing & launch. All three of these companies have production sites world wide.

If anyone is making a buck on the 3rd rock from the sun, these three are getting a piece of the pie. Steady gainers.

Foreverlost,

Great idea! Unless it dips a ton more...
Dollar cost averaging, but yeah, I tend to put larger amounts into the funds, so I try to wait for it to look like it has bottomed out.

It seems my EDJ managed funds buy more shares with the dividends, so even though the value can go down, I slowly acquire more shares, which means when it goes back up then I get more value, maybe yet more shares.

I am thinking I will only put more into the EDJ Roth IRA, not the EDJ regular IRA, instead I will start another IRA elsewhere that I have more control over day to day and has low or no fees.

I'm just waiting for the bottom to fall out so they can pass the first quadrillion dollar stimulus bill. Gotta get to the big Q word sometime...

I'm just waiting for the bottom to fall out so they can pass the first quadrillion dollar stimulus bill. Gotta get to the big Q word sometime...
I don't think Congress or the White House has the stomach for any more stimulus, whether it is needed or not. The plan now is "infrastructure", some of which (real infrastructure, like roads & bridges) has been needed for quite a while.

I don't think Congress or the White House has the stomach for any more stimulus, whether it is needed or not. The plan now is "infrastructure", some of which (real infrastructure, like roads & bridges) has been needed for quite a while.
After the Dems got kicked in the jimmy over trying to claim immigration was infrastructure last night, I wonder if Pelosi will continue to hold up the actual infrastructure investment that was pushed earlier and is in limbo in the House.

I expect her to hold, and I further expect the market to stay volatile for the near term. But yeah, buying on the dip.

What goes up must come down, especially when it is being shot out of the sky.
On average, in the long term, the market keeps going up. Fortunately I do not depend on my investments for short term returns - I have a "fixed" monthly income that pays all of my bills (except my unnecessary ones, like guns & ammo), plus a cash reserve in my checking account for emergencies.

So I can just ride the roller coaster because eventually my investments will arrive a higher point.

S&P really getting spanked today. If they announce tapering this week you could really see some heavy downward action.
We're spoiled; hasn't been a real bear market in over 10 years. So everything is seen as a "dip" in an otherwise ascending market.

Given the we're-not-political (hahahahahahahahaha!) FED's propensity to "save" the market any time anything has happened in the past decade I won't be surprised if tapering is once again put on hold.

Of course there's that inflation thing... What's a market manipulator to do?

Oh, and we can still put another trillion (too little, need moar!!!) on the credit card eh? It's an *investment*!!!

Just to be clear, I have no guess (wild bubblegum or otherwise) what will happen. I've tried to adopt a zen approach to the ongoing bubblegum show of modern finance.

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads