JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heck you can get a Uncle Mikes for about 20 bucks to open carry.

Remember as stated in the other thread,Starbucks isn't endorsing the 2A cause,just tolerant of open carry laws.

All we can do is support them because of the other church groups boycotting them.

VIVA LA Starbucks!!!

Bunny's point is taken.

Starbuck's does not, by their own statement, wish to be put in the middle.

That is exactly what one does when one boycotts or responds to a boycott.

I can support Starbuck's without the glory, I don't need to be recognized for it.

I will support Starbuck's on some day other than Valentine's Day, in recognition of their wishes.

... noting the appointed day on the calendar ... there's a few outlets within an easy drive/walk of Wombat Gully; I'm not sure which 'buckies to go to FIRST!

Guns and Coffee velcro patches can be had, in multicam too ... check out ebay ...

Guns and Coffee multicam.jpg

I Love Guns and Coffee1.jpg

Last Edited:
With all the talk about Starbucks, I think its important to remember that Dutch Brothers really stepped up to the plate a year or so ago when one of its baristas shot and killed some puke with a gun that was trying to rob the store down in Eugene. Instead of firing the barista for packing at work, they let him come back when he was ready. I always buy from them whenever I am in Eugene, even though I dont much care for their coffee.

Bunny's point is taken.

Starbuck's does not, by their own statement, wish to be put in the middle.

That is exactly what one does when one boycotts or responds to a boycott.

I can support Starbuck's without the glory, I don't need to be recognized for it.

I will support Starbuck's on some day other than Valentine's Day, in recognition of their wishes.

Jammer and Bunny got a point here as SB's does not want to be put in the middle.
I would not want to alarm ( Flashmob with guns) Starbucks patron's that are clueless ( and most probley are) to what Feb 14th is about. I think my wife and I will just have coffee and pass on to the manager our thanks for having an open policy on firearms. It would be the s#%t's if the open carry went counter productive?

Just an old guy speak'n

Last Edited:
Jammer and Bunny got a point here...
Thank you, but it's Bunny's point. All I did was read it, and agree.

Starbuck's, obviously, wants my business. They don't wish to participate in any debate or political uproar over guns, they simply wish to obey the law.

If I went to Starbuck's on Valentine's Day, with lots of guns hanging all over me, and yelled about the second amendment to everyone within hearing distance, all I would accomplish would be to scare the people who were there.

In the very best case, I would make a positive impression on some barista who has absolutely no control over Starbuck's position on this issue. And that's a long shot.

So.

Given that A) Starbuck's has stated that they do not wish to participate in any debate, B) there is nothing to gain by making a public point on Valentine's Day, C) such a display could easily become counter-productive, D) what Starbuck's wants is my business, E) I can give them what they want without posing, in private and F) this will have a far greater impact over time that any posing I could do on one day.

Given all that, I will continue to support Starbuck's, in the manner they have stated they wish to be supported.

Quietly. With no arm waving. Money matters, non-productive posing is for college students.

That is what I will do, that is what I suggest you do.

Remember to support Starbucks on Valentines Day! I will be at the one in Nampa, Id at 7am if anyone wants to join my wife and me!

Starbucks' 'Pro-Gun' Policy Prompts Gun Victims' Advocate Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott on... -- CHICAGO, Jan. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Big pat on the back to Starbucks. Those anti-gunners can boycott all they want. Means I can sit in my local Starbucks and enjoy my hot chocolate and not have some moonbat get all uppity that I have a gun.

I will just have coffee and pass on to the manager our thanks for having an open policy on firearms.

I'm going to do the same. I'd like to open carry, but I don't want to make other people in the room uncomfortable. I'm respectful of their fear of guns even if they aren't respectful of my right to carry one. That being said, I'll definitely been showing my support that day, even if I don't show my gun. :)

Btw, starbucks will take 10¢ off your drink if you bring your own cup (hot or cold) and seniors get 10% off I believe.

Bimart sells 16 oz ($5.99) and 24 oz ($8.99) cold beverage cups like this and I'm gonna put one of these stickers on my Frappuccino so I can support two gun-friendly places at the same time. :s0155:
0640772925073672.jpg gcstk4_1244_thumb.jpg
Or you can get hot and cold cups with permanent logos here I Love Guns & Coffee - Sportco Warehouse Sporting Goods Their coffee mugs are really nice and shipping is super fast. Bought one for a friend.

In reference to Jammer Six & Bunny: Both of you have good points.
My take is that Starbucks sits on the sidelines, trying to avoid the controversy. They are not pro-gun: If they were, they wouldn't have a corporate policy against their employees being armed.
As far as "posing" - good point, Jammer. I think that, if there are anti's standing around with signs and yelling at people, the most appropriate thing to do would be to walk in quietly and buy product while being openly armed. We could either ignore the idiots, or maybe smile & wave. Either way, record the event and post. This way, it would be quite obvious who were the "adults" and who were the "fools". Being armed, and getting in their faces, would probably be hugely counterproductive.

My wife and I intend to participate in Hazel Dell (78th Street & Hwy 99), or maybe at Salmon Creek (Deen_Ad: What time?).

Other thoughts?

I actually most of time prefer to hit the drive through. but on lovers day I will go in with my paper. sit back and enjoy my coffee with my 45 on my hip and have a good time of it. I doubt any anti's will be there, but i will be happy to invite them to the range as my guest if they talk to me.
My comments about being having guns hanging all over my belt was my attempt at physc-op and just spinning them up.
beside I don't have a left hand holster, YET!!!!!

My wife and I intend to participate in Hazel Dell (78th Street & Hwy 99), or maybe at Salmon Creek (Deen_Ad: What time?).

Other thoughts?

Hadn't really given time a thought. Since I work swing shift I tend to sleep late. Have to be to work by 4:00 pm. I can also make the 78th st since it's almost on my way to work.

I'm in Salem and I'll be at a SB on the 14th.I don't care to open carry. But when asked how I'm doing today I'll say "I'm feeling incredibly safe to day. ...like an army of law abiding got my back." ;-p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top